Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Cain F nub
Don Fernando 03:23 PM 03-01-2011
About two weeks ago I got a package from Studio Tobac with a couple of cigars and a letter telling me that I made the cut and that I'm a member of the Studio Tobac advisory board, which is quite an honor. The cigars included in the package were the unreleased Cain F lancero and this 4x60 Cain F nub. In the past I also smoked the Cain F654T, the Cain F660 and my favorite Cain F, the Cain F550.

The shiny, smooth and oily wrapper looks great. I see a few thin but long veins. This nub has a strong barnyard smell and the construction feels a bit hard. When I punch the cigar I notice that the wrapper isn't as thick as I expected. The predraw is a bit hard and I taste a mild tobacco.

I taste coffee with a mild sweetness and soon some earthy flavors with pepper. After half an inch I taste earth with wood and a little bit of pepper in the aftertaste. After a third I still taste wood with earth but now with some sweetness and pepper in the aftertaste.

When I take a zip of water I taste some chocolate. The sweetness fades away and the pepper also loses some of its strength. This cigar is nice, but a bit boring.

This cigar lasts me an hour and thirty five minutes. The draw is good, just like the burn although I had to correct it a few times. I got a lot of thick white smoke. The firm ash is quite dark and frayed. This cigar is full bodied and full flavored.

Would I buy this cigar again? I don't think so, 60 rg is just too much for me.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
Up