Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Tatuaje Havana VI aristas
Don Fernando 03:16 PM 03-01-2011
This 6x50 Tatuaje Havana VI Aristas is the torpedo from the Havana VI line. Now you might think that a torpedo with a red Tatuaje band is the same as the Tatuaje Verocu Tubos but it is not, it is a different blend. I smoked several vitolas from the Havana VI line, but I just realized I never reviewed one, even though I reviewed quite some Tatuaje cigars. This review will change that. The cigar has a € 9.00 price tag in The Netherlands.

The first thing I notice when I unpack the cigar is the strong barnyard smell. The construction is a bit inconsistent, I feel some soft spots. The wrapper is nice, dark and oily with a few veins. The predraw is fine and I taste raisin and black pepper.

I taste coffee and some wild berries and earth. The flavors are warm and comforting. I also taste a bit of pepper and soon chocolate joins the flavor party on the background. The flavors are smooth, full but smooth.

After half an inch I taste herbs, cinnamon and pepper with some earth. After an inch I also taste some smooth wood with the mentioned flavors. It is all very subtle. Halfway I also taste some sweetness and nutmeg with the wood, herbs and cinnamon. The flavors are still full but smooth and subtle. After two thirds the flavors are getting spicy and I also taste a lot of white pepper.

The smoke time of this torpedo is an hour and a half. I got a lot of thick white smoke. The draw is great, the burn is good, I had to correct two times. The light colored ash is firm. This cigar is full flavored and full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, I liked it, a lot!

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 9 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
[Reply]
Up