Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>La Aurora 1495 Series Corona No. 4
RevSmoke 04:47 PM 02-28-2011
This stick was given to me a couple years ago by Gnukfu. Thanks George!

La Aurora 1495 Series Corona No. 4 (5.25X43)
Cameroon 1994

0.0 - 2.0 = poor/inferior quality
2.1 - 2.9 = fair
3.0 - 3.5 = good
3.5 - 4.5 = excellent
4.6 - 5.0 = superior

1) Aesthetics: The presentation on this cigar is wonderful, a good looking band and the second band which says Cameroon 1994 adds a touch of class. A pretty Cameroon wrapper is sported well by this cigar, more dry than oily.

Score for aesthetics: 3.5

2) Pre-light Construction: Not a heavy cigar, but firm with no soft spots.

Score for Pre-light construction: 4.5

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked: Only slight effort on the draw produces mouthfuls of cool smoke. A grey ask clings stubbornly for a good inch plus, with a steady even burn line.

Score for post-light construction: 4.8

4) Flavor and strength: A medium bodied smoke, there is some slight spice predominates with some sweetness maintaining a regal presence. As it gets more complex, flavors of coffee and an oakiness comes through.

Score for flavor and strength: 4.6

5) Finish/Aftertaste: Finish on this was lighter than expected, exhibiting some spice and sweetness. Very nice.

Score for aftertaste: 4.6

6) Aroma: The nose of this cigar is stronger than the flavors would indicate that it should be, this is not a bad thing, just different than expected. It is a sweet spice, with some coffee.

Score for aroma: 4.6

7) General Comments: This was a good smoke, but didn’t wow me. I enjoyed it, but at the price for stick was a bit more than I’d like for it

Overall score for the cigar: 3.9
[Reply]
Up