Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>Getting sick from cigars.
thechrisdotcom 11:11 AM 08-31-2011
Originally Posted by gbum:
i had it once... with my first time cc bolivar,it was an event at my local b&m... had a little food.. drank some juice and coke...everything fine... got a bit of nit kickin and eat some sugar... on my way home..stop at petrol station to take a piss... end up:-) all over the toilet...
My brother had a CC Bolivar 2 weekends ago. Kind of kicked his butt but he rebounded just fine. Luckily for you you hit the toilet, unlike my bro, got himself and the dash of his nice car. haha. I never freaked out so quickly to clean something up. I was concerned about the car more than him. I was like, GET THE F**K OUT OF THE CAR! Unfortunately we were moving when it happened, just didn't have enough time to pull over and stop and do it outside.
[Reply]
gbum 11:21 AM 08-31-2011
Originally Posted by thechrisdotcom:
My brother had a CC Bolivar 2 weekends ago. Kind of kicked his butt but he rebounded just fine. Luckily for you you hit the toilet, unlike my bro, got himself and the dash of his nice car. haha. I never freaked out so quickly to clean something up. I was concerned about the car more than him. I was like, GET THE F**K OUT OF THE CAR! Unfortunately we were moving when it happened, just didn't have enough time to pull over and stop and do it outside.
haha i can imagine that... with the new A3..duhhh:-)
[Reply]
thechrisdotcom 11:33 AM 08-31-2011
I got an update from his roommate. He went to my parents last night and swapped cars. I think they're taking his car to a detailer or something. He's at home just sleeping or something. I mentioned the food poisoning thing but his roommate thinks it was just the cigar because she hasn't heard him running to the bathroom several times or anything.
[Reply]
CasaDooley 12:13 PM 08-31-2011
:-) Just a guess here, but I think it was........."The salmon mousse!!!":-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UBQFXQUqxE

Sorry Bro. When I Herf, I do it with food in my gut, drink plenty of fluids and gulp down a couple of sugar packets=no bed spins and puking. Seems to work for me.:-)
[Reply]
thechrisdotcom 12:24 PM 08-31-2011
Like I said...he got no spins or anything when we were done smoking our cigars. It just kind of happened all of a sudden.
[Reply]
Volusianator 12:33 PM 08-31-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
:-)

:-):-)
No thank you!
[Reply]
ckay 03:25 PM 08-31-2011
Great post! Only a brother would clean up after the other. I've had my fair share of surprise projectile. Both after big meals. Never a fun thing to do.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 04:53 PM 08-31-2011
Kinda on the line of this thread?!

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=48094
[Reply]
thechrisdotcom 05:18 PM 08-31-2011
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
Kinda on the line of this thread?!

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=48094
haha, this wasn't a topic I was going to search on. bad enough with the story I have.
[Reply]
vinnydisilvio 01:11 AM 09-01-2011
oh for sure i've been sick from cigars before. probably 5 times that i can remember.

sometimes i feel light-headed before i puke, sometimes not as much. sometimes i smoke cigars way past the point they taste bitter (just because i don't wanna give up the cigar yet) and puke from that. stubbornness gets me there.

but there have been times i've puked because of other things still related to the cigar. the one time i smoked a Brickhouse robusto i was definitely overwhelmed because of the rampant pepper throughout the smoke. i puked about 10 minutes after i was inside the house. the other time it was after a Casa Magna Colorado. it was a delicious cigar but i guess it got the best of me. again it was about 10-15 minutes later. probably didn't help that i immediately ate soup right after the cigar. that was just stupidity. usually if i puke after a cigar it's because i didn't sit there long enough and let whatever i was feeling wear off.

i've heard about the sugar thing but i've also heard that sugar is most effective for staving off "cigar-sickness" if you put the sugar/candy/etc. directly under your tongue for a few seconds because it absorbs into your bloodstream easier. it worked for me the one time i tried it.

hope your brother's doing better!
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:24 AM 09-01-2011
I got sick last night, didn't spew but felt like I could have. You cursed me! Haha
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up