Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
All Cigar Discussion>Cuban disappointment?
Bill86 02:25 PM 08-18-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
Where were you on the night of the 12th? Does your dog bite?
:-)

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Objection Your Honor!!!!!!!!!!!!
Objection denied!

Originally Posted by pektel:
lol. Well you get what I was going for, right? Provenance.

Guess I was badgering the witness.
Permission to treat the witness as hostile your honor?
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 02:35 PM 08-18-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:

Objection denied!

What?? You're drunk Your Honor:-):-)
[Reply]
Bill86 02:42 PM 08-18-2011
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
What?? You're drunk Your Honor:-):-)
[Reply]
Hippiebrian 07:08 AM 08-19-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
Where were you on the night of the 12th? Does your dog bite?
"that is not my dog..." :-)
[Reply]
T.G 08:49 AM 08-19-2011
finally...:-)
[Reply]
Mister Moo 09:17 AM 08-19-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Beating the dead horse here...."Like what you smoke..."
O M G......

I have been smoking a pipe for so long I forgot people were still flogging livestock in the cigar section. Horses today, cows tomorrow... hogs could be next. Soon you people will be telling us to smoke what we DON'T like.

You ready to come by for a nice pipe and a mootini yet, Admiral Obvious? You really need a North Carolina trip.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 03:46 PM 08-19-2011
Drunk guy beating a dead horse.
:-):-)
[Reply]
heavyd 11:19 PM 08-20-2011
OP I agree with you to some extent. Some of the cc's I've had were fantastic, truly memorable cigars, but many have been mediocre or plugged or had some burn issues, or seemed flavorless compared to my favorite nc's. I'll always smoke both...forever chasing that dragon :-)
[Reply]
bruceolee 04:05 PM 08-21-2011
I have nothing new to say on this topic.

I just find it funny, 6+ years of this now and the same topic pops up no matter what forum you're on and the answers are still the same.

Life's too short to worry about this stuff. Smoke up and enjoy whatever makes you happy. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 07:48 PM 08-21-2011
To bastardize the wise words of a wise man, "Never confuse the inclination to express opinion with actual facts."

Smoke what you like, like what you smoke.....and don't try to tell someone else that what you smoke is better than what they smoke. :-)
[Reply]
alfredo_buscatti 04:12 PM 08-28-2011
It took me a long time to find this thread again.

Bill, I remember that you wanted to know about the Cubans I smoked (presuming they weren't fake). My brother sent them to me for an eval. He didn't say where he got them. And I don't know what if any age they had. The label was nondescript; it just said "Montecristo."
[Reply]
pnoon 04:26 PM 08-28-2011
Originally Posted by alfredo_buscatti:
Subscribing to a thread makes it easy. :-)
[Reply]
waffle 04:45 PM 08-28-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Subscribing to a thread makes it easy. :-)
Its too hard to cancel my subscription... I always spend hours on the phone with customer service, trying and they keep hard selling! You can keep your subscriptions!:-)
[Reply]
pnoon 06:32 PM 08-28-2011
Originally Posted by waffle:
Its too hard to cancel my subscription... I always spend hours on the phone with customer service, trying and they keep hard selling! You can keep your subscriptions!:-)
[Reply]
Nathan King 10:41 PM 08-29-2011
Oh boy, another one of these threads. Some people enjoy ripe, fruity, and extracted New World style wines while others (me included) enjoy the funky terroir and subtle wisps of nuanced flavor offered by a Burgundy that has been cellared for decades. So goes the cigar world.
[Reply]
Bill86 11:04 PM 08-29-2011
Originally Posted by alfredo_buscatti:

Bill, I remember that you wanted to know about the Cubans I smoked (presuming they weren't fake). My brother sent them to me for an eval. He didn't say where he got them. And I don't know what if any age they had. The label was nondescript; it just said "Montecristo."
Yeah most CC's don't have the name of the cigar on the band. Some that do, PSD4, PSP2, some Partagas EL's come to mind.

Without knowing the age or authenticity, you're better off visiting a La Casa del Habano some day and making your judgment off a few cigars you smoke there.
[Reply]
darkninja67 06:08 AM 08-30-2011
Originally Posted by NotFromHere:
I'm probably in the small minority, but I have really moved away from CC's and very much toward NC's. In fact, I recently liquidated a bunch of my older CC's because.....I have just have had it with them. I still have most of a 50 cab of SLR A's from several years back, but most of my CC's are now in the hands of other guys.

I have bought expensive CC's from reputable vendors for years. Honestly I have had it with plugged sticks, tunneling sticks, sticks that are "off", sticks that are "sick", etc....just disappointment after disappointment.

I'll be the very first to say "smoke what you like and like what you smoke" but for me, CC's aren't on the menu anymore. There are a few guys out there that would say "....if you don't smoke CC's your tastes aren't sophisticated enough to appreciate them..."...which I believe simply isn't true.

One man's opinion - N.F.H.
I am with you brother. Construction issues turned me off to most CCs. However I will smoke a PSD4 if one is handed to me.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up