Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 111
« First < 345 671555105 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>beer hauls
BlackDog 09:50 PM 11-27-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Try the Stone Porter if you're a Porter fan. Very good brew.
I wish I could, but we can't buy Stone here in MN. One of these days I need to make a trip across the Cheddar Curtain to Wisconsin and buy some stuff there that we can't get here.

Stupid licensing laws. :-)
[Reply]
MikeyC 08:19 AM 11-28-2009
Went out to the store last night to pick up some wine for my wife and also left with a couple He'Brew Bar Mitvahs (I love the name of this beer) and a bottle of Southern Tier Unearthly.
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 10:45 AM 11-28-2009
Todays grab with the holidays in thought - :-)
Attached: Beer Haul 005.JPG (71.6 KB) 
[Reply]
awsmith4 02:44 PM 11-28-2009
Originally Posted by Bubba - NJ:
Todays grab with the holidays in thought - :-)
Nice pickups!

I am drinking the St. Bernardus Pater 6 as I type
[Reply]
Veritas 03:21 PM 11-28-2009
Today’s mini-haul. A couple of local brews, a recommendation and a fruit beer. I usually don’t go for the fruit-flavored brews but was feeling adventurous.

2 – 90 Shilling Ale; O’Dell Brewing Co., Ft. Collins, CO
2 – Leinenkugel’s Classic Amber, Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Co., Chippewa Falls, WI
1 – Red Rocket Pale Ale, Bristol Brewing Co., Colorado Springs, CO
1 – Wild Blue Blueberry Lager, Blue Dawg Brewing, Baldwinsville, NY

[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 05:22 PM 11-28-2009
Hey Warren, how was the Founders Breakfast Stout?
[Reply]
Skywalker 10:54 AM 12-01-2009
I picked these up a few days ago!!!

The Growler is Red Taxi (Amber Ale) from Sierra Nevada!!!
:-)
[Reply]
BlackDog 12:38 PM 12-01-2009
Those look great! I'd love to have a growler from SN. I think they're my favorite brewery.
[Reply]
BlackDog 12:39 PM 12-01-2009
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Hey Warren, how was the Founders Breakfast Stout?
I've had one of the FBS I bought the other day, and liked it. In fact I had it with breakfast! :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 02:49 PM 12-01-2009
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
I've had one of the FBS I bought the other day, and liked it. In fact I had it with breakfast! :-)
Its a favorite of mine:-)
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 10:27 AM 12-05-2009
Another haul with some new ones to try out - Had a Taddy Porter last night and loved it so I had to get more . :-) I think I need a BIGGER FRIDGE !
Attached: beer pics 008.JPG (71.0 KB) 
[Reply]
kenstogie 11:44 AM 12-05-2009
Recently got a 4 pack of Sam Adams Doublebock and although I am not a Sam Adams fan per se the Double bock is goood.
[Reply]
MikeyC 11:46 AM 12-05-2009
Originally Posted by kenstogie:
Recently got a 4 pack of Sam Adams Doublebock and although I am not a Sam Adams fan per se the Double bock is goood.
That's a good beer. It was the only Sam Adams beer to medal this year at the Great American Beer Festival.
[Reply]
BigFrank 07:47 PM 12-05-2009
Picked up some Sierra Nevada Harvest and Pale Ale. Also a brew called Hoptimus Prime from Legacy brewing and Unearthly IPA from southern tier
[Reply]
kenstogie 08:34 PM 12-05-2009
Originally Posted by MikeyC:
That's a good beer. It was the only Sam Adams beer to medal this year at the Great American Beer Festival.
Here's the goods! At over 9% ABV get a D/D! I recommend sipping.
[Reply]
MikeyC 11:09 PM 12-05-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Picked up some Sierra Nevada Harvest and Pale Ale. Also a brew called Hoptimus Prime from Legacy brewing and Unearthly IPA from southern tier
I drank an Unearthly the other day. Not bad but not great IMO. It was a little too sweet for my taste and I didn't really enjoy the hop finish either.

Originally Posted by kenstogie:
Here's the goods! At over 9% ABV get a D/D! I recommend sipping.
Nice! I see you even poured it in a Sam Adams glass. :-)

I have a few of these along with some Imperial Stouts and some Imperial Whites in my closet (a/k/a the beer cellar) catching some z's until they make their way into the fridge.
[Reply]
BigFrank 07:02 AM 12-06-2009
I've had the Imperial Stout's. Wasn't the greatest stout I have ever had. Was thinking about picking up some Double bock, but Im kind of on an IPA kick right now.
[Reply]
Nimbus 12:33 PM 12-06-2009
Originally Posted by Red:
AFTERMATH!!!!

Nice collection of beers. Looks like you had a wonderful time. So when can I come over? :-)

<3 Abita Purple Haze :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Nimbus 12:37 PM 12-06-2009
Originally Posted by MikeyC:
I was at the Sam Adams Boston Brewery on Monday and picked up one of each of the new Barrel Room Collection. Right now that's the only place you can buy them. There are three styles in the collection a Kriek, a Belgian Blond, and a Belgian Red. It's hard to tell from the picture but these are 750ml bottles (they better be I paid $10 each for them!). I think I'm going to age them a while before cracking them open.

Man those look delicious. For $10 a beer, it is well worth it. :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Tarks 03:12 PM 12-06-2009
Here is what I picked up yesterday! btw, my head hurts today! lol.

ImageImageImageImageImage
[Reply]
Page 5 of 111
« First < 345 671555105 > Last »
Up