Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Unique Gifts for Home Distillers?
stearns 03:46 PM 12-01-2014
Hey guys,

I need to find a Christmas gift for my brother in-law, who recently started his first attempt at working a still. I thought this would be a good base to work off, he has all the basic components to get everything working so it would be something extra. I'd rather not get him just a book about it with recipes or something, so if anybody knows of anything cool and unique to get post it up. Looking to spend around $75. His first run is some sort of brandy, and he has shown an interest in Gin. Don't know much more than that. Thanks :-)
[Reply]
chaase321 04:54 PM 12-01-2014
if you could sneak a pic of his setup that might help people with suggesting add-ons (i.e. a "thumper" or something that may help with double distilling).

Or if you are not looking for something to add to his set up, you could always go the route of personalized bottles/labels.

or my favorite...if he is making whiskey, you could get him a charred white oak barrel from online, they come in different sizes, but a 3 litre size is just right for a newb because they aren't putting too much into it in case it comes out wrong. There are a few sites that sell them online for around $50-$75, you can get them personalized, and he could age his whiskey in the barrel anywhere from 3 months to a year to get a flavor he liked.

I had some whiskey "made" :-) and put it in a barrel and love it...homemade bourbon!
[Reply]
stearns 07:17 PM 12-01-2014
Love that idea Cole, definitely gonna look into it. Especially if I can get it personalized. Thanks :-)
[Reply]
T.G 07:28 PM 12-01-2014
How about a police scanner?
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 09:06 PM 12-01-2014
Originally Posted by T.G:
How about a police scanner?
Great gift idea Adam:-) Because you never know...:-)
[Reply]
8zeros 09:26 PM 12-01-2014
Oh, you gotta get him an orange '69 Dodge Charger. And a hot girl in cheeky cutoffs.
[Reply]
shilala 05:57 AM 12-02-2014
Originally Posted by 8zeros:
Oh, you gotta get him an orange '69 Dodge Charger. And a hot girl in cheeky cutoffs.
Winner.
And you can probably get her for a month on that budget. :-)
[Reply]
stearns 06:33 AM 12-02-2014
Originally Posted by shilala:
Winner.
And you can probably get her for a month on that budget. :-)
I'll put that on the 'gifts for myself' list :-)
[Reply]
8zeros 07:20 AM 12-02-2014
Here ya go...
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/dukes-of-hazzard-figures
[Reply]
chaase321 07:29 AM 12-02-2014
Here are two places that allow for engraving. *Note I haven't ordered from either of these, because I just wanted plain barrels before.

1000 Oaks Barrels
Barrels online

The one i ordered from...which is significantly cheaper right now...is
Oak Barrels Ltd
[Reply]
Up