Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 34 of 199
« First < 24323334 35364484134 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
ODLS1 08:40 PM 08-02-2010
Originally Posted by paris1129:
Out of curiosity, which bourbon do you prefer at that price point? I'm not trying to start something on here; I'm just curious as to another bourbon fan's opinion to see if there is something out there that I haven't tried yet.
Well it depends what you're looking for in a bourbon I guess. I feel like most other bourbons in the same price range as those are better though.
[Reply]
Bill86 03:14 AM 08-05-2010
Originally Posted by Patrick B:
Damn! Sounds like that will build some character...
You have no idea. I'm getting into cigars but I drink that stuff for breakfast. It IS THE breakfast of champions. **** wheaties.

Originally Posted by Heatmiser:
That is some good bourbon there my friend!
You got that right! I enjoyed the Four Roses 120 anniversary too. I still gotta pick up this years Woodford Master's Collection. I typically only drink overproof bourbons 50%+. Noah's mill is a good one as well for a bit cheaper-ISH. I've personally had somewhere around ~30-35 different kind of bourbons no samples just bottles I've bought.
[Reply]
TripleF 07:05 AM 09-05-2010
Just bought my first bottle of Knob Creek!! Here's to Labor Day!! :-)
[Reply]
SmokinApe 07:39 AM 09-05-2010
Originally Posted by Barcode:
Just picked up a 12 year old Van Winkles can't wait to try it this weekend while at the ocean.:-)

A "must have" for any serious bourbon drinker... I love this stuff...
[Reply]
Barcode 09:16 AM 09-05-2010
Went to 'The Whiskey Bar' in Seattle this weekend and tried Hudson Baby Bourbon, Got home and had to order 2 Bottles. :-)
[Reply]
Matt-N-Ga 02:19 PM 09-05-2010
I'm waiting to find me a bottle of this...
http://www.whatdoesjohnknow.com/2010...batch-bourbon/

Sounds really good. Till then, I'm enjoying the Four Roses 2009 Mariage, Buffalo Trace,and Makers Mark 46
[Reply]
Matt-N-Ga 09:11 PM 09-10-2010
These showed up today...Very excited...

[Reply]
awsmith4 09:20 PM 09-10-2010
Originally Posted by Matt-N-Ga:
These showed up today...Very excited...

Nice pickups, are these available here now that we get Buffalo Trace or do we still have to find them out out state?
[Reply]
Matt-N-Ga 09:28 PM 09-10-2010
I got all of them out of state. The Experimentals are a private experimental from Jay Erisman at The Pary Source. I also had him ship me the Four Roses cause I couldn't find it local either.

I'm on a waiting list for a store in Illinois for the 2010 Buffalo Trace Experiments. Fingers crossed....
[Reply]
awsmith4 09:36 PM 09-10-2010
Originally Posted by Matt-N-Ga:
I got all of them out of state. The Experimentals are a private experimental from Jay Erisman at The Pary Source. I also had him ship me the Four Roses cause I couldn't find it local either.

I'm on a waiting list for a store in Illinois for the 2010 Buffalo Trace Experiments. Fingers crossed....
Last year the Green's in Columbia, SC had them but no clue about the 2010...road trip? :-)
[Reply]
Powers 09:43 PM 09-10-2010
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
Last year the Green's in Columbia, SC had them but no clue about the 2010...road trip? :-)
pick me up on the way! :-)
[Reply]
Matt-N-Ga 09:57 PM 09-10-2010
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
hmmm, may have to call and ask and see if they will be getting any. the store I'm on the waiting list for was given to me by Kris Comstock, he's the head sales/warehousing/distribution guy, and even he said "good luck, this years is even smaller in quantity than any of the past years"
[Reply]
Bill86 10:16 PM 09-10-2010
Just picked up a bottle of makers 46 it's very not bad
[Reply]
boom 07:33 PM 09-18-2010
Just picked up Buffalo Trace....and a few extras....
[Reply]
LooseCard 09:00 AM 09-20-2010
Went softly this weekend, and put a hurtin' on my bottle of Gentleman Jack.

I have to admit, it's a nice taste and I'm not against a mixer when you go to JD's lines.
[Reply]
OLS 09:46 AM 10-01-2010
Not sure how many watchers of this thread went to the Shack Herf and got a taste of that
OLD whiskey that some nice man gave to DaveK. BUT, as it was the finest spirit I ever put
in me mouth, I was wondering, is there anything out there that comes anywhere CLOSE
to that stuff? I know it would have to have decades in a barrel to even come close,
since I think that was the allure of the mysterious bottles Dave had and SHARED (glug).
But I have been hell bent to find something like that in a store so I can have a shot now and
again. And to clarify, my shot took me 45 mins to drink at the shack. A little went a LONG way.
It literally exploded with flavor on the palate, like a liquid pop-rock under concentrate.
It was chewable. And I want to do it again.
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 10:19 AM 10-01-2010
Originally Posted by OLS:
Not sure how many watchers of this thread went to the Shack Herf and got a taste of that OLD whiskey that some nice man gave to DaveK. BUT, as it was the finest spirit I ever put in me mouth, I was wondering, is there anything out there that comes anywhere CLOSE
to that stuff? I know it would have to have decades in a barrel to even come close, since I think that was the allure of the mysterious bottles Dave had and SHARED (glug). But I have been hell bent to find something like that in a store so I can have a shot now and again. And to clarify, my shot took me 45 mins to drink at the shack. A little went a LONG way. It literally exploded with flavor on the palate, like a liquid pop-rock under concentrate. It was chewable. And I want to do it again.

That's it!!! Your Gone - you are now on a never ending quest for something that you most likely will never find. Enjoy the trip! :-)
[Reply]
OLS 11:13 AM 10-01-2010
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlake:
[/color]

That's it!!! Your Gone - you are now on a never ending quest for something that you most likely will never find. Enjoy the trip! :-)
Normally I would say that you are right, it's always that way, especially on this forum and
sub-sub forum. It's all slopes of one kind or another. But I am not sure I want to pay
150-350 a bottle for that taste. I am gonna try some of these supposed 16 year old
bourbons, since I read here and there that too much barrel age is not all that good for
bourbon. Lemme tell you, it sure did that label-less bottle good. :-) We will have to
see if I get all turned around or not. Certainly keep you posted, lol. As it's friday,
I am gonna make a stop by Buster's on the way home and pick either a Hirsch,
or a pappy or just a plain ol Woodford's and get home and relax. Already got the 4 Roses,
so you'd think I could just drink that. But NOOooo.
[Reply]
McSmokey 11:31 AM 10-01-2010
I'm currently looking for a new bourbon to try... something off the beaten path so to speak any suggestions, favorites you enjoy?
[Reply]
OLS 11:51 AM 10-01-2010
Well, Justin, I am an oddball, as you know. I stock WIld Turkey, but not many love that too much.
When it comes down to grabbing a bottle of show-stopping sippin whiskey, you would have a hard
time topping Woodford's Reserve. 4 Roses Single Barrel is fine. Eagle Rare is no slouch. I guess
none are off the beaten path, as you characterize it. But maybe that's right about what you wanted.
If not, reading most of this thread is a great activity.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 199
« First < 24323334 35364484134 > Last »
Up