Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Acid Kuba Maduro
kelmac07 06:15 PM 12-24-2010
At first I was really hesitant to torch this, as it has been well over 18 months since I last lit up an Acid. But being that it was a maduro that I have yet to try...I had to attempt to smoke it. Would my curiousity get the best of me???

Fast foward to this Thursdays Shed Herf and I decided this was going to be the last stick of the night. Tbone, Virginia_Ghost, and Bscottskangum were all present and took part in this Puff Puff Pass.

Prelight Draw: Nice and easy. WOW.....the sweet, sugary aftertaste hits you right off bat. Smelled just like a fresh urinal cake with a touch of teenage girls perfume (anyone remember Loves Baby Soft??).

First Third: Tasted just like it smelled...sweet and perfumy. Everyone took a puff, I made sure to take a couple extra to give this sticks its just due. Couldn't get past the urinal cake fragrance and needless to say, this stick was "put down".

My first puff...

Virginia_Ghost puff...

My last puff...

These are definitely cigars that take a required taste.

Our final verdict...
[Reply]
Bill86 06:35 PM 12-24-2010
What about the 2nd and final third? :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:36 PM 12-24-2010
Originally Posted by Bill86:
What about the 2nd and final third? :-)
Couldn't make it that far Bill. I tried. :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 06:38 PM 12-24-2010
That offensive eh? I think that was the part that sold me in never buying B&M sticks the Acids that were in the walk in. I picked one up ...smelled it :-)

For the record I've never had an acid or a gurkha or a cremosa or really any of the terribly offensive cigars that get mentioned around here.
[Reply]
Coach Deg 06:39 PM 12-24-2010
Thank you for the review!!! My other Acid maduro has now been gifted to my wife's ex-father-in-law!!!!
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:40 PM 12-24-2010
Originally Posted by Coach Deg:
Thank you for the review!!! My other Acid maduro has now been gifted to my wife's ex-father-in-law!!!!
Smartest thing you ever did brother!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 06:42 PM 12-24-2010
That offensive eh? I think that was the part that sold me in never buying B&M sticks the Acids that were in the walk in. I picked one up ...smelled it :-)

For the record I've never had an acid or a gurkha or a cremosa or really any of the terribly offensive cigars that get mentioned around here.
Where's the fun in that?

I still will smoke an Acid (if gifted to me) just to make sure I know my taste bud's haven't gone to hell. The one thing I do applaud Acid for is using quality tobacco. It's over shadowed by Grandma's perfume, but quality none the less.
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:45 PM 12-24-2010
At least I was able to nub the Lars Teten Gorilla Finger. :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Ogre 06:46 PM 12-24-2010
How can you do a proper review of a cigar if you dont finish it. Sorry, had to say it, I could not do it if I had too. LOL
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 06:48 PM 12-24-2010
Mac, I thought the world was coming to an end for YOU to attempt to smoke an Acid....hell naw....I am relieved and glad that I opened and read your review...I feel much better now.

Let the P4's sit for a while, then smoke them, never another Acid...you are too good for that:-)

Merry Christmas Brother
[Reply]
lyle23 07:13 PM 12-24-2010
Lol I certainly enjoyed your review here. Certainly had a laugh while reading it. Does anybody know someone that buys these on a regular basis? You see them EVERYWHERE soo someone has to be buying them.
[Reply]
bscottskangum 07:25 PM 12-24-2010
Originally Posted by Ogre3239:
How can you do a proper review of a cigar if you dont finish it
I think Tbone snuck out with what was left of it, ask him for the rest of the review
[Reply]
bscottskangum 07:26 PM 12-24-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Our final verdict...
I think Satan himself decided to show up in the background of these pics, I think I need to go exorcise my phone now
[Reply]
G G 07:40 PM 12-24-2010
Nice review.:-)
[Reply]
TonySmith 08:16 PM 12-24-2010
I'm with you Mac. I tried an acid years ago, very perfumy....took aleast a day to get the smell off my hand :-)
[Reply]
guitar4001 10:01 PM 12-24-2010
as far as acids go, they are a good "groundbreaking" cigar for newbies. The troops can benefit from them if you have any left.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:46 PM 12-24-2010
Too funny, Mac...Thanks! :-)
[Reply]
kaisersozei 10:29 AM 12-26-2010
The only Acid that I've enjoyed has been the Opulence 3 you sent me. I'll give you guys props for the attempt on this one. Makes me reconsider popping in on a shed herf, though :-)

That being said:

Oh really? :-)
[Reply]
alwayslit 10:42 AM 12-26-2010
I suggest some taste bud therapy after smoking that cigar.
[Reply]
klipsch 10:44 AM 12-26-2010
Best review EVA! Somebody that bought my ACID collection commented that "time" really helps them... :-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up