Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Sports>Greatest single sporting moment of your life.
icehog3 08:16 PM 06-19-2015
"Down goes Furball! Down goes Furball! "
[Reply]
Dave128 08:26 PM 06-19-2015
Originally Posted by Blueface:
There are a few for me.
Miracle on ice.
'86 Mets
Giants v Buffalo
And a few more but the number one, Giants screwing up the Patriots perfect season.
This :-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 09:27 PM 06-19-2015
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
Miracle on Ice, still.
In my 62 yrs on this planet, there have been many really great moments in the world of sports. That makes it a tough decision. However...

I'll have to agree with James, when the USA kicked the big bad boy on the blocks rear end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYscemhnf88

It's Patriotic and still brings tears to my eyes watching this young USA team kick butt...:-):-)
[Reply]
The Poet 09:38 PM 06-19-2015
Speaking of patriotic victories, how about somebody choosing the 1976 Olympics decathlon win?
[Reply]
dvickery 01:26 AM 06-20-2015
i coached one of my boys soccer teams(alternated which one from year to year ) for about nine years ... at the end of one of those years ... all the soccer moms of the team got together and hand made a thank you card for me ... still have it .

derrek
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 01:55 AM 06-20-2015
Alaska's Sporting Clay Championships I've only seen pictures but they way it was described to me by YSR Racer, it was something of a lifetime.
[Reply]
drjammer 07:22 AM 06-20-2015
2001 NHL All Star weekend and game in Denver. What a weekend, got to meet a lot of current and former players including one of my all time favorites Bryan Trottier who was such a nice guy, very personable and only being about 10 feet away from Wayne Gretzky but there was so many people mobbing him it was kind of scary. Jari Kurri, Phil Esposito and last but not least Lanny McDonald who might have had the best mustache I have ever seen in person :-)
Great memories for sure :-)
[Reply]
shilala 07:57 AM 06-20-2015
Originally Posted by drjammer:
2001 NHL All Star weekend and game in Denver. What a weekend, got to meet a lot of current and former players including one of my all time favorites Bryan Trottier who was such a nice guy, very personable and only being about 10 feet away from Wayne Gretzky but there was so many people mobbing him it was kind of scary. Jari Kurri, Phil Esposito and last but not least Lanny McDonald who might have had the best mustache I have ever seen in person :-)
Trots was the guy who brought the Cup to Burgh in 90 and 91. He turned that bunch of kids into a team.
When I think of him, it's like he's been in Pittsburgh forever, and he only played 3 or 4 years.
You picked a real good favorite. A class act. :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:46 AM 06-20-2015
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
Alaska's Sporting Clay Championships I've only seen pictures but they way it was described to me by YSR Racer, it was something of a lifetime.
I would kill for some venison sausage all of a sudden, but sadly I'm one of the poor people.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 10:41 AM 06-20-2015
Originally Posted by drjammer:
How awesome was his mustache? His mustache had a mustache of its own and his mustache's mustache was cooler than most man can dream of. :-)

[Reply]
markem 01:17 PM 06-20-2015
As a participant, I'd say it was a tie between the first time that I red-pointed Ring of Fire (http://www.mountainproject.com/v/ring-of-fire/105789153) and the time that my soccer team, with me playing sweeper-stopper, beat the Seattle Sounders 1-0 (I think it was 1987 and the Sounders were not the team that they are today, by a long shot).
[Reply]
YankeeMan 04:58 PM 06-20-2015
Mine came when I was umpiring a womens softball game. I got to see an unassisted triple play!

You ask me how? Well, there were runners on first and second and the shortstop was playing way too close to second base, maybe anticipating a double play. The batter hit a screaming line drive and the runners took off. The shortstop went about 4 feet in the air, snagged the fly ball and landed on second base, making the second out.

The runner from first was running with her head down and did not see the catch and was pulling into second base as the shortstop reached out and tagged her. Triple play!
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 05:31 PM 06-20-2015
Originally Posted by YankeeMan:
Mine came when I was umpiring a womens softball game. I got to see an unassisted triple play!

You ask me how? Well, there were runners on first and second and the shortstop was playing way too close to second base, maybe anticipating a double play. The batter hit a screaming line drive and the runners took off. The shortstop went about 4 feet in the air, snagged the fly ball and landed on second base, making the second out.

The runner from first was running with her head down and did not see the catch and was pulling into second base as the shortstop reached out and tagged her. Triple play!
That's awesome dude.

I was at this game when John Valentin did it for the RS.

https://youtu.be/YXJuw4Rd0ck
[Reply]
drjammer 07:17 AM 06-21-2015
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
How awesome was his mustache? His mustache had a mustache of its own and his mustache's mustache was cooler than most man can dream of. :-)

Looked the same in 2001 :-)
[Reply]
Remo 07:19 AM 06-21-2015
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
Stole it from me! :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up