Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Nubbing a cigar?
Blak Smyth 08:14 AM 04-24-2012
Smoke it till it burns your fingers if it tastes good. Don't smoke it if you aren't enjoying it.
[Reply]
joeobx 08:15 AM 04-24-2012
If the cigar is "on" I'll burn it till my fingers hurt. When it stops being enjoyable I toss it doesn't matter how much is left.
[Reply]
icantbejon 08:37 AM 04-24-2012
I find I have a hard time pitching cigars, even if I'm not loving them. I have this little voice in my head yelling at me that I could have bought something else with this money, so I'd better finish the damn thing. It's like when I was a kid and mom made me clean my plate. It wasn't an option...she made dinner and I was eating. Period. Of course, now we know that leads to childhood obesity....so I guess mom was wrong.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 08:40 AM 04-24-2012
I generally smoke most cigars at least down to the band, mostly because I want to get my money's worth but also because I always have faith that a cigar can turn around and give me something good. But then, I don't smoke crappy cigars so the risk is low.

If it's really good, I'll nub it.
[Reply]
Zanaspus 09:35 AM 04-24-2012
I'm with most. If it sucks I'll pitch it. However, to me, when a Nicaraguan is "on" the best puffs are when it's making my corn holder melt. :-)
[Reply]
Yojimbo 12:37 PM 04-24-2012
I had a friend years ago that proclaimed that "nubbing" was something that a true gentleman NEVER did, no matter how good the cigar.

When I told him I wouldn't waste the cigar, he took to calling me a brutish nubber.
[Reply]
CRIMPS 01:07 PM 04-24-2012
I don't usually stick with a poor tasting cigar for long. Also, I usually don't nub a cigar. Once I hit the heat, I am usually done. That is my personal preference.
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 01:34 PM 04-24-2012
I learned rather quickly to only "nub" a cigar if it is deserving. I think I was with Scott (Shilala) at a Pittsburgh herf when I heard him say "Life is too short to smoke bad cigars," as he tossed aside a CC that was plugged. I almost grabbed it and started to puff on it myself...but anyway the point was made and it stuck with me!
[Reply]
icehog3 02:06 PM 04-24-2012
Originally Posted by Yojimbo:
I had a friend years ago that proclaimed that "nubbing" was something that a true gentleman NEVER did, no matter how good the cigar.

When I told him I wouldn't waste the cigar, he took to calling me a brutish nubber.
Could be worse, he could have called you "Chief". :-)
[Reply]
markem 01:52 PM 04-25-2012
Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. Other times, it is an 02 SIG V from massphatness

[Reply]
macsauce13 01:59 PM 04-25-2012
I rarely ever nub a cigar. I think I smoke a bit too quickly and they almost always get way too hot around the band.
[Reply]
thecatch83 04:49 PM 04-25-2012
Originally Posted by markem:
Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. Other times, it is an 02 SIG V from massphatness
That is old...look at that band :-)
[Reply]
Pseudosacred 06:15 PM 04-25-2012
Originally Posted by macsauce13:
I rarely ever nub a cigar. I think I smoke a bit too quickly and they almost always get way too hot around the band.
This happens to me pretty often. It smoked fine till there's about 2-2.5 inches left then, sometimes, it will taste bad...no matter how long I wait between puffs...
[Reply]
Big Maduro 09:04 PM 04-25-2012
I will if it's still tasting good and not hot.
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 08:55 PM 04-26-2012
Originally Posted by ApexAZ:
I'm sort of in between. I may smoke it farther than I really should if it was expensive, but not really enjoyable, but won't necessarily nub it either.
I'll have to agree with this.
[Reply]
oooo35980 10:47 PM 04-26-2012
I only nub a cigar if it is so good I can't put it down, now that I know what I like, and have a stash of good cigars, it happens fairly often. Mediocre ones I usually smoke to the band and if it isn't good by then it goes in the trash. Of course there have been a few I couldn't even get an inch into. Cigars should be relaxing, not a test of your gag reflex, if it is unenjoyable toss it.
[Reply]
OLS 06:57 AM 04-27-2012
I smoke a cigar halfway and then think about the second half. If I taste tar of any kind, I toss it. I rarely smoke a cigar
to where there is 1/4 of it's length left. The butt ain't nuthin but a filter.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up