Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 23
< 123 4513 > Last »
Sports>J! E! T! S! Jets! Jets! Jets!
DBall 08:44 AM 08-02-2010
Originally Posted by timj219:
It could be worse - this could be a yankees/mets thing. Now that can get ugly real fast. I live upstate so I have to deal with Bills fans too. :-)
Originally Posted by ujponds:
Ah, a team we can both agree sucks!:-)
Guys... I'm a lifelong Jets fan and I live in Rochester... it's, like, Bills country up here.

For the record, I loathe the Bills.

Originally Posted by Resipsa:
Wow. that jets fan from last year, what's his face from last season is back, but with a new username, :-):-)
CoastieTech... When I saw the thread, I thought he started it... when I realized he didn't, I figured I'd see some posts of his in here... :-)

And I thought I was the only one on the board.
You are not alone. Where in NY are ya?
[Reply]
ujponds 10:10 AM 08-02-2010
Nice to see a friendly post!:-)

I'm downstate near the NY, NJ, PA border off of 84.
[Reply]
DBall 10:18 AM 08-02-2010
Nice to see a friendly post!:-)

I'm downstate near the NY, NJ, PA border off of 84.
Well... lemme know if you're ever up this way and I'll do the same next time I make it down there. :-)
[Reply]
TheRiddick 10:50 AM 08-02-2010
The Jets HAVE made several offers including long and short term. Revis has turned everything down because there wasn't enough up front. I would expect him to show up by the 10th as he will be fined 16,000 a day after that. there is really not to much the Jets can do concerning a long term deal until at least next off season. hopefully they can agree on something short term involving a big signing bonas if not, I hate to say it but the Jets could get a hell of lot in a trade. Rex Ryan has had some pretty good Defenses before he had Revis. As for me, I'm a fan of the team before ANY player.
Interesting. Wide reports over past few days that although Jets seemed like they made offers, not even one official offer was ever made. I have not seen any numbers thrown out there by the team so far, have you? What are they?

Revis is on the record, though, that he wants to be the highest paid CB in the league and we all know it means $15+M per year (Raiders' monopoly money).

Team comes first, I am with you, especially now that Jets are rich at CB position Revis or not and last week a DB elsewhere signed in the region of $10-12M per year. But I would still like to see the management throw out some numbers out there to start negotiations and to justify their position, they are losing momentum at this point and we're headed towards a trade.
[Reply]
timj219 11:26 AM 08-02-2010
The Jets/Revis thing will probably work out. Some vets just don't like training camp much and will drag a renegotiation out in order to miss some of the two a days. Not saying Revis doesn't want more money but it's possible he's playing this for as long as he can and is enjoying doing all his workouts in the air conditioning in the meantime.
As for making numbers public I don't expect to see it. At least not officially. Maybe a leak will happen but you can never judge whether the leak was deliberate by the team or just a fantasy on the writer's part.
[Reply]
ujponds 11:51 AM 08-02-2010
Originally Posted by DBall:
Well... lemme know if you're ever up this way and I'll do the same next time I make it down there. :-)
Cool man, definitely will.
[Reply]
TheRiddick 01:10 PM 08-02-2010
As for making numbers public I don't expect to see it. At least not officially. Maybe a leak will happen but you can never judge whether the leak was deliberate by the team or just a fantasy on the writer's part.
I only mentioned that because of reports in media over the weekend that Jets have NOT made ANY official offer so far, Tannenbaum himself admitted that. And to support that, I cannot recall ANY mention of numbers so far as well, be it the Jets numbers or Revis' agent's numbers, even via rumors. I hope Jets can extend his contract and keep the guy, but if their hand is forced and he has to be traded I won't mind, I am sure they can get a pretty good replacement in return on top of 2 great CBs that were brought in during the summer (draft and trade). Who's to say that newly drafted CB won't turn out to be another Revis in the making? By all the reports I've read so far I won't be surprised one bit... But it would be great to see Revis teach the guy a few tricks, that's for sure.

I am more concerned with Sanchez, to be honest, IMO he is the weak link this year.
[Reply]
TheRiddick 08:12 PM 08-02-2010
OK, Jets finally made 2 different offers over the weekend according to the latest news today. Both were rejected by Revis.

Trade time. He's not worth $16M a year.
[Reply]
ujponds 06:53 PM 08-14-2010

My son has had enough of the Revis drama.
[Reply]
Resipsa 07:54 PM 08-14-2010
Originally Posted by TheRiddick:
OK, Jets finally made 2 different offers over the weekend according to the latest news today. Both were rejected by Revis.

Trade time. He's not worth $16M a year.
Dude prob wants to play for a winning team :-)
[Reply]
ujponds 08:29 PM 08-14-2010
OK? That makes absolutely no sense:-)
[Reply]
Virginia_Ghost 06:27 AM 08-16-2010
Lovliest thing about the two New Jersey football teams....they won't admit to playing in Jersey. :-) :-)
[Reply]
ujponds 09:01 AM 08-16-2010
Originally Posted by Virginia_Ghost:
Lovliest thing about the two New Jersey football teams....they won't admit to playing in Jersey. :-) :-)
Haha, true. New Jersey Jets or New Jersey Giants just doesn't seem right.
[Reply]
DBall 09:11 AM 08-16-2010
Haha, true. New Jersey Jets or New Jersey Giants just doesn't seem right.
Speaking of... I need to find a way to stream the Jets/Giants game tonight as I'll be at work...

Go Jets!
[Reply]
OLS 09:21 AM 08-16-2010
I don't think there's a team in the NFL that gets more grief and controversy
than the JETS.
This should continue to be interesting. Go Saints GO.
[Reply]
The Poet 01:20 PM 08-16-2010
Originally Posted by DBall:
Speaking of... I need to find a way to stream the Jets/Giants game tonight as I'll be at work...

Go Jets!
Try seeing if Channel 9 outta NYC will let you stream it. They are broadcasting the opening of the new GIANTS Stadium.

I'm willing to bet a five-pack that New York wins tonight. :-)
[Reply]
ujponds 01:53 PM 08-16-2010
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Try seeing if Channel 9 outta NYC will let you stream it. They are broadcasting the opening of the new GIANTS Stadium.

I'm willing to bet a five-pack that New York wins tonight. :-)
All of the early lines have New York as the heavy favorite.

You have to admit, it's nice of The Jets to HOST The Giants for the first time in The Jets' new stadium.:-)
[Reply]
TheRiddick 01:58 PM 08-16-2010
You mean like Nnamdi getting stupid money to play on his winning team?

When Revis signed a contract 3 years ago that made him take in almost $20M over the first 2 years and then only $1M on Year 3, did Jets hold a gun to his head to do that? His stupid agents AND Revis himself were fine with the deal that would then pay him $20M more in years 4 and 5, why is all of this an issue at this point?

At this point, Revis doesn't care what team he plays on as long as he gets his money, same way his uncle destroyed his own career with Skins years ago.
[Reply]
timj219 02:54 PM 08-16-2010
Should be an interesting game tonight. Giants may line up a defensive player or a backup OT at TE a lot tonight - they may only have one healthy TE and they do a lot of two TE sets. They shuffled a backup DE, LB and S in to the spot during practices the last few days.
[Reply]
TheRiddick 04:34 PM 08-16-2010
Should be an interesting game tonight. Giants may line up a defensive player or a backup OT at TE a lot tonight - they may only have one healthy TE and they do a lot of two TE sets. They shuffled a backup DE, LB and S in to the spot during practices the last few days.
Giants sure speak a lot to news media, though... Hopefully they can back it up tonight (pre-season or not).

I just want to see who plays Revis' spot, Wilson and/or Cromartie, and how well they fill in.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 23
< 123 4513 > Last »
Up