Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 104 of 350
« First < 45494102103104 105106114154204 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
icehog3 04:37 PM 06-10-2009
Did heavy military presses despite possible whiplash I got in last night's hockey game. Feel fine, but I made sure I kept super strict form.
zemekone 08:59 PM 06-10-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Did heavy military presses despite possible whiplash I got in last night's hockey game. Feel fine, but I made sure I kept super strict form.
i did heavy a$$ dumbell press, havent done them in a while, had a monster day! did 70lbs dumbells for 20! :-)
pnoon 09:01 PM 06-10-2009
Nice review.
icehog3 11:59 PM 06-10-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Nice review.
Go heavy or go home, Peter! :-)
DPD6030 12:09 AM 06-11-2009
I need to start working out. I hate doing it by myself though. I should since I'm a little guy and don't want to get my arse kicked while at work. I guess that's why I carry 50,00 volts. :-)
icehog3 12:16 AM 06-11-2009
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
I need to start working out. I hate doing it by myself though. I should since I'm a little guy and don't want to get my arse kicked while at work. I guess that's why I carry 50,00 volts. :-)
Don't tase me, Bro! :-)
PeteSB75 07:53 AM 06-11-2009
Tough workout this morning. Was tired going in and tired coming out. Power Cleans kill me some days and I love em others. Today was a killing day...

Squat
305x5
315x5 2 sets - tie PR

Power Clean
145x5 tie PR
145x3 - almost dropped 4th rep.
140x5

Bench
185x5 3 sets - tie PR

Got a 5k tonight, hope my knees hold up :-)
icehog3 08:55 AM 06-11-2009
Good luck in the race, Pete! :-)

Off for another "scheduled off day" workout....I am gonna really have to take a day off sometime. :-)
King James 09:04 AM 06-11-2009
Back/Bis for me today. Tuesday went alright, although on a few tricep lifts had pain in the elbow. Had to stop on skull crushers due to pain, but getting alot better.
icehog3 09:07 AM 06-11-2009
Originally Posted by King James:
Back/Bis for me today. Tuesday went alright, although on a few tricep lifts had pain in the elbow. Had to stop on skull crushers due to pain, but getting alot better.
Tweaked my elbow yesterday throwing up the dumbbells for militarys....sucks, Jimmy! :-)
GreekGodX 09:25 AM 06-11-2009
Thought I would share I just started on Dogcrapp routine. I've been lifting seriously for the past 6 years. While before it was for sports, now I just want to get as big as possible. I've been doing high volume workouts for most of that time so I figured Dogcrapp would be the best suited for me. Anyone have experience using their methodologies? The founder of the method claims gains of up to 50 lbs of muscle in a year. Here's a site that has all the info on it. http://www.intensemuscle.com
DavenportESQ 09:47 AM 06-11-2009
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Thought I would share I just started on Dogcrapp routine. I've been lifting seriously for the past 6 years. While before it was for sports, now I just want to get as big as possible. I've been doing high volume workouts for most of that time so I figured Dogcrapp would be the best suited for me. Anyone have experience using their methodologies? The founder of the method claims gains of up to 50 lbs of muscle in a year. Here's a site that has all the info on it. http://www.intensemuscle.com
50 pounds of muscle a year? Is that the same program Barry Bonds was on?

I don't know much about them....but I will take a look..

I took a look and this isn't a new revolutionary idea. A lot of this has been around for years. I know you said your background is High Volume workouts so this would be a good fit. My only idea would be if your have been doing high volume for 6 years why not switch your routine to something different, more challenging and new? You would probably see bigger gains, and new changes because your forcing your body to change and adapt instead of just going through the grind?

Thats just me though
King James 01:55 PM 06-11-2009
I'm with Dave on changing up the routine. Always good to shock the system. I'm switching to a new one next week actually as I've been on this one for awhile now.
BigFrank 02:07 PM 06-11-2009
Gonna go with most here and tell you that 50lbs is total bullshit. Maybe 5 lbs. If your eating your balls off. Specially being natural.
I trained a similar style awhile ago. Only thing I would say is take special care of yourself. Make sure you are getting enough calories and using proper restoration techniques. I responded well to this type of program but after a few weeks my joints etc started getting banged up. Pushing it as hard as you can every week can be rough on your body. I'm not sure if they advocate any type of downtime or deloading but I would recommend. Even despite you experience training. Sometimes for guys that have been in the game a long time doing less and resting more does more than being in the gym everyday and wearing your back side out.

Just my :-)
icehog3 02:11 PM 06-11-2009
Agreed Frank, no way a person is going to put on 50 pounds of muscle in one year. 50 pounds of bodyweight, maybe, but if you could put on 10 pounds of pure muscle in one year I would call that highly successful, even unusual.
GreekGodX 02:48 PM 06-11-2009
I don't believe that it can be done without anabolic drugs. Going from 207 to 257 in a year would be a huge adjustment and that to me would be too much. If I could get to 220 that would be great. For as long as my legs don't get any bigger that would be a bonus.

There is a period that you are doing all out lifts and then a period when you back off. Basically once you aren't making any more gains you back off.

I'm finishing the first week of the workouts and it definitely has tired me out. I've needed more sleep and needed to eat more. I'm gonna take some anthropometric measurements so I can track my progress.
PeteSB75 03:06 PM 06-11-2009
Agreed Frank, no way a person is going to put on 50 pounds of muscle in one year. 50 pounds of bodyweight, maybe, but if you could put on 10 pounds of pure muscle in one year I would call that highly successful, even unusual.
I put on about 10lbs of muscle in the first six months I was lifting, ever. That is the only time I would ever expect to see that amount of gains.
icehog3 05:05 PM 06-11-2009
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
I put on about 10lbs of muscle in the first six months I was lifting, ever. That is the only time I would ever expect to see that amount of gains.
Agreed, Pete.
Starscream 05:07 PM 06-11-2009
Agreed, Pete.
So can I (being new to the gym) expect to lose fat, but not much weight if I am dieting right now?
GreekGodX 10:07 PM 06-11-2009
Well I'm 22 years old so I don't think gaining 13 pounds of muscle to 220lbs would be out of reach, in one year time. All this talk is just motivation :-)
Page 104 of 350
« First < 45494102103104 105106114154204 > Last »
Up