Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Sports>Of Miracles and Men
AdamJoshua 01:18 PM 02-21-2015
Great 30 for 30 on ABC, Of Miracles and Men, all about the start and history of Soviet hockey. Tarasov was really an amazing guy, seems like he was a great guy to play for, even today the "kids" that played for him in the beginning love him and the memory of him and he really did reinvent hockey, in Canadian hockey 4 men relied on 1 man in Tarasov's hockey 1 man relied on 4 men. It was about where the puck would be not where it was, really revolutionized the entire game, Stalin must have been proud :-)

If you are any kind of hockey fan at all I would say this is a must watch.

BTW in 72 the series of Canada vs The Soviets ... Canada were a bunch of goons, swings with sticks, pulling players down, slashing and the Russians just played their game, never lost their heads.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 01:36 PM 02-21-2015
In 79/80 Challenge Series the North American / NHL team had 20 future hall of fame players, the most stacked professional sports team in the history of sports, literally, they ended up losing 6-0 to the Soviets.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:29 PM 02-21-2015
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
BTW in 72 the series of Canada vs The Soviets ... Canada were a bunch of goons, swings with sticks, pulling players down, slashing and the Russians just played their game, never lost their heads.
BTW.....Canada won. :-) :-)

Have the show set to TiVo manana. :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 03:00 PM 02-21-2015
So well worth watching, as Fetisov said the real miracle was having Russian hockey player's names engraved on the Cup and being able to bring it to Red Square, something the NHL wasn't too thrilled with. :-)

Originally Posted by icehog3:
BTW.....Canada won. :-) :-)
After a cheap slash that broke the star Russian players ankle, they didn't win another game after that. Goons I say!
[Reply]
icehog3 03:21 PM 02-21-2015

After a cheap slash that broke the star Russian players ankle, they didn't win another game after that. Goons I say!
That's hockey, Brohamski. :-)
[Reply]
E.J. 03:57 PM 02-21-2015
It was a great show, watched it a bit back. Saw it was on ABC today.
[Reply]
BigAsh 11:14 AM 02-23-2015
So well worth watching, as Fetisov said the real miracle was having Russian hockey player's names engraved on the Cup and being able to bring it to Red Square, something the NHL wasn't too thrilled with. :-)

Gotta love Bobby Clarke!...."Broad Street Bully" I say!!
[Reply]
Up