Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Mama's Ipad
G G 12:32 PM 10-16-2011
What yall have done is beyond word to describe. Every member here is awesome for always being there for us. A few people donated money to help buy my mom an ipad and most of yall know that she has stage 4 cancer. She isn't a weak woman however, and if anyone can get throught this it will be her. I am awed by the generosity shown to her on this board. I had written down each and every person who either sold cigars for this, donated to this, or bought cigars for this, to show her, she cried when I explained how this came about. I have met several of you who took part, but there are several that I have never met. She at one point asked me "You have never even met some of these?" I told her no, but that's the kinda people who we have here. She is blessed by yall and said so, and she wanted me to get everyones email addres so she could send a word of thanks herself. I asked her if she was comfortable doing it, that we could make a video and post a link to it in this thread so she could personally say what she would like to all of you who made this possible. She said as soon as she gets home on Monday or Tuesday then she would like to do that, so that all of you will be able to know from her how much she appreciates this. She has been in the hospital/rehab for three weeks, and hasn't had any access to her FB or email, but praise the Lord, I was able to present the Ipad to her yesterday and show her how to use it, she is now able to message and fb and email family and friends that are far away and can't get here to see her. I want to say thanks again for blessing me to be able to give this to her. My friends as all of you know cancer is such an ugly disease, I am hopeful that my mama has a long time still to be with us, but i also know that if it doesn't respond well to treatments, then this ipad is going to allow her to stay connected with everyone longer than it might be possible otherwise and for that I am eternally grateful to you. I almost forgot to let you know that there is now about 4,000 songs on the ipad too, with the vast majority of them being gospel, and this will also allow her to enjoy her music and be comforted, and encouraged.

A couple of pictures I took as she was watching a gospel video on youtube:

[Reply]
emopunker2004 12:37 PM 10-16-2011
:-) to all who helped!
[Reply]
EricF 12:44 PM 10-16-2011
That's what this place is all about! :-)

Glad I could be a part of it!
[Reply]
irratebass 01:20 PM 10-16-2011
Thats super awesome Greag and all who helped with this. Sadly I couldnt contribute just yet, but you are on my list and my word is bond.
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 01:22 PM 10-16-2011
:-) for everyone that helped out with this :-)
[Reply]
sevans105 01:23 PM 10-16-2011
Awesome post. Thanks for the follow up. Glad to help. Cancer is evil and must be destroyed. Until that point though, gotta take care of the people.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:57 PM 10-16-2011
CA is a wonderful place.
[Reply]
CigarNut 02:28 PM 10-16-2011
Very cool Greg!
[Reply]
Mattso3000 03:27 PM 10-16-2011
Thought this would be the best place to post this...Frank's contribution to the cause:
Thank you Frank!
Glad we could help Greg.
[Reply]
G G 03:40 PM 10-16-2011
Awesome Frank, and awesome Matt.:-)
[Reply]
Kneo 03:42 PM 10-16-2011
Great job all.
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 04:25 PM 10-16-2011
Dang, who started cutting onion in the living room?

Such a great group of folks here. Seems like I'm amazed at something that goes on here daily.

Saying prayers for your Mama, family and you.
[Reply]
Ogre 05:24 PM 10-16-2011
Thanks to everyone involved. Seeing that pic made it all worthwhile!!!!
[Reply]
BnBTobacco 05:34 PM 10-16-2011
Sending my prayers to everyone of you in the family.
[Reply]
DPD6030 06:16 PM 10-16-2011
We love ya Greg. :-) Prayers continued to be sent
[Reply]
Drez 06:47 PM 10-16-2011
I'm proud and honored that I was able to take part in this. My continued thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and mama Gainey. God bless you all my brother and know that we are here for you with whatever you need.
[Reply]
Apoco 06:51 PM 10-16-2011
Such a fantastic community!

I hope the iPad helps her get through all this, brother.
[Reply]
Remo 06:54 PM 10-16-2011
That is awesome, way to go guys :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 08:19 PM 10-16-2011
Awesome job to everyone involved!! That's what the brotherhood is all about!
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 01:47 PM 10-21-2011
That's fantastic.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up