Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Are you addicted to cigars?
forgop 06:17 PM 04-10-2010
Just curious because my body doesn't crave cigars the way a cigarette smoker craves a cigarette. Is a cigar much more addictive if you enhale?
[Reply]
Ratters 06:22 PM 04-10-2010
I'm addicted in the sense that if I had to take a two week break on smoking it would be hard and really suck. But I'll go two or three days without one and there's no physical effect. I usually smoke 2-3 a day, and 4-8 at events or herfs. And I don't think you need to inhale, you get plenty of nicotine from just puffing. But I think cigar addiction is more of a mental thing than a physical one.
[Reply]
Ogre 06:43 PM 04-10-2010
Originally Posted by Ratters:
I'm addicted in the sense that if I had to take a two week break on smoking it would be hard and really suck. But I'll go two or three days without one and there's no physical effect. I usually smoke 2-3 a day, and 4-8 at events or herfs. And I don't think you need to inhale, you get plenty of nicotine from just puffing. But I think cigar addiction is more of a mental thing than a physical one.
I would have to totally agree.
[Reply]
tomc3084 06:46 PM 04-10-2010
Originally Posted by Ogre3239:
I would have to totally agree.
Also totally agree........
[Reply]
G G 06:47 PM 04-10-2010
too
[Reply]
Starscream 06:51 PM 04-10-2010
I've yet to get addicted to cigars. Cigarettes on the other hand...
[Reply]
Stevez 06:51 PM 04-10-2010
As a 20 year cigarette smoker, then a cigar smoker, they are quite different. I would really miss not having a cigar for sure and enjoy 3 - 4 per day now. I don't crave cigars the way I did cigs. I had to have a cig first thing in the morning. I think the cigar desire is much more mental, although I agree there are physical addiction attributes.
[Reply]
bigpedunn 07:40 PM 04-10-2010
Just went 2 weeks without one cause the weather was so bad in nebraska no problems.
[Reply]
maninblack 07:58 PM 04-10-2010
I wouldn't say I'm addicted but I crave one after a few days, but if the weather is bad or I'm busy, I have no problem going for a week or two without one. But this time of year, when the temps are hitting the 70's and the sun is out, I gotta go sit in the hammock and enjoy a nice big churchill.
[Reply]
1badhog07 08:43 PM 04-10-2010
The one thing for sure is im addicted to buying them..
[Reply]
pitbulljimmy 08:44 PM 04-10-2010
I like 'em a lot, but I'm not addicted to 'em. I was addicted to cigarettes for 13 or 14 years. The cigars are entirely different. I only smoke about 1 a day unless it's a herf, then I may have 2 or 3.
[Reply]
sikk50 08:54 PM 04-10-2010
Your question needs clearification IMO.

Physicaly: No, I can stop with out any nicotine withdrawl symptoms.
Mentaly: Sure. In that if I'm having a horrible day, depressed, or anxious the only thing on my mind is wanting to lose my thoughts in a cloud of smoke.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:07 PM 04-10-2010
I am not addicted to them.
[Reply]
stogiereport 09:17 PM 04-10-2010
Addicted physically = NO

Addicted Mentally = YES

When I can't smoke cigars I find my self reading reviews and shopping for cigars.

Probably why I created my website:

STOGIE REPORT

If your like me you'll love it.
[Reply]
Blueface 09:38 PM 04-10-2010
I refuse to reply to this question as I plea the fifth at the advice of my counsel, who also smokes lots of cigars.:-)
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 09:50 PM 04-10-2010
No. I smoked cigs for over thirty years and I think I have a pretty fair understanding as to what addiction is all about.

My cigars aren't even in the running. I haven't even had a cigar today, though I usually do smoke one or two a day. Just haven't had the time or opportunity today - no biggie. With cigarettes, I couldn't wake up and go a few hours without needing one. If I ran out, all I could think about was a trip to the liquor store to get another pack. Quitting cigs was tough.

Cigars I enjoy, but on my terms. Cigarettes were a desperate craving.
[Reply]
Stinky 10:02 PM 04-10-2010
Originally Posted by Ratters:
I Also Agree.

As you know, cigar tobacco is the only tobacco that is fermented. Numerous books and articles on the subject of curing and fermenting cigar tobacco explain what happens to the leaf. The fermentation process is sometimes referred to as "sweating" the leaf. Among other things, ammonia is sweated out of the leaf as well as reducing nicotine content. Many people don't realize that cigar tobacco is actually quite low in nicotine.
[Reply]
Ratters 11:13 PM 04-10-2010
Ugh, tell that to the Cain F I had last night. :-)
[Reply]
TheRiddick 11:33 PM 04-10-2010
Steve, I had one last Sat and found it to be on medium side?
[Reply]
dabigdog 11:37 PM 04-10-2010
I've gone over a month without a cigar with no real issue. That said, I did miss hanging out with my BOTL's. I guess you could say my withdrawal was more about \the social aspect of cigars than anything physical :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up