Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Question about Anejos
Aron 11:50 AM 04-16-2010
One of my local B&Ms just started carrying Fuente Anejos at pretty nice prices. So I was wondering if anybody had a recommendation for which one(s?) I should go for. While I would imagine they're all delicious, there must be one that tastes better than any of the others!

In addition, they also carry Fuente Don Carlos, so I figured I would have to pick up one of those suckers just to try it. Yes? No? Maybe? Get the hell off this board?

Send me tips, people! :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 11:53 AM 04-16-2010
Originally Posted by Aron:
One of my local B&Ms just started carrying Fuente Anejos at pretty nice prices. So I was wondering if anybody had a recommendation for which one(s?) I should go for. While I would imagine they're all delicious, there must be one that tastes better than any of the others!

In addition, they also carry Fuente Don Carlos, so I figured I would have to pick up one of those suckers just to try it. Yes? No? Maybe? Get the hell off this board?

I disagree with your statement. Personally, I don't think the flavors are that different. But, assuming they are, taste is purely subjective.
My suggestion is to just pick one and go for it. Don't overanalyze it.
:-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 11:55 AM 04-16-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
I disagree with your statement. Personally, I don't think the flavors are that different. But, assuming they are, taste is purely subjective.
My suggestion is to just pick one and go for it. Don't overanalyze it.

I'd start with the #50, just because I like Robustos. And go ahead and try the Don Carlos too!
[Reply]
issues 11:56 AM 04-16-2010
I personally like the 55 but really any vitola is good.
[Reply]
neoflex 11:57 AM 04-16-2010
Providing they have all the sizes I would go 77(Shark), 55(torp) and than the 50(Think this is the right # for the Robusto) in that order although I would smoke one and than rest a few of each as age really does improve these just like the Opus.
[Reply]
Gonesledn 12:53 PM 04-16-2010
my favorite is the 46. much more sweeet flavor of the wrapper comes through. the shark is very good as well.
[Reply]
shilala 01:01 PM 04-16-2010
I know everyone really likes the #77. They're good. Especially good with some time on them. Personally, I like the #46 best. There's a lot more wrapper to enjoy, and it's what I like. After that, the #49 and #50 are next.
I smoke a ton of Anejos because I love them. I only have 3 or 4 boxes right now, they're getting thin. I keep so many because I like to get a little time on them. When they get a little older, the sharpness comes off them and the flavors just meld together into a super full richness. When they're young, they show a lot of flavors, but they're more "in your face" and a lot more singular.
I'm with Peter in that you're not going to find a huge amount of difference, especially if you're not over-analytical. Go with your favorite size and work from there. :-)
And, enjoy yourself!!! :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 01:10 PM 04-16-2010
I like the #46 the best because you get more of the wrapper flavor. The Sharks are my least favorite.
[Reply]
Mugen910 01:11 PM 04-16-2010

Get the hell off this board....

:-):-):-)

Don't let price fool you...price should not always warrant cigar preference.
[Reply]
tomc3084 01:12 PM 04-16-2010
[Reply]
Aron 01:23 PM 04-16-2010
So, while it looks like the general consensus is the 77 (big surprise there...), sadly, ABC does not carry El Shark-o! So I guess I'll be trying the 46 first. And I'll probably buy about two of each size they carry, just to age 'em.

For the record, the Anejos are about ten bucks a pop, and the Don Carlos is sixteen bucks.

And while I completely agree with Bao, in not letting price be my only factor, when I see a cigar that everybody seems to love, and it's in a reasonable price range (45 dollars for a Gurkha Beauty tubo? Erm..... sorry... Nice box, though!), I think that pretty much speaks for itself.

I'm at the stage of my Cigar Love Affair when I'm still almost exclusively buying singles. I think I've only bought between two or three boxes. So price sadly becomes a very big limiting factor.

Thanks for your advice, guys, and keep it coming!
[Reply]
icehog3 01:26 PM 04-16-2010
Singles are a great way to go anyway, Aron, no sense in buying a lot of boxes until you really define what your tastes are. My tastes changed so much over my first couple years, but I was able to try literally hundreds of different cigars in that time frame, and really got an idea of what pleased my palate most.
[Reply]
DougBushBC 01:39 PM 04-16-2010
For the record, the Anejos are about ten bucks a pop, and the Don Carlos is sixteen bucks.
Wait Anejos are 10 and DCs are 16? Thats the opposite of most places I have shopped. Maybe you mean "GOD OF FIRE" by Don Carlos, which is a Fuente made Prometheus Owned cigar.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 01:42 PM 04-16-2010
Originally Posted by DougBushBC:
Wait Anejos are 10 and DCs are 16? Thats the opposite of most places I have shopped. Maybe you mean "GOD OF FIRE" by Don Carlos, which is a Fuente made Prometheus Owned cigar.
Anejos have always been cheaper than the regular line Don Carlos around here. I'm with Dan. I like the 46 but can't stand the 77 Shark.
[Reply]
Aron 01:44 PM 04-16-2010
Originally Posted by DougBushBC:

Doug, I'm fairly sure they're just plain ol' Don Carlos sticks, not God of Fire. However, I could be wrong. I'll try and swing by the store later this afternoon if I've got a second.
[Reply]
El Fumador 01:59 PM 04-16-2010
just get a pair of each, i don't like the 48's 49's, love the 46's, 50, 55's, and I like the sharks. As for the Don Carlos god of fire i like the carlito's series, besides the don carlos series.
[Reply]
68TriShield 02:38 PM 04-16-2010
Yes and yes :-)
[Reply]
Noomis 04:35 PM 04-16-2010
Go with your favorite size. The wrapper-filler ratio everyone else mentioned is important, though––Aņejo wrappers have a very distinct flavor, so if you want to taste more of it get a thinner gauge....
[Reply]
darkninja67 04:52 PM 04-16-2010
46, 50 or 77 and the occasional 55 are my favorites.
[Reply]
Stinky 11:33 PM 04-18-2010
Pick up a few 46's and send me one! Enjoy the rest.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up