Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: Have you ever been handed a free cigar by a random stranger in public
Hell yeah... I pan-handle for sticks. 21 30.00%
Hell no... The Dude may be giving me Weed 49 70.00%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Have you ever been handed a free cigar by a random stranger in public
Cyclone 11:05 PM 04-07-2010
So this morning I was walking from the wife's office to my client's office across the downtown core.

I was at the corner of Burrard and Robson (Vancouver BC ) when I smelled the sweet smell of a cigar.

Looked around and noticed some dude in his early 30's with a Starbucks and a robusto. As the light turned green, I ended up walking beside him...

"Hey, what are you smoking?"

"Some Cuban"

"No SH.IT, I smoke a ton of those..."

And so I started walking and talking with this dude... I figure he was French / Spanish / WTF do I know?

I think I freaked him out... He reached inside his jacket and insisted I accept another robusto... I couldn't get out of him what it was....

Basically, a sometime smoker who also smoked a pipe cuz his wife let him smoke that inside...

I gave him my e-mail address to flip me a line and I would hook him up with some useful URLs ( like Heartfelt beads which his humidor desperately needs)

I'm smoking it right now... dunno what is other than cap looks OK... Fairly light... Unbanded... Tastes decent enough...

Funny way to start the work day.
[Reply]
systm 01:35 AM 04-08-2010
Yea actually.
Was working about, I wanna say two weeks ago, one of our semi regular coffee addicted patrons strolls in and asks " are you the one that smokes cigars?" I was a bit taken aback as I don't really talk about it too often any more but gladly told him I did. The guy then hands me a Gran Habano #5 Corojo Churchill. Probably one of my faves.

He still comes in pretty often. Thinking of firing back with a few of my own tomorrow.
[Reply]
baldanders 02:47 AM 04-08-2010
When I used to have to take the bus home after work I had a 45min-1hr wait for the bus and would smoke a cigar while waiting. People gave me random smokes from time to time and I always have a few extra on me and gave out many to random people that would ask me what I was smoking. Now that I drive to work I give one every Friday to a homeless guy that panhandles in front of the coffee shop I go too
[Reply]
tomc3084 03:19 AM 04-08-2010
That's hilarious.......
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:47 AM 04-08-2010
There was one guy in Philly that did that to me, turned out he knew me from the pictures and is a member of CA :-) I like to hand out smokes when people ask me what I smoke.
[Reply]
Savvy 03:56 AM 04-08-2010
When I was at the Amsterdam herf a couple weeks ago I gave some cigars to complete strangers. A husband and wife were there from Texas, so I talked to them for a little while, and before they left I gave them a couple cigars for the road. Definitely fun to do.
[Reply]
kenstogie 06:08 AM 04-08-2010
I gave some a couple of cigar to some strangers at Mega Mob Herf (2007?) They weren't a part of the herf.
[Reply]
kydsid 06:28 AM 04-08-2010
Hi my name is Jason and I am a giver.......
[Reply]
replicant_argent 06:34 AM 04-08-2010
nope, but I dig being on the other end, and usually it is a guy with a uniform on.
[Reply]
tobii3 07:04 AM 04-08-2010
:-)

Light a cigar up on a drop zone after an Airborne Operation.

NOBODY is a stranger.

Well, maybe Pete...but he's just strange, period.

[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 07:14 AM 04-08-2010
Can't say that I have, but is sounds like a damn good way to start the day.
[Reply]
Noodles 07:14 AM 04-08-2010
Nope but I've handed cigars to total strangers. Once I handed a guy a Monte #2 at Casa Fuente. The few minutes he was suppose to be hanging out turned into a two hour conversation. That was apparently the cigar he smoked during his honeymoon.
[Reply]
Mugen910 07:15 AM 04-08-2010
I've done it a few times...It's nice to do random acts of kindness to offset my random acts of meanie.
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:31 AM 04-08-2010
You ever been in a cockpit before?
Do you like movies about gladiators???
You ever seen a grown man naked?
Have you ever been in a... in a Turkish prison?
[Reply]
TripleF 07:36 AM 04-08-2010
Didn't vote, cuz the option:
"Actually, Yes I've had a stranger hand me a cigar" wasn't available.

However, that was one of my first experiences in fine hand-rolled cigars.

In Connecticut, I walked thru the park to go fishing, all the while my nostrils experiencing the pleasant aroma of a cigar. I commented how nice the smell was to the retired gentleman and he opened up a conversation with me that delayed me from getting to my fishing spot, but ended up in him giving me a magnificent cigar. It was the generousity we all share on here......and I may never see this stranger again, but what an impact he had on me.

cheers!
[Reply]
cobra03 07:55 AM 04-08-2010
I was sitting at my local b&m one night. It was just me and the owner, when a strange guy popped his head in and inquired if this was a cigar store, despite the large sign that read "CIGARS". He entered the store and began talking to us. He had never smoked a cigar before but purchased a large PG for himself and a short story which he handed right to me. I declined but he insisted i smoke with him so after"twisting my arm" i relented and accepted the gift. After smokeing his entire cigar the man looked at me glassy eyed and advised " these are better than weed" . At this point i found out he inhaled the entire cigar......:-)
[Reply]
mmblz 08:00 AM 04-08-2010
I struck up a conversation with a guy in a restaurant in San Fran (we were both sitting at the bar). He ended up giving me a cigar after dinner and we smoked out on the pier and drank rum. It was pretty cool.
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:01 AM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by cobra03:
At this point i found out he inhaled the entire cigar......:-)
:-) :-) Just spit water all over the computer screen. That was funny!!!
[Reply]
maninblack 08:06 AM 04-08-2010
Never had this happen in my little podunk town (I'm the only one that walks around town with a huge stogie hanging out of my mouth) but it would be nice if it happened.
[Reply]
cobra03 08:07 AM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
:-) :-) Just spit water all over the computer screen. That was funny!!!
Lol yeah next time your at Winstons, ask Kevin about that guy. :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up