Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>CAO Reviews?
Mpython24 05:29 PM 02-25-2010
Anyone out there have an opinion on CAO cigars?

I searched on here and nothing came up...
[Reply]
danreeve 05:31 PM 02-25-2010
I've reviewed a few on my site. I really like some of them, and some are boring. But they have a great mild body cigar, and a great full body cigar IMO. A lot of brands don't have that.
[Reply]
Kreth 05:34 PM 02-25-2010
I like the Black, VR, and Brazilia. The rest, not so much, although I haven't tried Sopranos or La Traviata.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Razorhog 05:37 PM 02-25-2010
I've had a few Brazilias, and really enjoyed them. In fact I've got a few monstrous brazilias in the humi now....
[Reply]
Mpython24 05:37 PM 02-25-2010
I have just smoked the Golds. What would you recommend be the next CAO to light up?
[Reply]
pnoon 05:40 PM 02-25-2010
Moving to Cigar Discussion since this is not a review.
[Reply]
captain53 05:47 PM 02-25-2010
The Brazilia is pretty good and can be picked up on CI Daily Specials or Cigar.com daily specials at real good prices, most of the others are OK. I am not at all fond of the LaTraviata at all, way over-hyped to me but many others really like them. I have a 5'r of Sapranos Aging but have not tried one. :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 05:49 PM 02-25-2010
Originally Posted by Mpython24:
I have just smoked the Golds. What would you recommend be the next CAO to light up?
Did you like the Gold, or do you prefer something stronger?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Mpython24 05:52 PM 02-25-2010
I did like the Gold. Burned nice and tasted good. I like things around that strength. I kinda want to branch out though and try somethin darker.
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 05:54 PM 02-25-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
I like the Black, VR, and Brazilia. The rest, not so much, although I haven't tried Sopranos or La Traviata.
Posted via Mobile Device
I actually just picked up a few of these CAOs.

Have you tried the MX2s? I haven't tried that one yet, but I've read some mixed reviews.
[Reply]
Darrell 05:55 PM 02-25-2010
Yeah, they suck. :-)
[Reply]
captain53 05:55 PM 02-25-2010
I did like the Gold. Burned nice and tasted good. I like things around that strength. I kinda want to branch out though and try somethin darker.
May be a little strong but try the Brazilia. One thing about CAO is the Appearance, Construction and Burn is usually very good on all of them.
[Reply]
Kreth 06:04 PM 02-25-2010
Originally Posted by KenyanSandBoa:
I actually just picked up a few of these CAOs.

Have you tried the MX2s? I haven't tried that one yet, but I've read some mixed reviews.
Knew I was forgetting one. The MX2s are decent smokes.
I think all of the rest of CAOs offerings are stronger than the Gold. Maybe you could try the Black, VR, MX2, or America. The Brazilia, Italia, and LX2 might be a bit of a jump if you like the milder sticks.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Whee 06:07 PM 02-25-2010
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6355
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=12957
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=13219
[Reply]
Mpython24 06:11 PM 02-25-2010
sweet deal. i will have to give one of those a shot next time i am out and about.
[Reply]
Starscream 06:19 PM 02-25-2010
As mentioned before, the Brazilias are pretty good. Blacks are decent smokes too. The rest are pretty lackluster though.
[Reply]
BigCat 06:24 PM 02-25-2010
I like the brazilias quite a bit. I always keep a box handy and it is a go-to smoke whenever I want to go with something I know will be good, as opposed to trying something new. I also enjoy the sopranos line, but those can be hit and miss for me. The mx2 didn't really do it for me. I was gifted a couple lx2s that haven't met the flame yet, but will as soon as the weather breaks. I've heard good things about them. People seem to like the CAO maduro quite a bit, though I was underwhelmed with the one I smoked. I will say that the whole line has appeared to me to be well made cigars and worth smoking. I think I just talked myself into taking a brazilia to the bar with me this weekend just by thinking about them. :-)
[Reply]
jerseystepup 06:27 PM 02-25-2010
I have a good deal on the mx2's in the WTS section :-) good smoke!
[Reply]
tobii3 06:50 PM 02-25-2010
overall....

LX2, MX2, CX2, La Traviata, Brazilia, Criollo and America - All good in my book

Vision, Soprano - overpriced

Gold, Gold Maduro - good if you like the milder side

Italia - a step down from the Brazilia - solid Medium

Cameroon, Maduro and Extreme (L'anniversaire) - the original CAO old favorites

That's about as abbreviated as I can get!!!

:-)
[Reply]
GHC_Hambone 07:03 PM 02-25-2010
I think the CAO Black and Criollo are two good cigars.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 23 > Last »
Up