Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 42 of 99
« First < 32404142 43445292 > Last »
General Discussion>Wristwatch collectors out there?
Volusianator 01:45 PM 03-27-2011
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
You don't need pillows, just use a bent piece of metal with leather glued to the outside. If the metal is thin it should have enough spring in it to keep the watch in place and the leather will protect it.

Make the shape out of wood and bend the metal around it.
I though of that originally, but really want to use the pillows.
[Reply]
NeuRon 02:18 PM 03-27-2011
any bulk collectors interested in buying an entire "Lot" of watches from me? i could get into details, but its probably better done through PM. But they are mostly everyday brands (i.e. invicta, textile brands such as Kenneth Cole, Ecko, etc). I bought the lot about 2 years ago from a fashion warehouse that has tons of accesories for photoshoots, etc.. It definately will bolster anybodies collection... just looking to unload most of them for cheap, willing to trade for cigars too.. lol

Sorry if this post is in the wrong place, just figured since all the wristwatch people were viewing, it'd be easier?
[Reply]
s15driftking 06:09 PM 03-27-2011
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
You don't need pillows, just use a bent piece of metal with leather glued to the outside. If the metal is thin it should have enough spring in it to keep the watch in place and the leather will protect it.

Make the shape out of wood and bend the metal around it.

this could be very cool if done correctly....

Im no engineer. but i believe this design will work for several reasons. The leather will keep from scratching the watch, the metal will keep the "pillow" boyant and allow it to hold the watch tightly. and the wood (if cut to correct width) will fit snug and taught in the slot.

if those other guys sell OEM pillows for 10, imagine how much you could sell these for?

[Reply]
jsnake 05:06 PM 03-30-2011
Here are my two watches I picked up this year. Love them both. They are HUGE!
[Reply]
Patrick B 05:30 AM 04-20-2011
Give me some current rec's, looking for a new 'sport' watch. Has to be BIG, and somewhere under $500.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:46 AM 04-20-2011
Originally Posted by Patrick B:
Give me some current rec's, looking for a new 'sport' watch. Has to be BIG, and somewhere under $500.
Certina
Sector
Invicta
[Reply]
Patrick B 12:48 PM 04-20-2011
I have a couple Bulova's that I like but they eat batteries at a ridiculous pace. Might go window shopping tonight for a while.
[Reply]
Remo 12:50 PM 04-20-2011
Originally Posted by Patrick B:
I have a couple Bulova's that I like but they eat batteries at a ridiculous pace. Might go window shopping tonight for a while.
Get an automatic, no more battery changes.
[Reply]
Patrick B 05:49 PM 04-20-2011
Of course, of the 30 watches I tried on tonight my favorite one was a Bulova. :-) I'll see if I can find a pic.
[Reply]
DrDubzz 08:19 PM 06-11-2011
Originally Posted by RX2010:
I have a leather banded Skagen for daily wear, and a Kenneth Cole I wear for dressier occasions. But this weekend, while in Dallas, I picked this up (pre-owned) as an early graduation gift to myself

The face seems kind of an off-white (parchment like) but in the sun it's pearlescent, I really like it, it has a black gator band, flawless condition, it's a limited edition 105/199 (didn't find out until after I had decided on it) to boot.

shameless bump to say that this watch is for sale if anyone is interested
[Reply]
OLS 10:15 PM 06-11-2011
I finally found out what's wrong with me as a person. I don't give a 5hit what time it is!
That only just occurred to me tonight after flipping through 8 pages of this and finding out
there were 42 pages of it. I have worn a watch for the equivalent of about one of my
48 years in total. Just don't like the feel of it on my arm. I have developed an uncanny
ability to know what time it is within about five minutes at any time during the day. It must
be like blind guys being able to hear really well. Those are some nice watches, fellers
[Reply]
Apoco 08:30 PM 06-30-2011
I really want to get a Ziiro watch. Like really badly.

http://www.ziiiro.com/shop

[Reply]
larryinlc 12:19 PM 07-21-2011
A new Rado.

[Reply]
KidRock 12:38 PM 07-21-2011
Originally Posted by larryinlc:
A new Rado.

That is so awesome! I love the Rado, that I have!!
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:48 AM 07-22-2011
Rado have really turned their image around the last decade or so. Always innovative and tough, but odd styling. Now they have a perfect balance of the two. Been thinking of getting a Rado as well. They are well priced in general and made right near our shop. More popular in Switzerland than USA it seems. Same with Mido.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:41 AM 07-22-2011
Originally Posted by AriesOpusX:
Anything by Armani will do you well for day/night wear.

Originally Posted by s15driftking:
^^^ I looked at that watch this weekend when i was in Chicago, very nice!!

I also looked at a PVD Hamilton Khaki Subzero, it was amazing. REALLY AMAZING.

I really like these watches.

I love watches but can't afford to collect them.
[Reply]
chicken 06:55 AM 07-22-2011
I love watches. Rolex Submariner does not come off my wrist.
[Reply]
AtlantaDave 07:58 PM 07-23-2011
I'm a huge watch enthusiast!

I have 7 LUM-TECs, an Omega Great White, Rolex Sub, TAG F1 Grande Date, Seikos, 2 Stowas and my latest addition is a Panerai 111

Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
larryinlc 08:23 PM 08-01-2011
Another new watch for me. I have a couple of pricey watches that I'm almost always afraid to wear. I hate desk dings. Anyway, I picked this Seiko up for 90.00 with the intention of it being my knock around watch. Turns out, it's nicer than that and I wear it all the time. Seiko makes nice watches for not a lot of money.

Larry
[Reply]
Jasonw560 09:54 PM 08-01-2011
I'm really not a watch guy, but still feel so inadequate with my stainless Timex.

I had a Swiss Army Renegade, but the face came loose and the fluorescent paint came off the hands. Would cost as much to fix as to replace.

If I had my druthers, I would get either a Luminox or a Tag. Just like the looks of them.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 99
« First < 32404142 43445292 > Last »
Up