Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Newbie recommendations
irratebass 08:40 AM 12-02-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I overlooked the Oliva Gs when I first started smoking due to the Vs being so talked about. You newbs don't forget about the Gs, they are tasty!
I have only had the V, been wanting to try the others.....:-) I think I do have an O in my humi though.
[Reply]
DaBear 09:29 AM 12-02-2011
Originally Posted by SpruceBruce:
I don't feel I have the palate to appreciate the higher end Padron's yet - even though they look/sound so amazing.
You don't have to have a great palate to appreciate any smoke, especially those 64 anny maduros. That was either my second or third cigar ever and instantly became my favorite. Nowadays its dropped back to second in my top 5, but its a very close second. You'll appreciate it more down the road yes, but that doesn't mean you should avoid it altogether for the time being. A great cigar is a great cigar, regardless of how experienced your palate is. :-)
[Reply]
DaBear 09:30 AM 12-02-2011
Originally Posted by irratebass:
I have only had the V, been wanting to try the others.....:-) I think I do have an O in my humi though.
The O naturals are like a little cinnamon bomb(or at least thats what I remember mine being). :-)
[Reply]
irratebass 09:58 AM 12-02-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I overlooked the Oliva Gs when I first started smoking due to the Vs being so talked about. You newbs don't forget about the Gs, they are tasty!
Originally Posted by DaBear:
The O naturals are like a little cinnamon bomb(or at least thats what I remember mine being). :-)
Interesting...:-)
[Reply]
LigaPrivadaT84 10:49 AM 12-02-2011
I would recommend the following:
Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story
Don Pepin Garcia Blue Label
Liga Privada T52
Oliva Serie V
Padron x000
:-)
[Reply]
SpruceBruce 11:26 AM 12-02-2011
Awesome advice guys! I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve - can't wait to go shopping! :-):-):-)
[Reply]
schollianmj 11:52 AM 12-02-2011
yea.. about that... I read one of these threads a month ago or so and made a list... ended up dropping about 120 in the B&M... granted he gave me a coupe free sticks since Im always in there and I rarely walk out with out dropping at least 50.... So be careful!! :-)
[Reply]
Carmack 12:06 PM 12-02-2011
As a fellow newbie, I'd recommend My Father Le Bijou. It was the first cigar I could detect specific favors beyond sweet or spicy.
[Reply]
SpruceBruce 12:10 PM 12-02-2011
Originally Posted by schollianmj:
yea.. about that... I read one of these threads a month ago or so and made a list... ended up dropping about 120 in the B&M... granted he gave me a coupe free sticks since Im always in there and I rarely walk out with out dropping at least 50.... So be careful!! :-)
Honestly, I'd be happy with 120. I have a feeling it's going to be an expensive afternoon.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 12:15 PM 12-02-2011
Forget lists. Start at one end of a shelf in you local b&m and work your way around the humidor, trying everything.

[Reply]
Blak Smyth 12:18 PM 12-02-2011
Originally Posted by Carmack:
As a fellow newbie, I'd recommend My Father Le Bijou. It was the first cigar I could detect specific favors beyond sweet or spicy.
I had one this last week, amazing cigar! Instant top ten for me!
[Reply]
irratebass 12:30 PM 12-02-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Forget lists. Start at one end of a shelf in you local b&m and work your way around the humidor, trying everything.

I have seriously thought about doing this.
[Reply]
Boz 12:37 PM 12-02-2011
Originally Posted by LigaPrivadaT84:
I would recommend the following:
Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story
Don Pepin Garcia Blue Label
Liga Privada T52
Oliva Serie V, O, and G
Padron x000 maduro
This is a good list. My updates in red.
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 12:52 PM 12-02-2011
You cant beat "Brickhouse" for the price. Around $5 for the Robusto!
Awsome cigar and one of my all time favorites
[Reply]
irratebass 12:56 PM 12-02-2011
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate:
You cant beat "Brickhouse" for the price. Around $5 for the Robusto!
Awsome cigar and one of my all time favorites
Agreed Travis, this is on my "must have box" list whenever I get $$
[Reply]
gator_79 04:02 PM 12-02-2011
I'll add:
AF 8-5-8 Maduro
Kristoff Maduro
AF Hemmingway
[Reply]
SpruceBruce 08:10 PM 12-02-2011
Originally Posted by irratebass:
Agreed Travis, this is on my "must have box" list whenever I get $$
Had one of these the other day, I'll definitely be buying more!
[Reply]
SpruceBruce 10:36 PM 12-02-2011
Well, here's what I ended up getting. They had some Olivia reps there, so I got a free Nub Connecticut for buying 5 Nub/Cain/Olivia sticks, and then I won 2 more of them in a drawing they had. :-)

One of the Short Stories didn't make it out of the store :-) Damn fine little smoke.

1:

2:

3:
[Reply]
mkarnold1 10:40 PM 12-02-2011
:-) Nice selection there! Oliva V Beli and MF Le Bijou are two of my favorites.
[Reply]
Jefft72 11:41 AM 12-03-2011
That is a damn fine haul! So many to sample, but those should keep you busy for some time.

You should check out the newbie trade thread also. I am almost ready to participate in it myself.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up