Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Coffee Discussion>Starbucks to sell instant coffee
Wharf Rat 09:01 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by novasurf:
There is a moderate risk in what they are doing. But I think they got it right. The global market for instant is $17 Billion. :-)
I sold my Starbucks stock today. This is a classic case of destroying a valuable brand name. IMO, anyway.

Bob
[Reply]
KidRock 09:12 PM 02-17-2009
So Star Bucks instant coffee will only cost 9 dollars per cup now? :-)
[Reply]
Mister Moo 08:49 AM 02-18-2009
"Vivek Varma, senior vice president of public affairs, told employees in an e-mail that Via will "absolutely replicate the taste of Starbucks coffee..."

Too bad. You'd think they would seize the opportunity to set their sights a wee bit higher. :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:56 AM 02-18-2009
I think the instant coffee is a great idea for Starbucks. Perhaps they won't market it as heavily in USA? Starbucks should have a product available to those where instant is the only option.

Starbucks must be in every market and category that involves coffee.
[Reply]
tobii3 09:04 AM 02-18-2009
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat:
I sold my Starbucks stock today. This is a classic case of destroying a valuable brand name. IMO, anyway.

Bob
At a WHOPPING $9 a share....ha ha ha

Funny, almost everyone here is trashing instant coffee, but a quick review of Nescafe stock (Nestle) is currently $31 a share.

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Even in many coffee growing regions, Senka and Nescafe are the defaults if one asks for "coffee".
So.....about that Instant coffee???

:-)

And moses is right - it was EASY to get Nescafe THROUGHOUT Central and South America.

Hell, we have Nescafe Machines in the mess halls in Kuwait!!!

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 11:21 AM 02-18-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:
At a WHOPPING $9 a share....ha ha ha

Funny, almost everyone here is trashing instant coffee, but a quick review of Nescafe stock (Nestle) is currently $31 a share.

:-):-):-)
It's true that Starbuck's stock price is much depressed and I decided to move on to where I think I have a better chance of making money. However, the price of a stock depends on the number of shares outstanding, company size and other factors. So, a direct comparison between the price of Starbuck's and Nestle stock is meaningless.

Bob
[Reply]
germantown rob 12:57 PM 02-18-2009
I don't think most people give a crap what their coffee tastes like as long as it is warm and gives them that comfort feeling. Hell my sister in-law makes me buy chicory for the coffee I roast for her to French roast, in my opinion chicory was a way to stretch coffee in hard times not something to do by choice, but to each their own.

Never seen a $5 cup of coffee any where but I certainly won't touch the $.10 stuff. As far as expensive espresso drinks go I will pay the $5 for a double shot and skip the $2000 start up cost and the insanity that is sure to follow.
[Reply]
novasurf 05:04 PM 02-18-2009
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat:
I sold my Starbucks stock today. This is a classic case of destroying a valuable brand name. IMO, anyway. Bob
It's all right. But do back up the truck if they hit $8.
[Reply]
tobii3 05:14 PM 02-18-2009
Originally Posted by germantown rob:
...in my opinion chicory was a way to stretch coffee in hard times not something to do by choice, but to each their own.
That brings back a great memory...well, not exactly "great"...

Good friend of mine down in LA made some "coffee" when we were down there for JRTC in '07.

little cream, little sugar.....slurp........BLECCCCCCCCCCCCCCCH!!!!!!!! !!!!! so THAT'S what chicory tastes like!!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up