Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Coffee Discussion>Coffee at Whole Foods
ashtonlady 08:32 AM 02-02-2009
I didn't see any green beans at the Whole foods in Seattle.
[Reply]
floydpink 09:07 AM 02-02-2009
My green bean experience at Whole Foods was interesting to say the least.

I was picking up roasted beans and remembered this thread so looked at the green beans and noticed a sign reading, "available for home roasters".

There was a guy across the isle attending the espesso machine and I asked him if he had a price list. He replied they don't sell them in green, I replied the sign said they do, he shrugged his shoulders, I left as I was late for work.

I'll research further this week.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 06:24 AM 02-15-2009
Originally Posted by Mister Moo:
Yes. Hard to beat the smell of freshly roasted coffee in the car - Love that smell. :-)
Especially when your driving home with a bag of freshly ground beans, and you have to brake suddenly, when the top for some reason opens and spills out onto the floorboard:-) Beats the Pina Colada scent you get at the carwash:-)
[Reply]
BarneyBandMan 07:54 AM 02-27-2009
Moo Man

I appreciate the heads up on the Counter Culture coffees. FunGirl and I were in the aforementioned Whole Foods last evening and I grabbed up some Magnolia Grill (restaurant in Durham) Roast from Counter Culture. Drinking right now from the press. Pretty good
[Reply]
Mister Moo 09:08 AM 02-27-2009
Originally Posted by BarneyBandMan:
Moo Man

I appreciate the heads up on the Counter Culture coffees. FunGirl and I were in the aforementioned Whole Foods last evening and I grabbed up some Magnolia Grill (restaurant in Durham) Roast from Counter Culture. Drinking right now from the press. Pretty good
Hi Barns. I think it was the Magnolia stuff I had served to me at W-Foods.

It was very nice (at that store - on that day - in my mind). :-)
[Reply]
Cigary 02:19 PM 02-27-2009
Hey Mr Moo,,,have you tried the coffee section at A Southern Season,,,it's a great place in your neck of the woods,,,love their wine selection and their holiday meats.
[Reply]
Lumpold 02:52 PM 02-27-2009
Originally Posted by omowasu:
I am getting 2.5lb bags of Costco Kirkland house blend, 100% Arabica, for $9.95 - and loving it. Its a great coffee for the price - only issue being it is roasted by Starbucks, but at less than 1/2 of the price of comparable Starbucks whole bean, I aint complainin.
This isn't the worst coffee I've ever had. It's not too shabby.
[Reply]
Mister Moo 06:41 PM 02-27-2009
Originally Posted by Cigary:
Hey Mr Moo,,,have you tried the coffee section at A Southern Season,,,it's a great place in your neck of the woods,,,love their wine selection and their holiday meats.
Ja, shure. Mostly fresh coffee but a little pricey. Great store to shop for tea, tea hardware and coffee hardware, too. And chocolate. And first rate Caribbean ginger beer. And deli sandwiches. All kinds of cool chit, really.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 03:27 PM 02-28-2009
With all this talk about Whole Foods, I decided to skip on by there late this morning and peruse their coffees once again.

One thing I enjoy about WF is their open display of the roasted coffee beans, wherein you can sniff the aroma and maybe toss a bean in your mouth and chew-it up real good for a sample of flavor.

I decided to go for the Costa Rica Dota in light roast (the only roast available for this one) and dumped a couple of scoops in the bag. It goes for $10.99 a lb and mine bag came out to $5.49.

I placed 3 healthy tablespoons in my Mr. Coffee grinder and dumped the remains in the Melida one cupper. Produces a very nice mild tasting cup of coffee with mild sweetness and wine flavors. Good afternoon cup:-)

[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up