Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Aristocrat pictures
AdamJoshua 06:17 PM 01-18-2014
That's gorgeous Bill thanks for sharing.

Colin I was thinking 3 shelves with the pullout option and possible 2 drawers for singles, but I still have the winador full of drawers for singles to that remains to be seen.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 08:34 PM 01-18-2014
Does anyone have one with the temperature control? If so, thoughts?
[Reply]
Sadden 07:22 PM 01-19-2014
I didnt get it. I kinda wish i did now.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 01:21 AM 01-20-2014
I have dual cooling units on mine. If you look at the photo I posted above, you can see them. They work extremely well.

I keep the temperature control set at 72. In the summer I keep the house at 78, so they cycle on and off. In the winter the house is kept at 72, so they never run. I had Bob install double units because at the time, we kept the house A/C off when we were at work or traveling and we lived/live in a desert environment. Even if the ambient temperature in the house was in the nineties, the cabinet had no trouble cooling to 72 with the dual units.

Now I'm retired and home most of the time, so I keep the house cooler than I used to in the summer. I think I could get by with one cooling unit now, though the dual units really keep the cabinet cool without running all that much. And if we leave on vacation in the summer, turn off the A/C and it's 115 out, no matter how hot the house gets the cabinet can maintain a steady 72.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 06:56 AM 01-20-2014
Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill:
I have dual cooling units on mine. If you look at the photo I posted above, you can see them. They work extremely well.

I keep the temperature control set at 72. In the summer I keep the house at 78, so they cycle on and off. In the winter the house is kept at 72, so they never run. I had Bob install double units because at the time, we kept the house A/C off when we were at work or traveling and we lived/live in a desert environment. Even if the ambient temperature in the house was in the nineties, the cabinet had no trouble cooling to 72 with the dual units.

Now I'm retired and home most of the time, so I keep the house cooler than I used to in the summer. I think I could get by with one cooling unit now, though the dual units really keep the cabinet cool without running all that much. And if we leave on vacation in the summer, turn off the A/C and it's 115 out, no matter how hot the house gets the cabinet can maintain a steady 72.
Thanks for the info!
[Reply]
JenksAnejo 08:15 PM 02-11-2014
I ended up placing an order with Bob today.

I splurged and spent the extra money to purchase the MXT.

Bob is great to work with and will cater to your needs.

I went with the Dark red Mahogany, crown molding on top, 4 full extension drawers, set and forget humidification.

I'm most excited about the "set and forget" humidification. I believe this is included on most of the models.

Anyways, thanks to the guys that posted all of these pictures to make my decision much easier. :-)
[Reply]
stevieray 08:32 PM 02-11-2014
Originally Posted by JenksAnejo:
I ended up placing an order with Bob today.

I splurged and spent the extra money to purchase the MXT.

Bob is great to work with and will cater to your needs.

I went with the Dark red Mahogany, crown molding on top, 4 full extension drawers, set and forget humidification.

I'm most excited about the "set and forget" humidification. I believe this is included on most of the models.

Anyways, thanks to the guys that posted all of these pictures to make my decision much easier. :-)
Congrats. You won't regret it.
[Reply]
markem 08:47 PM 02-11-2014
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Congrats. You won't regret it.
:-) You will love it for a lifetime
[Reply]
equetefue 07:09 AM 02-12-2014
Congrats!! You will love the Set and Forget. It is the best humidification system I have owned.
[Reply]
JenksAnejo 08:29 PM 02-12-2014
Thanks, Edwin. That's what I was hoping to hear!
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 03:33 PM 03-11-2014
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Thanks to those who posted here. I am seriously looking at an Aristocrat and while aspiring to have a monster cabinet, looks like I will be going with the Plus 48, it's in my range and this really helped me get a feel for the physical size as well as capacity.
Hmm this didn't exactly go as planned with the Plus 48 :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
JenksAnejo 06:57 PM 04-23-2014
Has anyone had any trouble with delays before with Staebell?

Starting to get antsy but I know it'll be worth the wait.
[Reply]
markem 07:03 PM 04-23-2014
Has anyone had any trouble with delays before with Staebell?

Starting to get antsy but I know it'll be worth the wait.
Did you call him? He gives good estimates, but sometime unforeseen events occur that cause the schedule to slip. Since he usually has many cabinets in progress at one time, a delay at one stage for one piece has the potential to delay all those behind it - although he works hard to avoid these dependencies as much as possible.

My original cabinet (MXT) took several weeks more than anticipated as it was very difficult to match enough cherry stock for my cabinet.

So, no, I've never had problems with delays from Bob but I have experienced delays.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:18 PM 04-23-2014
Mine was a few weeks longer than the original estimate, Jarrod, but anytime I e-mailed Bob about it, I would get a response same or next day. He communicated exactly what was going on, throughout the whole process, whenever I inquired.
[Reply]
pnoon 07:29 PM 04-23-2014
The quality of his work and communication should be met with patience.
Quality takes time.
[Reply]
JenksAnejo 08:38 PM 04-23-2014
Thanks for the answers, guys.

I'm not worried, but have been given three time frames and all have came and passed. In no way am I dissing Bob, but would have rather not been told "we will be finishing up x/xx". I'm sure some unforeseen stuff has come up.

I understand that a quality piece takes a long time and there is no way to predict an exact date. I figured I'd reach out and see what others have experienced.

In the end I guess all that really matters is the final piece. I just should've waited to order cigars before I had the storage. :-)
[Reply]
stevef2005 05:37 AM 04-24-2014
Thanks for the answers, guys.

I'm not worried, but have been given three time frames and all have came and passed. In no way am I dissing Bob, but would have rather not been told "we will be finishing up x/xx". I'm sure some unforeseen stuff has come up.

I understand that a quality piece takes a long time and there is no way to predict an exact date. I figured I'd reach out and see what others have experienced.

In the end I guess all that really matters is the final piece. I just should've waited to order cigars before I had the storage. :-)
Pictures when it gets in!!!
[Reply]
jonumberone 06:11 AM 04-24-2014
I had an awful experience in regards to time frame and communication.
Originally told 6 - 8 weeks.
After I was able to get him on the phone I was told "it should ship next week" 3 or 4 different times.
I finally got it after 15 weeks and didn't receive notice that it was coming until the delivery company had it at the local warehouse.
All that said, I'm just about ready to order a second one.
The missed deadlines and lack of communication was frustrating, but worth it.
Since I've had mine, his service has been perfect.
When I get him on the phone, he answers all my questions, and walks me through any steps I need to take.
[Reply]
markem 09:52 AM 04-24-2014
This is quite true, especially since seasoning a cabinet can take a while. Follow Bob's instructions for seasoning to the letter. I actually had to call him for that information and glad that I did.
[Reply]
Oshay 03:41 PM 04-25-2014
Originally Posted by jhedrick83:
:-):-) Wow..
Thats what i'm aiming for!:-):-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up