Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Thoughts on the VX?
Bagel Herpes 10:28 PM 03-18-2014
Was looking to get a Xikar VX V-cutter. Been years since i used a V-cut.

I really like Xikar products so wanted to hear what the consensus is around here?
[Reply]
Robulous78 11:52 PM 03-18-2014
I cant speak to their cutters, but everything else Xikar I have owned has been pretty solid. Throw in the lifetime warranty if it does actually break and thats how they got my business... :-)
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 03:53 AM 03-19-2014
I like mine a lot, my Palio still is my go-to, but the Xikar V is a nice change of pace
[Reply]
dijit 04:55 AM 03-19-2014
I am a huge advocate for Xikar. Two lighters and on my second cutter lost the first one. I have used their lifetime warranty twice on my oldest lighter. Its almost 15 years old and once on my cutter nearly 8 years old. All of these have been without question they get it, fix it, and send it back pretty quick. Some of the best customer service in the business. They stand behind their knives too.
[Reply]
ky70 05:35 AM 03-19-2014
I like the VX cutter (solid, sharp blades, and good weight) for its purpose but if you have a cigar with a bit of tight draw and need to cut off more to improve the draw, then you'll have some work to do using the VX, but this is the case with any V cutter. If you want a V cutter, the VX is a good one. Try cbid for a lower than retail price.
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:50 AM 03-19-2014
I bought the Xikar VX V cutter and just wasn't a fan. It made a great cut and worked like a champ. I just didn't enjoy that cut while smoking. Guess I'm just not as fan of the V-cut. I use an X8 99% of the time and I love it. I also own a few Palios (great cutters as well). :-)
[Reply]
tsolomon 08:55 AM 03-19-2014
I use my VX on small RG cigars and like it a lot. If you get a tight draw, you can rotate it 90 degrees and take a second cut. :-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 12:59 PM 03-19-2014
With all this talk about it, I just had to go out and pick one up. Got a good price at the B&M.:-)
[Reply]
badbriar 03:03 PM 03-19-2014
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
I bought the Xikar VX V cutter and just wasn't a fan. It made a great cut and worked like a champ. I just didn't enjoy that cut while smoking. Guess I'm just not as fan of the V-cut. I use an X8 99% of the time and I love it. I also own a few Palios (great cutters as well). :-)
Mac - You need to trade that Xikar V-Cutter for some pretty brown sticks!!!
:-)
[Reply]
Up