Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>How many racks in the wineador?
badbriar 07:10 PM 06-06-2013
Ok...got the wine cooler, cleaned it out- no plastic smell, ordered and received spanish cedar trays (7), mounting wood rails to the trays to replace the wire racks.
Have a good problem to deal with now. Found that if I use the guides inside the walls of the cooler, I can fit 5 racks, with about 1.5 in space between. If I have three trays with rails and the other racks just sit directly on top of one another, with no space between, I can get 6 trays. Now, if I have two trays with all racks sitting atop each other, with no space between, I can get 7 racks. That's a helluvalot of cigar space!
So, the quandary here is if it will make any difference in humidifying the cigars if the racks have no space between them. The racks are the ones from Cheaphumidors, with slots along the bottom and hand slots on the sides.
Keeping the sticks in the best possible conditions is the primary concern, with capacity a close second.
Opinions, advice and criticisms solicited and welcomed. :-)
RR
[Reply]
bonjing 09:09 AM 06-07-2013
I am not familiar with the racks from cheap humidors, but a lot of people go with full trays with no ill effect on humidity throughout the humidor.It all depends on what you want to do and how you want it to look. Here's a thread by GolfNut (he makes trays) that show full trays in wineadors:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...=41485&page=12
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:46 AM 06-07-2013
If you are worried about RH then make sure that any trays, drawers or shelves that you get have slotted bottoms. Forest (GolfNut) offers this as an option on his trays, drawers and shelves. I'm pretty sure that most of the other vendors do as well.
[Reply]
Up