Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 44 of 90
« First < 34424344 454654 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>pnoon's what cigar did you smoke today VII?
Porch Dweller 04:41 PM 04-03-2020
H. Upmann Nicaragua AJF Toro
[Reply]
Weelok 10:20 PM 04-04-2020
Well, over last two weeks. Cigar photo and post catch up.

[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 07:33 AM 04-06-2020
@ Weelok a Diplomaticos, nice! I plan on checking those out in the future, I've heard good things, I've heard on person describe them as a cross between a Monte #2 and a Partagas Serie P #2 which sounds awesome to me. :-)

This morning im smoking -

DE Herrera Esteli Toro - great cigar, buttery & rich with lots of flavor - no surprise that these are quite popular.
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 06:44 PM 04-06-2020
And tonight,

Espinosa Alpha Dawg Toro - incredibly full bodied intensely flavorful cigar.
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 08:15 AM 04-07-2020

CF Guardian of the Farm Nightwatch Orpheus - what a nice spin on the original Guardian, just has less of the nutty flavors and instead some more spice & chocolate...really good stuff, I just bought another box on cigar auctioneer and so I can start to smoke some of these finally without feeling like I'm running out of them as fast :-)
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 01:03 PM 04-07-2020

RP Sungrown Maduro Toro - I still have some of these from a box I bought maybe a couple years ago now. Since then I think I've outgrown RP a little as a brand, but I have to say this is still a very nice cigar. Medium/full to full with plenty of spice and pepper to start then settling in to a pleasant chocolately cocoa-y goodness that remains accented by that typical Sungrown spice.

Would I buy more? Sure, if they were on a really good sale, but it's hard to justify anywhere near full price when I could get a more interesting brand for just as much or less dinero. With all that considered however, again it's quite a nice cigar and would recommend it, particularly to any fans on full bodied maduros. :-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 04:33 PM 04-07-2020
'15 psd4
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 06:28 PM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by gomeitsmybday:

RP Sungrown Maduro Toro - I still have some of these from a box I bought maybe a couple years ago now. Since then I think I've outgrown RP a little as a brand, but I have to say this is still a very nice cigar. Medium/full to full with plenty of spice and pepper to start then settling in to a pleasant chocolately cocoa-y goodness that remains accented by that typical Sungrown spice.

Would I buy more? Sure, if they were on a really good sale, but it's hard to justify anywhere near full price when I could get a more interesting brand for just as much or less dinero. With all that considered however, again it's quite a nice cigar and would recommend it, particularly to any fans on full bodied maduros. :-)
I agree. If I can grab a box on CBID I will, but full price? Nope.
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 08:40 PM 04-07-2020
@ James yeah there's just simply too much other stuff out there with more interesting flavor profiles! Speaking of which -

I'm finishing the (decidedly Maduro themed) day with a....

601 La Bomba Maduro Toro - I tried one out of a box of 10 a couple weeks ago and wasn't terribly impressed, but on a hunch, I tried giving some serious dry boxing time on this 2nd one. If memory serves correct, 4 days in total - which has me concerned it was going to be as dry as...well, really dry.

Turns out, the extra time is exactly what it needed because it is smoking *tremendously*. Incredibly rich buttery dark savory notes, compared to food I'd say...a smoked T-bone steak seasoned with black pepper and butter, washed down with a glass of yoo-hoo. Uncultured and sophisticated at the same time, talk about nuance! :-)
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 08:57 AM 04-09-2020

My Father The Judge Toro Fino - oh how I love this cigar. Probably my favorite out of the My Father line...Le Bijou comes in a close 2nd though. Has a wonderful...funk to it that I just love and complexity for days, almost no puff is alike imho. However, it does occasionally taste reminiscent of a DPG Black, which makes me wonder if they might use a similar tobacco in both blends?

Regardless of the tobacco used, at the end of the day it is a spectacular cigar and I would recommend this one to anyone! Unless you use cigarauctioneer to buy your cigars, in which case it is an awful, horrible cigar and you should neverever bid on it. Ever. :-)
[Reply]
Weelok 01:24 PM 04-09-2020

[Reply]
Weelok 01:26 PM 04-09-2020
Originally Posted by gomeitsmybday:
@ Weelok a Diplomaticos, nice! I plan on checking those out in the future, I've heard good things, I've heard on person describe them as a cross between a Monte #2 and a Partagas Serie P #2 which sounds awesome .
That is a pretty dang good description!!!

I thought they were great fresh, mediocre from years 1 - 3 and are now getting back to great hah.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:18 AM 04-10-2020
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 04:34 PM 04-10-2020
I took advantage of an absolutely beautiful day and had a rare three-fer.

Oliva V Double Robusto
Caldwell Blind Man's Bluff Robusto
Padron 1926 Maduro #6
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 08:33 PM 04-12-2020

AB Tempus Natural Churchill - AB is certainly a diverse brand...some blends are spectacular (Magic Toast & Black Market Esteli come to mind) and others are more lackluster (Lineage, Post Embargo, etc) and not that that those are bad necessarily, but aren't to my taste.

Fortunately, the AB Tempus Natural is a blend that I'm partial to! Full bodied, rich smoke with lots of wood, mineral & nutty notes that I find delectable. I have had some burn issues with this current batch of Churchills I'd ordered around a year ago, they've gotten better with some extended rest but still not entirely immune to uneven burning.

So sure, while there are lots of cigars I'd rather be smoking, when the price is right, I definitely see myself stocking back up. :-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 08:48 PM 04-12-2020
Las Calaveras 2018
[Reply]
icehog3 10:07 AM 04-13-2020

Caldwell Midnight Express. While I like it less than most of the other Caldwells I have smoked, it's still purty good.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 01:11 PM 04-13-2020
Dug deep today....
Jaimie Garcia Reserva Limited Ed. 2011
'06 Troya Classico churchill by Pepin
[Reply]
Weelok 11:42 PM 04-13-2020

[Reply]
Weelok 11:45 PM 04-13-2020
Good Friday selection

The TTT was Easter above.

The RASS starts tonight.