Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 20
« First < 234 5614 > Last »
Entertainment>True Blood
rennD 09:11 PM 06-29-2009
vampires ... shape shifters ... minotaurs .... oh my :-)

Just with that statement you'd think that the show had gone the way of the loony. But if you watch the shows this season everything makes sense. hhhmmmm
[Reply]
PeteSB75 07:10 AM 07-15-2009
Finally caught up with this season so far. Looks like Mary-Anne is shaping into a very interesting character. So, as I understand, she's using the sexual energy discharged from the dancing to change into that minotaur-thingy? WTF? And Jessica is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters. Making the limo driver shout that in the hotel lobby was hilarious.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:39 PM 07-15-2009
Been a good season so far, and less of the irritating "should I/shouldn't I" romance than last year too.
[Reply]
kzm007 03:59 PM 07-16-2009
In response to your earlier reply, icehog3, better quality cameras seem plausible; I think I was just noticing her smile lines for once. Drove me nuts, they looked like fangs hidden...may have been for all I know, but who knows for sure?

And Pete :-) I'm with you. I actually like Jessica and Hoyt more than Bill and Sookie.
[Reply]
PeteSB75 08:03 AM 07-20-2009
Bit of a filler episode last night. Not much happening, just confirmations of suspicions from last week. Daphne is a shifter. The Dallas Sheriff was Eric's maker. MaryAnne has some weird powers (werewolf?). Jessica is a teenage girl. All stuff I had already figured out, just got confirmations on it.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:32 AM 07-20-2009
Definitely a filler, Pete.....too much Vampmance, not enough killin'. :-)
[Reply]
Wolfgang 08:35 AM 07-20-2009
My GF and I are hooked on this show, and since neither of us have HBO we watch online at some live stream sites. Pretty cool actually.

Fang :-)
[Reply]
bookman 08:42 AM 07-20-2009
I've seen the first 4 eps. Pretty good. I loves me some Anna Paquin!
[Reply]
rennD 08:53 AM 07-20-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
.....too much Vampmance, not enough killin'. :-)
Totally agree with that. Even on the Entertainment Magazine Article, they are humping each other in the picture. Goodness.
[Reply]
grawk 09:05 AM 07-20-2009
Apparently the books are worse about it than the show is. Vampire teen smut novels
[Reply]
PeteSB75 09:14 AM 07-20-2009
Vampires = Sex. Not new. Always been that way. One of the reasons why I like vamp stories/movies/shows:-)

Also one of the main reasons, hack writing aside, why the twilight drek never worked for me. Sorry, but abstinent vampires are boring as hell. Add in an obsessive teenaged girl and I want to start staking people immediately.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 09:18 AM 07-20-2009
Twilight's basic plot was stolen from this series. Trueblood the show and "The Sookie Stackhouse" series in books.
[Reply]
PeteSB75 09:39 AM 07-20-2009
Originally Posted by Wolfgang:
Twilight's basic plot was stolen from this series. Trueblood the show and "The Sookie Stackhouse" series in books.
TBH, the basic premise behind this series as well as twilight, and countless other vampire stores is very, very old. Bram Stoker is probably the best known, with the male vampire/female human story.

More recently, the vampire likes to hold off on actually killing the human, makes for a longer possible story with more dramatic tension. Joss Whedon did it well with Buffy/Angel(97-00), as did Tanya Huff with the Blood Books(first one in 91). The Southern Vampire books were published starting in 2001, so both of these, as well as countless others, I am sure, were already out. Twilight - the first book - was published in 2006.

Basically, what I am getting at is that the story is not a new one. Some people are just much better at telling it than others. Stephanie Meyer is a complete hack.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 09:45 AM 07-20-2009
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Stephanie Meyer is a complete hack.
That was my point :-)
[Reply]
PeteSB75 11:02 AM 07-20-2009
Originally Posted by Wolfgang:
That was my point :-)
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
icehog3 11:03 PM 08-02-2009
Tonight's episode was probably the best yet, and next week's looks even better...I am totally hooked on this show, so I am sure HBO will cancel it at the end of this season. :-)
[Reply]
PeteSB75 07:14 AM 08-03-2009
Tonight's episode was probably the best yet, and next week's looks even better...I am totally hooked on this show, so I am sure HBO will cancel it at the end of this season. :-)
Nah, Alan Ball has a good track record with them. Six Feet Under ran for 5 seasons. There are quite a few people here at work watching it, so there is definitely buzz. And the Neilsen numbers are not nearly as important as with network TV.

But yeah, last night's show was awesome. Sarah and I had just been discussing in the beginning of the ep about what MaryAnne was.

[SPOILER] I suggested she was part of the origin myth of Dionysus, when what do you know, later in the ep, it comes out that she was one of the handmaidens.[/SPOILER]
[Reply]
pnoon 10:27 PM 08-09-2009
I'm hooked. I've watched the first 5 episodes from season 1. At times, the writing gets a bit hokey but other than that I like it. The theme and opening credits are very hypnotic. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:58 PM 08-09-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
I'm hooked. I've watched the first 5 episodes from season 1. At times, the writing gets a bit hokey but other than that I like it. The theme and opening credits are very hypnotic. :-)
You will probably like Season 2 even better, Peter, as some of the "should I or shouldn't I date a vampire" hokiness is done. :-)
[Reply]
PeteSB75 07:22 AM 08-10-2009
Last night's episode was AWESOME! I really feel like the whole Tara and Eggs thing is just killing time. Sam is, again, an idiot.

Some really great lines. Loved the delivery from Jason. I've been to heaven...

Eric keeps becoming a more likable character. Far more so than Bill, IMO.

And I was really upset for poor Jessica. Wonder how Hoyt is going to handle that.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 20
« First < 234 5614 > Last »
Up