Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Entertainment>Why the Jedi are the Jedi.
shilala 07:59 AM 05-22-2014
Here's a short clip.
I was schooled. It was super cool.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 08:18 AM 05-22-2014
This is why the movies have gotten worse and worse, nothing for him to rip off... well that is until he gave up and sold the franchise.
[Reply]
markem 08:29 AM 05-22-2014
'Tis very true and acknowledged by Lucas. Very few movies are completely original. Most are derived from other works and sometimes several. One of these days, I will get a copy of the books (cannot recall right now) that Kill Bill is based on.
[Reply]
CRIMPS 09:41 AM 05-22-2014
Very interesting and rather eye opening for me. Thanks for sharing.
[Reply]
G G 10:08 AM 05-22-2014
I saw that yesterday and didn't watch the video, I just watched and that's cool.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 10:28 AM 05-22-2014
Now I have to go back and watch John Woo's The Killer again, a great Chow Yun-Fat movie, this is like an earwig thread for movies all of a sudden.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097202/

[Reply]
shilala 10:55 AM 05-22-2014
I gotta see that movie. Never saw it.
[Reply]
Dave128 11:50 AM 05-22-2014
Interesting.
[Reply]
Starscream 11:29 PM 07-29-2014
I know it's an old thread, but I just now saw it. Cool video. Lucas was inspired not only by Seven Samurai, but also by the old epic movie serials from the '30s and '40s. Some of the shots in the original film are shot by shot duplicates from not only Seven Samurai, but from old action/sci-fi serials and even from World War II dogfight footage. If you've seen the original film enough times, you could see how it could possibly be broken up into a 12 part serial, just like the stuff Lucas grew up on. Indiana Jones is an even bigger tribute to the old action serials by Lucas. You can definitely tell he has an appreciation for the classics.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 02:48 PM 08-11-2014
If you're interested in the lineage of Star Wars, you owe it to yourself to watch the Red Letter Media reviews of Episode 1. Yes, he justifiably thrashes it. But in so doing it compares it to the originals and the things that made them great.

The reviews of episodes 1-3 are far far better than the movies themselves. It's a nice way to recoup some of the energy that was wasted on seeing them to begin with.

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/s...hantom-menace/
[Reply]
Up