Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 99 of 350
« First < 4989979899 100101109149199 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
icehog3 01:35 PM 05-29-2009
Tendons/ligaments in my shoulders are REALLY getting sore. Time to get back on the glucosamine/condroitin/MSM train, I fear.
Stig 02:20 PM 05-29-2009
Apparently if you press the equivilent of a small sedan with your legs on a fairly regular basis it can lead to a stress fracture. :-) No gym for a while now. Left foot is in a very large walking boot for at least a month or more.
PeteSB75 02:23 PM 05-29-2009
Originally Posted by Stig:
Apparently if you press the equivilent of a small sedan with your legs on a fairly regular basis it can lead to a stress fracture. :-) No gym for a while now. Left foot is in a very large walking boot for at least a month or more.
Damn, that sucks. You going to be able to march in your parades for the 4th? Could always slap a saddle on that new puppy of yours and ride :-)
Stig 02:27 PM 05-29-2009
Originally Posted by PeteSB75:
Damn, that sucks. You going to be able to march in your parades for the 4th? Could always slap a saddle on that new puppy of yours and ride :-)
Stand still performances only for at least a month, may have to rent a segway
The Professor 02:58 PM 05-29-2009
Be careful about those Segways ... they have the tendency to make you look like a douche bag. :-)

In all seriousness, though, take care of yourself, Bro. Sorry to hear about the fracture and I hope you heal faster than the doc expects!
BigFrank 04:45 PM 05-29-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Tendons/ligaments in my shoulders are REALLY getting sore. Time to get back on the glucosamine/condroitin/MSM train, I fear.
I take it year round Tom. I would recommend the same. Sorry to hear ya getting a little busted up ( old ) happens to the best of us :-) :-)

Squatted Tonight...
545x3...Other than that I felt sluggish and tired, although I did hit a PR. At one point I laid on the gym floor for 10 minutes just being a bum.
King James 05:59 PM 05-29-2009
Elbow is prolly 85%. Hopefully will be good to go for game tomm otherwise will just play thru it anyways.
Posted via Mobile Device
PeteSB75 09:53 AM 05-30-2009
Feel better man. Let me know if you need anything.

Originally Posted by BigFrank:
Squatted Tonight...
545x3...Other than that I felt sluggish and tired, although I did hit a PR. At one point I laid on the gym floor for 10 minutes just being a bum.
Congratz on the PR, even though you felt like a bum :-) I did too, today. Sleep has been off all week, but I feel a bit better after hitting the gym this morning, even though I didn't push weight on anything.

Squats
285x5
295x5 2 sets

Power Clean
130x5 3 sets

Bench
170x5 3 sets

Will see how much longer I want to keep on with this particular workout pattern. My lifts have been going up, but it's definitely slowing.
BigFrank 02:46 PM 05-31-2009
Went to the gym today. Did some pull downs and rows. Then a little bicep and ab work. I usually do not go on Sundays, but I wanted to get out of the house and needed to do something that did not require me to spend money.
Ive eaten too many cookies today.
icehog3 09:24 PM 05-31-2009
Woke up yesterday and could harly stand up...lower back (happens a couple times a year). Today was even worse, could hardly walk most of the day. Better tonight, but I am gonna skip the gym tomorrow too....might try to skate tomorrow night if I can get the skates on, as skating always seems to loosen it up.
The Professor 05:20 AM 06-01-2009
Woke up yesterday and could harly stand up...lower back (happens a couple times a year). Today was even worse, could hardly walk most of the day. Better tonight, but I am gonna skip the gym tomorrow too....might try to skate tomorrow night if I can get the skates on, as skating always seems to loosen it up.
I remember the last time that happened to you, Admiral. Ouch! I hope it trues up fast, Brother!!! :-)
PeteSB75 06:32 AM 06-01-2009
Having no medical expertise whatsoever, I prescribe a steady diet of 898 Varnished and single-malt. Try it for a week and then get back to us.

Seriously, feel better. Do some yoga or pilates. Or find a sweet young yoga teacher to help you... :-)

3mi jogging this morning for me. I think I need new running shoes soon, or maybe I just need to stop squatting in mine.
The Professor 07:36 AM 06-01-2009
Doing a "conventional" 4-day split until I move. So today was chest & tri. :-) My stuff was pretty lame; but a ginormous football player asked me to spot his bench a few times. I think the last one was 435 x 3. :-) That was pretty awesome to help with. :-)

Good lifts for those of you who make it in today.... :-)
icehog3 10:15 AM 06-01-2009
Originally Posted by The Professor:
I remember the last time that happened to you, Admiral. Ouch! I hope it trues up fast, Brother!!! :-)
After a steady diet of Vicodin and anti-inflammatories, I think I will be able to skate tonight Dokk, and get back into the gym tomorrow. I have to see how it feels after wearing the duty belt, but right now I am optomistic! :-)

Having no medical expertise whatsoever, I prescribe a steady diet of 898 Varnished and single-malt. Try it for a week and then get back to us.

Seriously, feel better. Do some yoga or pilates. Or find a sweet young yoga teacher to help you... :-)
Lots of sage advice there, Pete....I am going to try to combine the liquor and the yoga teacher and see how it improves my back. If it doesn't, at least it will improve my mood! :-)
PeteSB75 10:25 AM 06-01-2009
Lots of sage advice there, Pete....I am going to try to combine the liquor and the yoga teacher and see how it improves my back. If it doesn't, at least it will improve my mood! :-)
Just make sure he's cute :-)
icehog3 10:40 AM 06-01-2009
Just make sure he's cute :-)
It will be one of your ex's. :-)
BigFrank 05:38 PM 06-01-2009
I dunno bout you guys but most of the pilates / yoga girls round here are like 50 with leather skin and hooker faces. Not to mention the lack and tightness of said missing clothing is disturbing.

Ice, heat repeat. Get a foam roller Tom. 10 bucks. Thank me later.

Bench-
410x5 - 5th rep was a total eye busting, tricep destroying, chest tearing grind of a press. It sucked.
Did some incline then stared at some chick and honestly debated for at least 35 minutes whether or not she got a boob job. I talked this over w/ my training partner. He agreed. Then I asked her and she said yes. To make this situation less awkward I complemented her and told her SHE looked great. I consider this a bases loaded bottom of the 9th save. 3-2 count of course.

I'm going to eat some McDonald's then feel sorry for myself later.
PeteSB75 06:58 AM 06-02-2009
Originally Posted by BigFrank:
I dunno bout you guys but most of the pilates / yoga girls round here are like 50 with leather skin and hooker faces. Not to mention the lack and tightness of said missing clothing is disturbing.

Ice, heat repeat. Get a foam roller Tom. 10 bucks. Thank me later.

Bench-
410x5 - 5th rep was a total eye busting, tricep destroying, chest tearing grind of a press. It sucked.
Did some incline then stared at some chick and honestly debated for at least 35 minutes whether or not she got a boob job. I talked this over w/ my training partner. He agreed. Then I asked her and she said yes. To make this situation less awkward I complemented her and told her SHE looked great. I consider this a bases loaded bottom of the 9th save. 3-2 count of course.

I'm going to eat some McDonald's then feel sorry for myself later.
Nice work. The bench, I mean, not the girl, tho that was good as well, I'm sure :-)

Felt pretty good this morning.
Squat
285x5
295x5
305x5 New PR

Press
115x5
120x5 2 sets

Dead
265x5

Funny, I have just not been feeling strong every day going into the gym. I have been feeling tired and beat up, and then I go out and have a pretty good lifting day. If I ever get my sleep in line, I'll be a monster, I'm sure :-)
The Professor 07:07 AM 06-02-2009
Back and bi today.

Deads: 135 x 10; 225 x 8; 275 x 6; 315 x 5, 5, 5, 6; 405 x 1.5 (oops ... ran outta gas)

Pull-downs: 185 x 10; 210 x 8, 8, 8

Cable low rows: 210 x 10

Cable EZ curls: 80 x 10, 90 x 10, 100 x 8

Hammer curls: 30 x 8, 30 x 6

Called it a day....
PeteSB75 12:39 PM 06-02-2009
Can you squat like this?

http://www.kfbk.com/cc-common/news/s...rticle=5513941
Page 99 of 350
« First < 4989979899 100101109149199 > Last »
Up