Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Random Question About Lighters
PenguinsFan88 09:07 AM 05-10-2012
Originally Posted by Ciro:
I purchased the Bugatti B-1 and love it.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...BUGLIT2&cat=13
Yeah I looked at that lighter. How long have you had yours up and running for?

I wish there was a Youtube video of somebody demonstrating the Xikar Versa, that one had me curious too.
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 09:09 AM 05-10-2012
I like anything Tiger makes. I've had some Xikars that stopped working and never took the time to get them fixed. I have a couple Tiger dual flame lighters that I bought off ebay years ago that still work great. If you can find any Blue Rhino lighters, they are also very good. I saw some on ebay a couple months ago.

MCS
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:16 AM 05-10-2012
Originally Posted by saigon68:
FWIW: one Colibri & it s--t the bed. Now use Coleman Green Piston Wind Resistant Lighter. Works fine for about $18.00.
I also have two of these...black one...and they've been working like a champ for about 16 months. You can usually find these 2/$ 30. :-) :-)
[Reply]
mithrilG60 09:25 AM 05-10-2012
Not sure if the thumb dexterity would be an issue with this one, but I love my Evertorch. Similar in design to the Dupont soft flames, it's a convertible that has both soft flame and torch. Replicant_Argent on this board is the guy to contact about them.

http://www.stogietorch.com/
[Reply]
Ciro 09:33 AM 05-10-2012
Originally Posted by PenguinsFan88:
Yeah I looked at that lighter. How long have you had yours up and running for?

I wish there was a Youtube video of somebody demonstrating the Xikar Versa, that one had me curious too.
I've had it since June of last year and so far no issues.
[Reply]
RHNewfie 12:59 PM 05-10-2012
Forgot to mention I'm in Ontario, Canada.

Due to my locaton, Amazon.com might be a bit of a problem. Are there any Canadian site alternatives?

And I thought sending a torch lighter from the US to Canada through the mail was a no-no anyway?
Canadian Tire will carry the Ronson Jetlite from time to time in the 5 - 10 dollar range.
[Reply]
Fia 01:22 PM 05-10-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
Executive pic:
Xikar has a new improved Executive.
http://www.xikar.com/products/lighters/executive/

Nice heft to it and little larger capacity compared to the old version.
[Reply]
czerbe 01:27 PM 05-10-2012
Retro by Promethus great lighter so far.
[Reply]
PenguinsFan88 01:42 PM 05-10-2012
Originally Posted by Fia:
Xikar has a new improved Executive.
http://www.xikar.com/products/lighters/executive/

Nice heft to it and little larger capacity compared to the old version.
Yeah I'm trying to narrow it down between an Executive or a Xikar Versa

How much fuel can an Executive hold?
[Reply]
shopkins82 01:52 PM 05-10-2012
Originally Posted by RHNewfie:
Canadian Tire will carry the Ronson Jetlite from time to time in the 5 - 10 dollar range.
There's a mod, trimming the spring under the trigger, that can make the Jet Lite MUCH easier to light with MUCH less pressure required.
[Reply]
DMK 01:57 PM 05-10-2012
Originally Posted by RHNewfie:
Princess Auto also carries them and the closest one to you is in... Sudbury....:-)
What is your addy and I'll pop one in the mail. I keep them on hand to include in 'packages'
[Reply]
alice 03:31 AM 05-11-2012
I bought a lighter few days ago on a a wholesale online store ,I think that is a good smartphone that has good quality and reasonable price :-)
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 07:13 AM 05-11-2012
Originally Posted by alice:
I bought a lighter few days ago on a a wholesale online store ,I think that is a good smartphone that has good quality and reasonable price :-)
But she was "Connecting people, powering the would".:-)
[Reply]
Fia 01:14 PM 05-11-2012

I really couldnt say for sure as I havent spent much time using it yet. It appears they are about the same. The question with the versa vs executive is what is the price point you are comfortable paying. Its nice that the versa has a built in punch cutter. :-)
[Reply]
oooo35980 01:25 PM 05-11-2012

+1 for the Versa, I love mine.
[Reply]
PenguinsFan88 01:32 PM 05-11-2012
Was talking to my friend (who I primarily am buying this sort of lighter for given his lack of dexterity and muscle range) and he said he would light his old Colibri Firebird Quorum by holding it vertically sideways so that the ignitor would be facing his shirt (with the flame adjustment wheel pointing forward) and he'd squeeze it to light it.

Can you light the Xikar Executives or Versa's if you hold them that way?
[Reply]
PenguinsFan88 06:42 AM 05-12-2012
I know the brand is generally frowned upon in most circles but what about the Colibri "Maui" lighter?

Small. Nice shape. and thumb activated.

Yay or nay?
[Reply]
replicant_argent 07:17 AM 05-12-2012
No Colibri, ever. While some may be trouble free, overall, disappointment waits. I suppose if it is super cheap, you might be able to justify failure prematurely .
[Reply]
RGD. 07:35 AM 05-12-2012
Originally Posted by mithrilG60:
Not sure if the thumb dexterity would be an issue with this one, but I love my Evertorch. Similar in design to the Dupont soft flames, it's a convertible that has both soft flame and torch. Replicant_Argent on this board is the guy to contact about them.

http://www.stogietorch.com/
I will loudly second this. I got mine from Pete and it stays on my desk which means it gets used 20 to 30 times a day. Flawless is the first word followed by functional with it's dual use set up of soft or torch at the push of a button and it just looks really good also.

Can't go wrong with it at all.

Ron
[Reply]
RGD. 07:44 AM 05-12-2012
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
No Colibri, ever. While some may be trouble free, overall, disappointment waits. I suppose if it is super cheap, you might be able to justify failure prematurely .

Unless you can get a hold of an old one. I have one from back in the 80's. A couple of years ago it finally quit working and I sent it in for repairs. They repaired and cleaned it at no charge (returned my check) which surprised me.

Paid over $100 for it when it was new which at that time was pretty much unheard of. In those days most just used whatever - we didn't have the choices we do today unless you were going for a DuPont.

Ron
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up