Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Old Dirty's Humidor
WaxingMoon 02:56 PM 10-25-2011
Old Dirty had sent me an Accu Monitor to run this thing.... and It should do a great job...as she is sealed tight!

Note the passive system between chambers. All centered around the Accumonitor. The Accu Monitor's sensor is mounted in one of the cigar chambers.

The front accessory panel is completely sealed from the rest of the humidor interior.

Here's what the drawing looked like.... many moons ago.

Thanks so much for your patience, Brandon...(and he has been patient)

I think now.... I'm ready to build another one... it'll go much smoother thanks to taking the time to work through a prototype...

And.... as all prototypes go.... it will be nice to hear how ya'all like it!

Thanks to all!
[Reply]
WaxingMoon 02:57 PM 10-25-2011
A long, long time ago.... I had drew up a prototype humidor based off a popular "asian" model....

Knowing how prototypes are - I knew that I would be in for some trial and error... which, I guess, is the point of prototypes......

10 months ago, I set off on this journey and Old Dirty had faith that I'd get it done...and pretty much supported my efforts financially ( about 1/3 what future models will be going for) while I worked through the bugs to make the prototype a reality....

Agreeing that I would be working on this in my "spare time"...and that it would take longer than normal (I think I had to redo about 3 times..... I had no idea all of the curve balls life was getting ready to throw at me.... as I have had a lot of personal stuff happen over this past summer…. And I’m finally digging my way out…. Yay!

Well…she’s finally finished and will be on it’s way to Canada shortly.

She’s 27” x 13” x 19-5/8” high. She has some heft to her, for sure.

I’m guessing she’ll hold about 500-600 cigars…..

Note: You can take the trays out for box storage if you like…..

[Reply]
Blak Smyth 02:58 PM 10-25-2011
Cool concept, I like the drawers on the sides!
[Reply]
deadrise 03:00 PM 10-25-2011
looks great :-) would be all I need for a few months ha very nice job ed
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 03:01 PM 10-25-2011
I need something bigger than I have now. That is a great looking humi! Very decorative, but at the same time funtional! Nice! :-)
[Reply]
RonC 03:03 PM 10-25-2011
that accumonitor would be more accessible if mounted inside of a cigar box, and placed on top of the cabinet
[Reply]
mase 03:08 PM 10-25-2011
That's beautiful work!
[Reply]
WittyUserName 03:08 PM 10-25-2011
Beautiful work!!! I cannot wait to see it filled.
[Reply]
alexa071 08:49 PM 10-25-2011
She's a beauty Ed! As usual, a piece of art!! The one concern I'd have is the small squares that allow air flow between the middle and the tray sections. If the sensors are telling the humidifier that it needs to catch up to get the outer chambers up to RH I'd worry about getting a spike in RH in the middle chamber leading to mold growth. Have you run it at all yet?
[Reply]
WaxingMoon 08:52 PM 10-25-2011
Originally Posted by alexa071:
She's a beauty Ed! As usual, a piece of art!! The one concern I'd have is the small squares that allow air flow between the middle and the tray sections. If the sensors are telling the humidifier that it needs to catch up to get the outer chambers up to RH I'd worry about getting a spike in RH in the middle chamber leading to mold growth. Have you run it at all yet?
Good point, but I don't believe it will be an issue.... as the humi is tight, so the accumonitor probably won't run very much.... and it would all begin with proper seasoning.....

I think, if it were mine to keep... I would have used beads in the same chamber.... but, that's just me.

No, I haven't run it..... But, I'm sure it'll be fine..
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 09:11 PM 10-25-2011
Wow, I remember when this was just a drawing. that thing looks great.
[Reply]
OldDirty 09:44 PM 10-25-2011
Ed the humidor came out looking great!
[Reply]
hscmit 01:42 PM 10-26-2011
looks great
[Reply]
chaase321 03:18 PM 10-26-2011
Wow Ed, that is awesome looking! :-)

you guys on here have a true talent. I just hope to own something this nice one day!
[Reply]
Crownedone 07:47 PM 10-26-2011
Seriously cool piece of furniture perfect for any home.
[Reply]
Mutombo 09:16 PM 10-26-2011
Gorgeous. Nice job Ed!
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 05:34 AM 10-27-2011
That's a fine looking humi :-)
[Reply]
LigaPrivadaT84 08:23 AM 10-27-2011
Beautful.
[Reply]
OldDirty 09:20 PM 10-29-2011
Thanks everyone for the kind remarks.
[Reply]
WaxingMoon 09:22 PM 10-29-2011
Packed up today... and going out Monday. She is sweet, Brandon.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up