Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 107 of 270
« First < 75797105106107 108109117157207 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
Chainsaw13 06:42 AM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by fxpose:
My new Rib-O-Lator!

I got it most for doing chicken parts.....especially wings!...:-)))
:-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 07:51 AM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by fxpose:
I did a reverse seared, smoked tri-tip last night. Using bourbon soaked oak chips I did a short smoke until the internal temp read 120°F then waited for the coals to turn red hot for the quick sear.
Looks delicious FX:-)

[Reply]
T.G 08:20 AM 05-19-2011
I've been away from this thread for too long. Great looking stuff guys.

Originally Posted by pnoon:
Most definitely.
It was smoked specifically for the S.H.I.T.ers tomorrow.
I don't dare show up without it.
Rick (galaga) brined it and brought it over this morning. I smoked it and will bring it to the herf tomorrow.
Any photos of it after pulling? Let's see that smoke ring...
[Reply]
fxpose 10:07 AM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
I'll play with it on Sat and will post 'did happen' photos....lol...
[Reply]
OLS 01:36 PM 05-19-2011
THIS WEEKEND??? Oh, a sh*tload of bacon, lol. The one man on the boards who does NOT need bacon is going
to smoke about a half a pork belly. I am not happy about the way it is cut up, but I am gonna smoke it. Yay.
It is in stapler sized slabs. But in the end, as long as it's BACON, who cares that it is cut up already? :-)
[Reply]
OLS 01:51 PM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
Any photos of it after pulling? Let's see that smoke ring...
Really. I mean come on...new smoker and no smoke ring-showing? What a cretin.
[Reply]
pnoon 02:49 PM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
Really. I mean come on...new smoker and no smoke ring-showing? What a cretin.
That's ADMIN Cretin to you, Brad.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
forgop 03:12 PM 05-19-2011
Just fired up a chimney for some NY strips...this is gonna be a short stacked 22.5" WSM with the grate directly over the coals with the lid on. I'm outta propane. I may just get rid of the gas grill.
[Reply]
T.G 03:40 PM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by forgop:
Just fired up a chimney for some NY strips...this is gonna be a short stacked 22.5" WSM with the grate directly over the coals with the lid on. I'm outta propane. I may just get rid of the gas grill.
I keep my big gas grill around solely for the side burner. I primarily use it to light my charcoal chimneys.
[Reply]
forgop 04:36 PM 05-19-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
I keep my big gas grill around solely for the side burner. I primarily use it to light my charcoal chimneys.
It's not that big of a deal to roll up a couple pieces of newspaper. Chimney is the best invention ever-I've spent too many years cussing getting charcoal started with crap fluid.
[Reply]
T.G 04:52 PM 05-19-2011
I did the newspaper thing for many, many years. I prefer the burner because it's faster, simpler & cleaner. Nothing wrong with newspaper though.
[Reply]
Steve 06:04 PM 05-19-2011
I loke to use my Flame Thrower for lighting of Bessie (and after a couple of drinks, my cigars :-) )

[Reply]
T.G 06:09 PM 05-19-2011
Weed burners are the shitz.:-)
[Reply]
Steve 06:13 PM 05-19-2011
My firebox is a bit bigger than some...:-)

[Reply]
OLS 06:54 PM 05-19-2011
I had a roomate in NO that used to LOVE to cook out and have summer holiday-type parties, but he NEVER cooked
the fuel out of the charcoal before putting on his meat, and his food always tasted like gas. People would tell him
politely that they liked it, and maybe they liked petroleum chicken. Once I realized that you could start coals with a
little ball of paper, I was amazed and hooked on chimnies forever. I never bought another brique of gassed
charcoal or bottle of fluid. Well, the theory anyway. I have no chimney. I build a little fire of yard twigs, and once it
burns a little, stack coals on top of that. One day I may get one. HD had em for 7.95 the other day, lowest I had seen.
[Reply]
OLS 07:04 PM 05-19-2011
My god, I had no idea bacon was so complicated, haha. I thought you smoked a pork belly and you had bacon.
I did a little reading today after buying the meat. I was like, $hi+...this is hard, lol. So now I am brining the meat
and will continue to mess around with it through Sunday midday. Then I am gonna smoke it. Like I said I think
in another post, the pork belly was cut up into stapler/butterdish sized pieces when I got it, so it will brine a little
quicker I think. If I don't screwup this batch, I will do my second pack soon thereafter. They were both approximately
half a belly.
[Reply]
Steve 07:04 PM 05-19-2011
Back when I was using my NBBD offset, I used an old Folgers coffee can that I had cut the top and bottom out of and punched holes along the bottom edge to allow a bit more air flow thru. I would set it on the grate of the firebox, put in some newspaper and fill it up the rest of the way with lumb charcoal and light. when the coals were going nicely, I used a pair of pliers to lift the can off the grate, spilling the coals into a nice little mound and wala, fire.

My :-):-)
[Reply]
OLS 07:15 PM 05-19-2011
I don't drink coffee, haha. But if I spot a can, I WILL make one. Mostly cause I know the concept of the minion method,
but to tell the truth, I hate to place cold briquets on a hot fire and close the lid, same basic thing, right? Same concept
as a maze?? How the smoke from charcoal lighting doesn't affect the flavor is beyond me. When I go out to the backyard
and see my temps have dropped, I usually place another 10-15 briques on the fire and close the lid. I can't help but think
that's a bad idea. But anyway, I dig the chimnies. Oh and Steve, as Quint said, 'I got that beat'. I used to use a tube of
heavy-ish foil to make a one-use chimney, but that thing burns right through that cheap BigLahts foil, lol.
[Reply]
Steve 09:11 PM 05-19-2011
Even though I use coals to get the fire started, I used wood afterwards. Same as I do in the Lang. So I didn't worry about adding cold coals to the fire, I just fed the fire more fuel (another stick). I also put the sticks of wood on top of the firebox to warm them up before just tossing them in. Again, I do the same basic thing with the Lang, but only with quater sticks of wood.

BTW, I don't drink canned coffee, but my dad does, so I just grabbed a few cans that he was throwing away.
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 09:26 PM 05-19-2011
I use a chimney to start my oak, which I use for the heat in my smoker. Works just the same a charcoal. I usually try to get some smaller pieces to put in the chimney but then i work my way up to log size pieces. I'm a pretty hands on kind of guy so I only use wood when i'm smoking meat.
[Reply]
Page 107 of 270
« First < 75797105106107 108109117157207 > Last »
Up