Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>xikar hygrometer problems
EricF 06:53 PM 02-17-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
Is it adjustable? I know it was asked already but I didn't see a answer.
If it is, then turn the adjustment knob a click or 2 to the right and retest. If it's not then the Boveda test kit will tell you how much it's off so you know where it should be to keep your sticks they way you like them.

Good luck Bro!!! :-)
[Reply]
smitty81 06:56 PM 02-17-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
Is it adjustable? I know it was asked already but I didn't see a answer.
well, it has a calibrate button. but if I do a salt test, calibrate, and do another salt test................it never goes back to %75.

So i don't think the salt thing is working to well.
[Reply]
smitty81 06:57 PM 02-17-2012
Originally Posted by EricF:
If it is, then turn the adjustment knob a click or 2 to the right and retest. If it's not then the Boveda test kit will tell you how much it's off so you know where it should be to keep your sticks they way you like them.

Good luck Bro!!! :-)
yes, I got the test kit. No more headaches............well, at least from this digital hygrometer
[Reply]
EricF 06:59 PM 02-17-2012
Originally Posted by smitty81:
well, it has a calibrate button. but if I do a salt test, calibrate, and do another salt test................it never goes back to %75.

Wait till you get the test kit and redo the test. Just be patient as the calibration can take a few days if yours is off.
[Reply]
MrClean 07:35 PM 02-17-2012
Just bought one tonight, now I gotta wait for it the get here.
Sweet! It'll make life much easier and you don't have to worry about it. I did the same thing you did and finally said 'screw it' and bought the calibration pack.
[Reply]
dwoodward 07:43 PM 02-18-2012

According to the instructions you need to remove the battery before you recalibrate again.

Btw, I just got mine in the mail based on the good reviews. I think mine is defective tho, it says it's 81F in my house, which is insane, my other hygrometers all read 71 and my thermostat says 72... So this thing is already off 10F. I hope Xikar will send me a new one. 10F is unacceptable.
[Reply]
SRSmiscer 12:19 PM 02-26-2012
yep, I've had it about a week. I had a feeling it wasnt very accurate so I did a few salt test on it.

Never comes close to %75

I got the test kit so I will wait and see i guess
Just saw this thread. I too am having problems with my Xikar digi. I have the rectangle one. I have exchanged it at my local place already and the second one isnt reading right. Im sick of trying the salt test. Im ordering my calibration kit tonight.

Also hey Nebraska neighbor! Im in Lincoln!
[Reply]
n0Odle 07:11 AM 04-20-2012
My rectangle XiKar has a calibrate button.. when I do the calibration test with a 75% calibration pack, after 24 hours, etc.. I push the calibrate button and it automatically brings the reading to 75%.
[Reply]
smitty81 07:16 AM 04-20-2012
Originally Posted by SRSmiscer:
Just saw this thread. I too am having problems with my Xikar digi. I have the rectangle one. I have exchanged it at my local place already and the second one isnt reading right. Im sick of trying the salt test. Im ordering my calibration kit tonight.

Also hey Nebraska neighbor! Im in Lincoln!
Whats up dude, I used to live in Lincoln. Did so for 4 years.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up