Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 117 of 138
« First < 1767107115116117 118119127 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
Dude Here 07:50 PM 03-20-2014
Originally Posted by WhiteMamba:
Thanks guys next cigar I think I will give a punch cutter a try.
Have you tried a v cut yet? Sort of a hybrid between the punch and full cut. I like them.
[Reply]
Simple1 09:15 PM 03-20-2014
Thanks guys next cigar I think I will give a punch cutter a try.
Always an option is to find someone into firearms and sharpen a piece of spent brass to use as a punch. Options would be .223, .243, .270, or .308/30-06. Anyone who shoots should have something laying around.
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 10:35 PM 03-20-2014
Originally Posted by Simple1:
Always an option is to find someone into firearms and sharpen a piece of spent brass to use as a punch. Options would be .223, .243, .270, or .308/30-06. Anyone who shoots should have something laying around.
I hunt with a 243 so I have plenty of those laying around but it would probably be a mess to try and sharpen it. I have a punch on the end of one of my lighters that should come in handy. If i get board over the summer or something though I may give sharpening a casing a try.

:-)
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 10:36 PM 03-20-2014
Originally Posted by Dude Here:
Have you tried a v cut yet? Sort of a hybrid between the punch and full cut. I like them.
No I don't have one so I haven't gotten the opportunity to try one. What is the benefit from a v cut that is different from the punch or full? :-)
[Reply]
Simple1 06:16 AM 03-21-2014
Very easy to sharpen. Just wrap a tapered punch or something like that in sandpaper and spin it around the inside of the neck a few times. If you have a reamer, it works even better, with just a few spins inside.
[Reply]
Dude Here 08:07 AM 03-21-2014
No I don't have one so I haven't gotten the opportunity to try one. What is the benefit from a v cut that is different from the punch or full? :-)
The cutter takes a nice wedge out of the cap of the cigar. The opening created is larger than the hole of a punch but still much smaller than a full cut. I like to use them on large ring cigars and those with notoriously loose draws. But really, they work well on any cigar that's not too small or pointed. I also like the fact that it keeps the rounded shape on the cap intact which, to me anyway, is a nice mouth feel. I can send you a few if you'd like. PM me if interested.
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 12:22 PM 03-21-2014
So what is the big deal with the Fuente Opus X? I have seen them referenced on here a few times and I checked them out on a few sites and they are super expensive. What is it that makes them so expensive and are they really that good?

:-):-)
[Reply]
Gabe215 12:46 PM 03-21-2014
They are somewhat rare, certain stores get them more frequently then others. Some on here will say they are over rated and not worth the coin. I am lucky enough to live in an area where I see them all the time and Holt's has them and Anejo sharks at Fuente Mania for a VERY decent price point (a lot of places jack the prices up). I love Opus it is one of the few non-Cubans I smoke, their smaller ring gauge smokes being my favorites especially their Petite Coronas! But that is my personal opinion and everyone is entitled theirs, if you find one for $15 or less I say buy it and try it for yourself, otherwise regardless of the size you are overpaying!! (Oh and they get better and better with age)
[Reply]
Dude Here 01:12 PM 03-21-2014
Originally Posted by Gabe215:
They are somewhat rare, certain stores get them more frequently then others. Some on here will say they are over rated and not worth the coin. I am lucky enough to live in an area where I see them all the time and Holt's has them and Anejo sharks at Fuente Mania for a VERY decent price point (a lot of places jack the prices up). I love Opus it is one of the few non-Cubans I smoke, their smaller ring gauge smokes being my favorites especially their Petite Coronas! But that is my personal opinion and everyone is entitled theirs, if you find one for $15 or less I say buy it and try it for yourself, otherwise regardless of the size you are overpaying!! (Oh and they get better and better with age)
/\ all the info you need right there
[Reply]
bobarian 01:33 PM 03-21-2014
Originally Posted by Dude Here:
/\ all the info you need right there
Well, close. :-) Send and email to tampqasweethearts.com, they are the Factory store for Fuente. They will email you a list of HTF Fuentes including Anejo's and OpusX. You have to call or email them for the list as it changes daily. :-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 03:18 PM 03-21-2014
Originally Posted by Gabe215:
+1

Patience with an Opus X is rewarded. If you can, buy one and let it rest for a few years.
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 10:59 PM 03-21-2014
Thanks guys i will keep that in mind. Im not sure if i am ready for that kind of commitment just yet but maybe in the future. So far the most expensive cigars i have gotten are the Macanudo Vintage 2006. I got a fiver from the devil site for 25. I plan to smoke them at the end of the school year to celebrate with some friends before Vicarage (it is a one year internship so we will be apart for a year before we come back for our final year of seminary).
[Reply]
Remo 11:11 PM 03-21-2014
So, are you going to be a priest?
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 11:22 PM 03-21-2014
I'm lutheran so we are called pastors. Roman Catholics are the only ones who call their ministers priests. I can explain why that is if you would like but it would probably be best to just PM you.
[Reply]
Remo 11:24 PM 03-21-2014
I'm lutheran so we are called pastors. Roman Catholics are the only ones who call their ministers priests. I can explain why that is if you would like but it would probably be best to just PM you.
Gotcha, just didn't know which religion :-)
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 11:26 PM 03-21-2014
haha yeah fair enough. We get confused for priests a lot since we still wear clerical collars, but since we are Lutheran we can get married which confuses people when I am with my fiancé wearing one.
[Reply]
Remo 11:46 PM 03-21-2014
haha yeah fair enough. We get confused for priests a lot since we still wear clerical collars, but since we are Lutheran we can get married which confuses people when I am with my fiancé wearing one.
I am gonna feel bad about :-) a man of the cloth, but I will get over it :-)
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 11:49 PM 03-21-2014
haha well thats ok if you repent :-) I will forgive you :-). Btw your grenade should arrive later today (its saturday already Eastern Time).
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 11:52 PM 03-21-2014
Mike you PM'ed me by accident, Michael seems like Mike is interested, or he just wanted to ask me about the Lutheran faith...and I doubt that. :-)
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 11:56 PM 03-21-2014
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Mike you PM'ed me by accident, Michael seems like Mike is interested, or he just wanted to ask me about the Lutheran faith...and I doubt that. :-)
:-) thanks Adam I'll PM him. I didn't wanna post too much religious stuff here cause I don't want to break the rules :-) not intentionally trying to convert people just explaining what I am doing with my life.
[Reply]
Page 117 of 138
« First < 1767107115116117 118119127 > Last »
Up