Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Genetic Testing and Race
hotreds 03:00 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Pretty sure you can claim you’re a can of tomatoes and no one can question it.
This
[Reply]
massphatness 12:33 PM 04-14-2021
Grandparents were all born in Sicily, and I have always considered myself to be of Italian heritage. A few years back though, I came across an Inuit tribe with the same spelling as my last name - just with a little accent mark thrown in the maybe. Maybe I'm an Indian.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 12:55 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Grandparents were all born in Sicily, and I have always considered myself to be of Italian heritage. A few years back though, I came across an Inuit tribe with the same spelling as my last name - just with a little accent mark thrown in the maybe. Maybe I'm an Indian.
That'll come in handy if you need to apply for a corporate job in the future.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 02:45 PM 04-14-2021
Here is an interesting tidbit... For the sake of experimentation, a guy sent his DNA off to 3 different places that did the testing - 3 different results. Yes, there were some the same, but the percentages were different... and, some of the "nationalities" were different.

There is only one race... it is the human race...
This continual effort on the part of all (including and especially the government) is only worsening the problem labels racial diversity.

Last 3 times the census was taken, when it came to "race" I claimed myself and 4 family members as "other" and put "human" on the line.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
icehog3 05:17 PM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 05:59 PM 04-14-2021
"Well to tell a family secret .. my grandma was Dutch, just tryin to help you out"
[Reply]
8lug 05:21 AM 04-15-2021
Hekewis??:-)
[Reply]
markem 08:29 AM 04-15-2021
Witness protection program? Don't let the Corleone family find out.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:06 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
That'll come in handy if you need to apply for a corporate job in the future.
You clearly don’t understand how affirmative action and wokism works, pretty sure that being Italian gets you nothing ...

https://youtu.be/S3yon2GyoiM
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:16 AM 04-15-2021
Oh yah warning some NSFW language there
[Reply]
blugill 11:47 AM 04-15-2021
I have a great buddy that did the 23 and me test. He was adopted very young
So didn’t know of any extended family at all.
He always thought he was half black, 50/50 but his DNA came back he was 90% Scandinavian! Blew his mind!!!!
[Reply]
T.G 12:06 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dd_qiuWxPs

:-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:29 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by blugill:
I have a great buddy that did the 23 and me test. He was adopted very young
So didn’t know of any extended family at all.
He always thought he was half black, 50/50 but his DNA came back he was 90% Scandinavian! Blew his mind!!!!
That's funny. I thought I was mostly Russian/Ukrainian and rest African. Last test I took, I was mostly African with maybe just 25% Eastern European.

The government stated (when I looked this up about 20 years ago) I cannot claim myself as African American since "only certain regions of Africa" qualify for that label, but the tests say I am from those regions which would be included.

Crazy part is the Ukraine part of my family has African DNA. Talk about Diaspora.

One test my wife took (her family is from Brazil and Puerto Rico) said she was most from the Middle East. 23 & Me said 53% Southern Europe, the rest Native American & African. That sounds more accurate to me considering where her parents are from.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:34 AM 04-17-2021
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
That's funny. I thought I was mostly Russian/Ukrainian and rest African. Last test I took, I was mostly African with maybe just 25% Eastern European.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up