Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Removing Smell
CigarSquid 11:30 AM 03-26-2021
Happy Friday all!

What are you thoughts on how to remove the 'new plastic' smell from this. I bought it a while back for another purpose but now I need something to store the infused cigars I have acquired and this will or should be good for now, other then the smell.

[Reply]
AdamJoshua 05:44 PM 03-26-2021
Sorry brother nothing will remove the smell of those cigars :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 06:12 PM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Sorry brother nothing will remove the smell of those cigars :-)
Smoking them should, but that has its own issues. :-)

As for the case, maybe just leave it open to air for a week or six.
[Reply]
retired 09:24 AM 03-27-2021
soak a piece of paper towel with vinegar and close
leave it in for a couple days
remove the paper and thoroughly wash out the container
leave it open for a couple more days
done
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 09:56 AM 03-27-2021
Open it up and leave a desk fan blowing on it.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 12:06 PM 03-27-2021
never heard of using vinegar, always heard wadded up newspaper inside for a couple days, then open it and let it air out, at least that was the story for getting rid of the plastic smell in winadors
[Reply]
Havanaaddict 12:15 PM 03-27-2021
Dig a hole about 3 feet deep place inside cover up, wait a week. Dig up and that should do it! Now lets talk about the case:-)
[Reply]
CigarSquid 03:14 PM 03-30-2021
I did vinegar. Just a little on a paper towel, wiped it down and let it sit outside for a whole day in the sun. Brought it over night, then did it again over the weekend.

Smokes are back in and smells like cigars now!
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 03:20 PM 03-30-2021
:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 06:22 AM 03-31-2021
[Reply]
longknocker 06:24 AM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by garryyjr:
I did vinegar. Just a little on a paper towel, wiped it down and let it sit outside for a whole day in the sun. Brought it over night, then did it again over the weekend.

Smokes are back in and smells like cigars now!
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Havanaaddict 11:25 AM 03-31-2021
[Reply]
retired 12:28 PM 03-31-2021
:-):-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:00 AM 04-01-2021
If you have access to an ozone generator; that'll do it.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 02:33 PM 04-01-2021
If you were putting into the case infused cigars, you should have just put the cigars in...their own smell would have cured it with a whole lot less fuss and bother.

Local bookstore/cigar store put infused cigars in their walk-in humidor, it only took two weeks to have every cigar in that walk-in smelling like the infused cigars. What a travesty!
[Reply]
CigarSquid 03:52 PM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
If you were putting into the case infused cigars, you should have just put the cigars in...their own smell would have cured it with a whole lot less fuss and bother.

Local bookstore/cigar store put infused cigars in their walk-in humidor, it only took two weeks to have every cigar in that walk-in smelling like the infused cigars. What a travesty!
I did have them in there for 2 days and even on the second day, I did not smell the cigars when I opened it up.
[Reply]
SSDVC 05:53 AM 04-10-2021
I would have used baking soda. Slightly dampen the interior and dump as much as you can in one half, close, shake and let sit for a few days. Empty, rinse and air out for a day or two. Then use as desired. Worked for my wineador.
[Reply]
retired 09:33 AM 04-10-2021
Baking soda is an excellent smell remover and car battery post cleaner or copper wires.
reason I went with vinegar is that the "box" looks like a shoe shine product I have used and has its own unique smell.
Goofle 101 uses for whatever you want and you will see a huge number of interesting sites
[Reply]
Gabe215 08:05 PM 04-10-2021
I just had Covid the other week and that took all the smells away. But I could still probably sniff an Acid out at a cigar lounge!!
[Reply]
Up