Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>stupid advertising
markem 01:54 PM 03-07-2021
This ad has bothered me ever since I first saw it. Have to rant and thought it worth a potential chuckle here.

This picture is used as a teaser to get you to click on an ad. The text of the teaser is "Stop overpaying. Calculate your new home insurance rate." It seems that the pic is designed to make you think that you are smart if you have the blue umbrella. You can be the blue umbrella person, if only you do what they tell you.

Now, let's consider how an umbrella works. I think that we can all agree that it works by shunting any falling rain off to the side. So in this case, the rain runs off the blue umbrella and onto the black umbrellas next to it (I assume that the black umbrellas represent the great unwashed masses). Now, look closely. Based on what we know of umbrellas, the water hitting the black umbrellas, including the water shunted from the blue umbrella, will most likely be shunted back under the blue umbrella and onto the "smart" person with the blue umbrella, causing them to get even more wet that if they hadn't an umbrella to begin with.

Now, let's consider that the advertising company knows this but uses it anyway. What does that say about the people who click on the link in the teaser ad? In any event, I think that the people using the black umbrellas tend to be drier than the person using the blue one. :-)
Attached: umbrella.jpg (37.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Brian D. 03:41 PM 03-07-2021
Hopefully the guy underneath the blue umbrella was wearing his rubbers. [PHRASING]
[Reply]
massphatness 06:06 AM 03-08-2021
I think you have it wrong, Mark. My take is the blue umbrella holder is a bit of an attention seeking, look-at-me narcissist with subconscious desire to be punished or "soaked" as it were. Who better to need a competitive rate on their insurance?
[Reply]
jonumberone 06:23 AM 03-08-2021
You guys see umbrellas?
I see a Smurf getting gangbanged..... But what do I know?
I will agree, she is most definitely wet, and getting rained on.
[Reply]
cmitch 07:26 AM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
You guys see umbrellas?
I see a Smurf getting gangbanged..... But what do I know?
I will agree, she is most definitely wet, and getting rained on.
The masses: "You have a filthy mind!"
jonnumberone: "But you're the ones showing me the dirty picture!"
[Reply]
stearns 07:37 AM 03-08-2021
So what's the company?
[Reply]
markem 08:38 AM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by stearns:
So what's the company?
Not clicking on the link to find out.
[Reply]
CigarNut 11:47 AM 03-08-2021
Mark, i think you have way too much free time :-)
[Reply]
Up