Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Good Eats>Looking For A Grill...
Steve 07:06 AM 01-10-2018
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
pretty much goes with everything.....:-)
X2 :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:21 AM 01-11-2018
So I've used the KJ every night now and love it! It's so easy to use and the lump charcoal seems easier to light and a whole lot less ash!

The best surprise was some chicken I did last night -- I threw in a couple of Applewood chunks and grilled the chicken at around 400* for about 20 minutes and then flipped it for another 20. It came out so good -- juicy and flavorful. I loved that Applewood flavor!

Got me thinking about doing some turkey parts :-)
[Reply]
bonjing 09:22 AM 01-11-2018
Ohhh, smoked turkey legs. Don't forget turkey butt, nice and fatty :-)
[Reply]
jonumberone 12:40 PM 03-05-2018
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
I've started my outdoor kitchen build and I have been looking closely at Blaze Grills.
I like their warranty, and I like the cast stainless burners. I also like the option of swapping out a burner for an infrared sear burner.
If Weber made a true built in, I'd strongly consider it. If money was no option, I'd go with Lynx.
I'm also looking at Lynx Sedona grills, which are a step down from their premium line.
I went further down the gas grill rabbit hole than I ever intended.
After weighing all the options I wound up ordering a 42" Alfresco ALXE.
It came down to Alfresco and Hestan for me. In the end I went with the Alfresco because they offered a stand alone sear zone that Hestan didn't.
I'm probably 6-8 weeks out from being able to cook on it, so I'll report back then.
[Reply]
BigAsh 12:56 PM 03-05-2018
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
I went further down the gas grill rabbit hole than I ever intended.
After weighing all the options I wound up ordering a 42" Alfresco ALXE.
It came down to Alfresco and Hestan for me. In the end I went with the Alfresco because they offered a stand alone sear zone that Hestan didn't.
I'm probably 6-8 weeks out from being able to cook on it, so I'll report back then.
To ABSOLUTELY no one's surprise! :-)
[Reply]
Dave128 10:43 AM 03-06-2018
Can't wait to see pics.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up