Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Mike and Shawn's Kuwait Herf - Dominican Macanudo review
Cigar Mike 01:26 PM 09-24-2012
Well, it sure has been a long time since Shawn and I have had a chance to sit down, grab a couple cigars, and do a review.

Tonight, though, I found myself wandering around Camp Patriot, Kuwait, and we're sitting down with a couple Macanudo "Cafe" (we think, anyways) cigars that arrived here courtesy of all you fine folks here. These are some pretty big sticks - 6x60s.

My hopes for these, prior to lighting, anyway, are high. They look great, and the construction feels good. Like I said, though, it's a 60-gauge or so, and, well, that's probably going to yield some Big Smoke. We shall see. The wrapper on mine is slightly damaged, and the cut felt, well, I don't know the word..."dry" or something.

Weather tonight is nice. It's been cooling off around here, maybe about 90 degrees or so, light wind, pretty darn pleasant for these parts!

Now - to light.
[Reply]
Shawn hines 01:37 PM 09-24-2012
Alright guys here is the live review from the 2 of us. We are really just killing some cigars tonight before we part ways again.

This things are massive, I am a fan already. i like the larger gauge cigar when i am sitting down for the night, it is a nice relax cigar.

This thing feel's good, not too tight not too loose.

This bad boy was a pain in the ass to light up, with a bic lighter... I ran out of butane

Taste is nice and smooth, time will tell on this one
[Reply]
Shawn hines 01:40 PM 09-24-2012
Just throwing it out there guys, these are the patches we are giving to CA.
Attached: CAPATCH.jpg (50.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Cigar Mike 01:44 PM 09-24-2012
I'm about 1 inch into this one....already the disappointment is lurking - lots of smoke so far but not much taste. Hopefully I'll have more to say after the first 1/3rd.
[Reply]
longknocker 01:47 PM 09-24-2012
Awesome Gesture With The Patches, Guys!:-) Thanks For Serving!:-)
[Reply]
Cigar Mike 01:55 PM 09-24-2012
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Awesome Gesture With The Patches, Guys!:-) Thanks For Serving!:-)
Thanks! We've been talking about doing that forever, I'm pretty stoked with the design and am totally looking forward to seeing them, too!
[Reply]
shilala 01:57 PM 09-24-2012
Huh, I wonder what they are?
I'm pretty sure Macanudo Cafe's are little itty bitty smokes? I do remember sending some great big honkin Macanudos in the last Shawn batch, I think. Is it just an M in a circle?
[Reply]
Shawn hines 01:59 PM 09-24-2012
1/3 down

Well I have to agree with Mike, This cigar is putting off good smoke. I am only puffing about 1 to 3 puffs a minute. It seems to burn evenly and the ash is still very tight.
There is just no taste to this cigar for me. Not really enjoying the cigar at this point, i am just smoking it to review it now.

Ash just fell... Thanks Mike
[Reply]
Shawn hines 02:02 PM 09-24-2012
They are the big ones you sent me. I looked them up they are the Macanudo Cafe' Gigante'
[Reply]
shilala 02:04 PM 09-24-2012
Hey Shawn, a proper review for a cigar that sucks after you've smoked 1/3 of it is "This cigar sucks". Then you chuck it and try something else.
I think the guys here will UNANIMOUSLY agree that life is too short for sh1tty cigars. :-)

I see you said they're Gigante's. Maybe they're just not your bag, brother. They're pretty mild stuff, more for guys just starting out.
[Reply]
Shawn hines 02:06 PM 09-24-2012
Agreed, but that means I have to relight a new one... Well just too lazy for all that stuff right now.
[Reply]
Shawn hines 02:16 PM 09-24-2012
Scott, belay my last. This cigar is dead to me... What else is in the box of goodies

BTW, this cigar sucks

Mike is having problems with his internet, I think he will be back later
[Reply]
Cigar Mike 02:29 PM 09-24-2012
Eh, I'm having a tough time finding _bad_ things to say about this, but I really don't have any _good_ things to say about it, either. It's not terrible, but it's just bland and boring. It was built well, it burned well, it just didn't really treat me well.
[Reply]
shilala 02:32 PM 09-24-2012
You guys need to be looking for the dark, spicy sticks. Not the lady stuff.
[Reply]
Cigar Mike 02:37 PM 09-24-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
You guys need to be looking for the dark, spicy sticks. Not the lady stuff.
Ha! For the record, I feel the need to point out that this was Shawn's pick tonight.

Just saying.
:-)
[Reply]
shilala 02:54 PM 09-24-2012
Lol. Maybe he'll wanna snuggle later, Mike!!! :-)
[Reply]
Cigar Mike 03:34 PM 09-24-2012
Oh, no! He did just drive me to dinner at the DFAC, too.
It all seemed so innocent until now!
[Reply]
shilala 03:37 PM 09-24-2012
That made me lol for real.
[Reply]
Shawn hines 11:29 PM 09-24-2012
Ok, Yes I did pick them cause they were 2 of the same and large gauge cigars.

Yes I would perfer something with a little more kick.

Yes I would love to cuddle with Mike, It has been about 10.5 months.... The man is starting to look good to me; a little taller than I perfer, but we can make it work.
[Reply]
Up