Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Ashton VSG Corona Gorda
DAFU 09:59 PM 01-14-2009
I was visiting family in SC over the New Years and visited Charleston for a couple days. Anyway to make a long story short I forgot to take any cigars with me, but luckily there ended up being a Tinder Box/ Club Habana next door to the Motel we were staying.
I excused myself after dinner for an hour or so and found a cigar I haven't smoked recently; the Ashton VSG Corona Gorda. The store keeper made me feel at home with some fresh brewed coffee and good conversation as I puffed on this fine cigar. Nicely constructed and kept well, this cigar was a treat from the get go! The first puff produced an enormous cloud of delicious grey smoke. Tasting of earth and tobacco just like a cigar should, it delivered a bold but not ovebearing tasteiness. Just right for an after dinner treat! As the cigar progressed I was duly impressed with the whole smoking experience. An even burn, perfect draw, and hints of indescribable spicyness complimenting the bold earthy tobacco exceded my expectations for the next 3/4 hour. I don't smoke many Dominicans, but I will be sure to pick up some more of these. Highly reccomended and rated a solid 9/10. If you find yourself stuck on CCs or Nics I suggest you give the VSG a try! Might open your eyes to something you/ve been missing!
[Reply]
MikeyC 10:12 PM 01-14-2009
The VSG's are some of my favorite NC's and the Corona Gorda is my favorite VSG.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:22 AM 01-15-2009
Excellent review, Dave! :-)
[Reply]
rizzle 08:11 AM 01-15-2009
I picked up a handful of these before the end of the year and got around to smoking one a couple of weeks ago. I had the same experience as you and plan on keeping some of these around. It was the perfect size, and to be honest, the first cigar I've nubbed in a while. That pitch was right in my wheelhouse.

Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
zmancbr 10:33 AM 01-15-2009
Nice review! :TU

Originally Posted by MikeyC:

I feel the same way. I love the VSGs and the Corona gorda and Illusion are my two favs... :-)
[Reply]
Boobar 02:26 PM 01-15-2009
Originally Posted by MikeyC:
Mine too. :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 02:29 PM 01-15-2009
I bought a 5er of the VSG corona gordas a while back and they have been resting. I may just have to break one out this weekend!!

Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
GTsetGO 06:57 PM 01-15-2009
i had the VSG Illusion today. First time. I was very pleased with it. Awesome smoke.
[Reply]
yourchoice 07:03 PM 01-15-2009
Great review. I like these too. Last one I had was on the beach this summer...it's 19 degrees here now, why did I say beach? Ugh.
[Reply]
Up