Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 23 of 138
« First < 13212223 24253373123 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
icehog3 11:31 PM 01-02-2010
Originally Posted by Pauly Walnuts:
Yes patience is a virtue, and by you not telling me how much time, Im probably gonna have to have alot of it. lol
Yup, not something we advertise. :-)
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 06:37 AM 01-03-2010
In that MRN book, I seen he said that the cigars are not able to be aged once a SLB cab is opened up for inspection, or something like that. Is that totally true?
[Reply]
icehog3 08:57 AM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh:
In that MRN book, I seen he said that the cigars are not able to be aged once a SLB cab is opened up for inspection, or something like that. Is that totally true?
Where does he say that? (Page number).

Completely false.
[Reply]
Pauly Walnuts 10:47 AM 01-03-2010
Why keep the ash as long as possible?
[Reply]
Chris. 10:52 AM 01-03-2010
Some believe the ash helps to mellow the flavors of the cigar down a little and keep the burn straight. I always knock it off around 1" anyways.
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 11:44 AM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Where does he say that? (Page number).

Completely false.
I seen someone on that over at puff.com I'll see if I can dig it up/
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 11:56 AM 01-03-2010
I found it here at cA forums.

http://forums.cigaraficionado.com/ev...95/m/846102093

Its in there somewhere, im going to read all of the posts now.

Here is the quote " I do believe he is referring to aging and not breaking the seal on the boxes. the varnished boxes slow any air exchanging while the paper boxes let fresh air in and out quickly.

"While aging cigars, once the seal has been broken, they all become the same." I believe that MRN said that in his book.

Ive seen more talk about that on other forums, but I cannot find it. Any info on that?
[Reply]
icehog3 01:44 PM 01-03-2010
"While aging cigars, once the seal has been broken, they all become the same." I believe that MRN said that in his book.
Complete crap. :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 03:26 PM 01-03-2010
I found it here at cA forums.

http://forums.cigaraficionado.com/ev...95/m/846102093

Its in there somewhere, im going to read all of the posts now.

Here is the quote " I do believe he is referring to aging and not breaking the seal on the boxes. the varnished boxes slow any air exchanging while the paper boxes let fresh air in and out quickly.

Ive seen more talk about that on other forums, but I cannot find it. Any info on that?
I Agree With Tom. Cigars Change In Flavor, Texture, Etc, "Daily" . How Can They "Become The Same"???:-)
[Reply]
14holestogie 03:29 PM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by longknocker:
I Agree With Tom. Cigars Change In Flavor, Texture, Etc, "Daily" . How Can They "Become The Same"???:-)
Perhaps they were trying to say once the box is opened (or removed from the box) they all age at the same pace. :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 03:35 PM 01-03-2010
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
Perhaps they were trying to say once the box is opened (or removed from the box) they all age at the same pace. :-)
That Seems Like "Common Sense", Though, Tim. I'm Still :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 03:40 PM 01-03-2010
I just read Mr. Nee's thoughts on aging and on packaging. No where does he state that unsealing or opening an SLB will stop the cigar from aging. In fact, he says that exposing cigars to oxygen will actually cause them to ferment and age more quickly, though he does opine that cigars that are devoid of oxygen or breathing will age more "beautifully", albiet more slowly.
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 03:41 PM 01-03-2010
huh, wonder why that member was talking about that? Is it somewhere else?
[Reply]
icehog3 03:45 PM 01-03-2010
Not in Min Ron Nee's book as far as I can see.
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 03:49 PM 01-03-2010
Well good to go then. Thanks for verifying that.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:52 PM 01-03-2010
Well good to go then. Thanks for verifying that.
My pleasure, never a chore to pick that book up and learn. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 08:39 PM 01-03-2010
Good example of "don't believe everything you read" - especially when you don't know the source.
[Reply]
cigarz 11:27 AM 01-04-2010
I got the cigar bug big-time over the last two months or so. However, I live in Wisconsin and the biggest issue I have is where to smoke.

I won't/can't smoke in the house, and the last week has been too cold to be easily comfortable in the garage. How do my northern brethren deal with this? Do you routinely use a cigar lounge? Have you build and outdoor room of some kind?

Thanks, in advance.

Mike
[Reply]
14holestogie 11:48 AM 01-04-2010
Originally Posted by cigarz:
I got the cigar bug big-time over the last two months or so. However, I live in Wisconsin and the biggest issue I have is where to smoke.

I won't/can't smoke in the house, and the last week has been too cold to be easily comfortable in the garage. How do my northern brethren deal with this? Do you routinely use a cigar lounge? Have you build and outdoor room of some kind?

Thanks, in advance.

Mike
We decided when we moved into our latest house about 8 years ago, smoking in the house was not going to happen. So....

I've got a "lounge" set-up in my insulated garage. A kerosene space heater aimed at my legs and I'm good for hours at a time.
[Reply]
cigarz 11:06 AM 01-06-2010
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
We decided when we moved into our latest house about 8 years ago, smoking in the house was not going to happen. So....

I've got a "lounge" set-up in my insulated garage. A kerosene space heater aimed at my legs and I'm good for hours at a time.
Thanks for the Info. My garage is not insulated, but I may have to change that and keep an eye on the big box stores for deals on heaters!

Mike
[Reply]
Page 23 of 138
« First < 13212223 24253373123 > Last »
Up