Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 22 of 33
« First < 12202122 232432 > Last »
Sports>Packer fan thoughts
dave 06:36 AM 12-17-2012
Anybody know what Ryan Longwell's up to? I know there's millions tied up in Crosby, but he's bad enough now that it isn't just the missed kicks....he's going to be affecting all aspects of offensive playcalling and game planning now. At the very least, bringing in someone else to compete with might be the smack upside his head that he needs right now. Or just replace him. Those 3 or 4 million aren't worth the risk of causing a future playoff loss.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 07:27 AM 12-17-2012
Originally Posted by Stephen:
I believe Gabe Carimi (Bear Jew) and Greg Camarillo are. As far as all time, I know that Sid Luckman, Andre Tippett, and Ron Nix are.
I should have remembered Sid Luckman.
[Reply]
Stephen 08:11 AM 12-17-2012
Originally Posted by dave:
Anybody know what Ryan Longwell's up to? I know there's millions tied up in Crosby, but he's bad enough now that it isn't just the missed kicks....he's going to be affecting all aspects of offensive playcalling and game planning now. At the very least, bringing in someone else to compete with might be the smack upside his head that he needs right now. Or just replace him. Those 3 or 4 million aren't worth the risk of causing a future playoff loss.
It's already affecting playcalling. First drive in the second half they go for it on 4th & 6, well within field goal range, only up seven. Now, they ended up converting the 4th down and scored a touchdown on that drive, but nine times out of ten in a one possession game with that much time left on the clock, a team is going to take the, "automatic" three.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 08:28 AM 12-17-2012
It has been affecting play calling for a few weeks now.
[Reply]
Stephen 08:31 AM 12-17-2012
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
It has been affecting play calling for a few weeks now.
Agreed.
[Reply]
shilala 10:13 AM 12-17-2012
Good grief, they went full retard on that play. I honestly can't say what upset me more; the first miss by Crosby or that play.
I'm all about going for it on fourth down or throwing some trickfoolery in there. They scream about Tomlin being aggressive every week. I'm 100% behind him, you gotta play your odds, stick your neck out, nothing ventured nothing gained, all that stuff. Football requires balls.
There was no call for that play whatsoever. They didn't need it, it wasn't strategic, and all it could have done is served them up a loss.
Personally, I threw up, swore at the tv, and texted Stephen to make sure he hadn't run head-first through his tv. :-)

I thought maybe they wanted to try out the play in a live situation to see if their gadgetry worked. That didn't even make sense. It tipped their hand to the whole league and now they can't possibly drag it out if they need it during their playoff run.

There's only one answer. Crack pipe.
(Really I think the coaching staff just got caught up thinking too hard and made a silly mistake. McCarthy probably can't come up with an answer, either. Someone should have jerked his headset off.)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 11:27 AM 12-17-2012
Originally Posted by shilala:
Personally, I threw up, swore at the tv, and texted Stephen to make sure he hadn't run head-first through his tv. :-)
:-)...Got that posted on YouTube yet Scott???

[Reply]
MarkinAZ 02:11 PM 12-23-2012
Didn't get to see any of the game out this way, but it must of been enjoyable to watch at Lambeau Field today. Seeing the score so far on Fox: Packers 55, Titans 7:-)

[Reply]
14holestogie 02:46 PM 12-23-2012
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Didn't get to see any of the game out this way, but it must of been enjoyable to watch at Lambeau Field today. Seeing the score so far on Fox: Packers 55, Titans 7:-)
My son streamed it on the computer for us to watch while in FL. That's the way the games are supposed to go. Stress-free. :-)

We were kinda ticked they lost the shut out in the closing minutes. :-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 02:51 PM 12-23-2012
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
My son streamed it on the computer for us to watch while in FL. That's the way the games are supposed to go. Stress-free. :-)

:-)...You get a little relaxed and that stuff happens Tim.

Gonna be a good game next week with the Packers playing the Vikings in Minnesota. I think we'll get that game on FOX out this way since its a NFC North Black and Blue game:-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 05:55 PM 12-23-2012
Son, Nathan, and one of his buddies went to the game.

They said they had a blast, the crowd was absolutely stoked.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 05:58 PM 12-23-2012
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:

Come on, didn't you pay attention to the coverage? They were protecting about the long ball.
[Reply]
Stephen 10:35 AM 12-24-2012
:-)...You get a little relaxed and that stuff happens Tim.

Gonna be a good game next week with the Packers playing the Vikings in Minnesota. I think we'll get that game on FOX out this way since its a NFC North Black and Blue game:-)
With both teams having something to play for, to boot. Should be a fun one to watch.:-)
[Reply]
shilala 11:04 AM 12-24-2012
I was really pulling for AP to beat Dickerson's record. With his sub 100 yard game yesterday I think he needs around 212 yards against the Pack next week to beat Dickerson, around 100 to hit 2,000. Shame he's not gonna get either.
With no Percy Harvin, you'd think it'd be all AP. After yesterday, even with the big win for the Vikes, I think they showed they just aren't dynamic enough to beat a team like the Packers.
I'm wondering how McCarthy will bring it next week? If he comes with some silly, conservative, protect his players gameplan, he's likely to let the Vikes stick a foot in the door. They need to hit that game full speed ahead. :-)
[Reply]
Stephen 11:23 AM 12-24-2012
I was really pulling for AP to beat Dickerson's record. With his sub 100 yard game yesterday I think he needs around 212 yards against the Pack next week to beat Dickerson, around 100 to hit 2,000. Shame he's not gonna get either.
With no Percy Harvin, you'd think it'd be all AP. After yesterday, even with the big win for the Vikes, I think they showed they just aren't dynamic enough to beat a team like the Packers.
You realize that Peterson got about eleventy billion yards against us not even a month ago, right?
I'm wondering how McCarthy will bring it next week? If he comes with some silly, conservative, protect his players gameplan, he's likely to let the Vikes stick a foot in the door. They need to hit that game full speed ahead. :-)
With a bye week on the line, I seriously doubt this is the case.
[Reply]
14holestogie 11:36 AM 12-24-2012
About the only one on the team who's played more than the last 3 weeks in a row is A-Rod. All the others have fresh legs or are just coming back from injury and need the playing time to get the timing down. I don't foresee a repeat of last years mistake in week 17.

But, I wouldn't put a fork in AP quite yet. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 11:36 AM 12-24-2012
You realize that Peterson got about eleventy billion yards against us not even a month ago, right?

With a bye week on the line, I seriously doubt this is the case.
Yeah, you guys were about as challenging as running through orange cones. I'm guessing someone in that organization understands tape and can plug enough holes to shut AP off.

I'm just thinking out loud, but I'm guessing McCarthy is pretty certain about whooping up the Vikes right now. Who isn't? It just makes me wonder "from what angle does he build his game plan?"
It's should have a playoff game feel with the stakes involved, but I'm wondering if he wants to get the team in playoff mode this early? It'd be a lot nicer if this was a "coast off into the playoffs" game.
I'm just looking forward to see how he approaches it. The Pack is my team now that my boys are headed for a long golf season.
[Reply]
Stephen 11:44 AM 12-24-2012
Yeah, you guys were about as challenging as running through orange cones. I'm guessing someone in that organization understands tape and can plug enough holes to shut AP off.
Our run defense is about as stout as wet one-ply toilet paper. Ever since the bye week it's been downright putrid (for a variety of reasons).
I'm just thinking out loud, but I'm guessing McCarthy is pretty certain about whooping up the Vikes right now. Who isn't? It just makes me wonder "from what angle does he build his game plan?"
It's should have a playoff game feel with the stakes involved, but I'm wondering if he wants to get the team in playoff mode this early? It'd be a lot nicer if this was a "coast off into the playoffs" game.
I'm just looking forward to see how he approaches it. The Pack is my team now that my boys are headed for a long golf season.
This early? It's Week 17...:-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 02:52 PM 12-30-2012
:-) Packer D, such poooooooor tackling techniques on Peterson:-):-)

[Reply]
mkarnold1 02:55 PM 12-30-2012
Peterson just makes the tackling LOOK poor. Because he's a beast.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 33
« First < 12202122 232432 > Last »
Up