Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Won Award - Popular Science "Best of What's New"
Mister Moo 11:53 AM 11-12-2008
Hard work and good luck pay off, sort of. In a half-solvent housing market I might have even have a bright future with this product line. :-)

http://www.popsci.com/bown/2008/product/jhrg-storm-rest

Still, it's nice to be recognized on a new product by one this big. Honeywell certainly helped but my two partners and I put a lot into this development. I will sleep with a copy of PopSci tonight. Woo hoo.

:-)
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 11:56 AM 11-12-2008
Great work Dan!! Congrats on the award!! :-)
[Reply]
LordOfWu 11:56 AM 11-12-2008
Congrats!!! Sounds like a lot of work, well deserved reward!
[Reply]
fissure 11:58 AM 11-12-2008
Congrats! Now the question is can we build bomb proof mail boxes out of this stuff:-)
[Reply]
Rockestone 11:58 AM 11-12-2008
Man that's great. Congratulations!! Time for a celebratory smoke. Oh, and you should have one too.:-)
[Reply]
kayaker 11:59 AM 11-12-2008
Wow. Awesome work and congrats on the accomplishment.
[Reply]
cbsmokin 12:04 PM 11-12-2008
Way to go Mister Moo.
[Reply]
awsmith4 12:05 PM 11-12-2008
That's just plain cool brother, way to cool :-)
[Reply]
Stick 12:05 PM 11-12-2008
Congratulations, that's nifty! :-)
[Reply]
newcigarz 12:08 PM 11-12-2008
Congrats!
[Reply]
GKitty 12:08 PM 11-12-2008
Congratulations on the award!

An awesome product.
[Reply]
mikeyj23 12:12 PM 11-12-2008
Wow! Huge congratulations - what an accomplishment!
[Reply]
68TriShield 01:09 PM 11-12-2008
Very cool Dan!

I guess "Florida the Plywood State" is done.
[Reply]
Ace$nyper 01:42 PM 11-12-2008
So cool!!

Congrats on the award :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 01:49 PM 11-12-2008
Congratulations! :-)
[Reply]
jledou 02:08 PM 11-12-2008
Very cool! We should have got you to use Kevlar!

Jay
[Reply]
jjirons69 02:11 PM 11-12-2008
Way cool!!! I know you're beaming!
[Reply]
Mister Moo 03:48 PM 11-12-2008
Originally Posted by jledou:
Very cool! We should have got you to use Kevlar!

Jay
Hoo boy.... (Bless the good people at DuPont... there are many.)

Kevlar has its place, but not usually in a high flexion non-composite form, outdoors, exposed to moisture, high levels of UV-radiation and the other odd environmental hazards that diminish the working properties of the family of aromatic polyamides. Shall I be more specific? No, no... of course not.

Our patented laminate begins with S900 Honeywell Spectra ultra high molecular weight polyethylene and is bonded, with a special process, to ethylene vinyl acetate film. It ends up at more than double the tenacity of type xx Kevlar, in excess of 30 grams/denier. Or, in other words, more than twice the strength of Kevlar without the application shortcomings.

Otherwise... Hooray for Kevlar. It still saves a lot of lives.
[Reply]
galaga 04:19 PM 11-12-2008
Originally Posted by Mister Moo:
Hard work and good luck pay off, sort of. In a half-solvent housing market I might have even have a bright future with this product line. :-)

http://www.popsci.com/bown/2008/product/jhrg-storm-rest

Still, it's nice to be recognized on a new product by one this big. Honeywell certainly helped but my two partners and I put a lot into this development. I will sleep with a copy of PopSci tonight. Woo hoo.

Congrats Mr. Moo

Kevlar has its place, but not usually in a high flexion non-composite form, outdoors, exposed to moisture, high levels of UV-radiation and the other odd environmental hazards that diminish the working properties of the family of aromatic polyamides. Shall I be more specific? No, no... of course not.

Our patented laminate begins with S900 Honeywell Spectra ultra high molecular weight polyethylene and is bonded, with a special process, to ethylene vinyl acetate film. It ends up at more than double the tenacity of type xx Kevlar, in excess of 30 grams/denier. Or, in other words, more than twice the strength of Kevlar without the application shortcomings.

Otherwise... Hooray for Kevlar. It still saves a lot of lives.

Just shows to go ya, you can lead a cow to water, but you can't make it change its polyethylenes to polyamides.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 04:30 PM 11-12-2008

I have no idea what you just said. Image

Congrats Dan! Image
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up