Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Padilla Hybrid Robusto
bookman 09:56 AM 04-05-2009
This is my first attempt at a review, so bear with me.

I sat in my car at lunch watching the boats on the river as I smoked this tasty victrolla. Right from the starting puffificating; toasty and nutty. This cigar is quite oily. I noticed this as I was feeling it to see if it was spongy to the touch, which it was. As I lit my car gar these oils lubed up my tongue for the flavor reaming my mouth was about to receive. The cigar, a bit loosely packed hissed a little. It went "hisss" as I smoked it. I liked that because it reminded me of my pet snake I had as a kid, Garfield was his name name, not after the cat but after the old President.
Anywhoo, by this time I am noticing creamy notes of cream and milk-fat (also called "cream"). Then the taste of pecans. During the finals the cigar takes on a taste of oregano. Yes, peo-ple: OREGANO. So it reminded me of pizza. I smoked this "bad boy" to the nub. the last flavors I detected were minty and pleasant.

Overall a very slow and enjoyable 40 minutes of smoking enjoyment. An 8 out of a possible 10. I thank you!
[Reply]
greenwit 04:14 PM 04-05-2009
Premium stick at bundled prices....can't beat that.
[Reply]
BillyCigars 05:23 PM 04-05-2009
Good review!

I actually liked the couple of these that I had.
[Reply]
e-man67 06:57 AM 04-06-2009
Very creamy and smooth...really like these.
[Reply]
tobii3 07:41 AM 04-06-2009
Originally Posted by bookman:
...as I smoked this tasty victrolla
You smoked a victrolla??

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
bookman 08:25 AM 04-06-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:
You smoked a victrolla??

:-):-):-)
I was hopin someone would catch my "Archie Bunkerism"!:-)
[Reply]
Smokey Bob 01:11 AM 04-13-2009
One of my favorites and always in my humidor.

Never had one hisssss at me, thank God, and never tasted milk or cream or mint from one, but they are a bit nutty.

I have always felt that the main flavor component was "forbidden island tabacco" with a bit of spice.

Robert
[Reply]
TOB9595 08:27 PM 04-18-2009
This is a TERRIFIC smoke and I am happy that MOST? folk will pass these up as some sort of seconds.
A taste all it's own and wonderful construction.
Thanks for the notes
Tom
[Reply]
G G 10:24 PM 04-20-2009
You know I bought a fiver of those when I first started smoking. I don't think that I knew enough at the time to say whether they were good to me or not. I have one left, so I need to try it and see if I like it.
[Reply]
scooter 07:35 AM 04-21-2009
Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
bookman 08:46 PM 04-23-2009
This is def. a like it or not smoke. It divides people the way acids and Gurks do, I guess.
[Reply]
Sr Mike 09:03 PM 08-25-2009
I picked up a 5er of these and currently smoking my first one. I have to let these rest for a long time, it did not taste good to me. From the start I tasted wildfire smoke like that of burning brush, at the end I tasted burnt rubber. Two flavors that I do not particularly enjoy. Though the construction was flawless and burned perfectly, the wrapper is beautifully golden in color with a gorgeous band.

I am hoping age will help these out for me.
[Reply]
G G 09:04 PM 08-25-2009
I smoked the last one a while back and I thought it was a good cigar.
[Reply]
tzaddi 10:29 PM 08-25-2009
Hey this was one of my first reviews back in May of 07.

I always have a handful in the humidor. I nubbed it too :-)

Here is a bit of a photo assist, hope you don't mind.

[Reply]
dubnick 10:30 PM 08-25-2009
I'm really diggin' that B & W Photo...

Nice :-)
[Reply]
Scottw 10:36 PM 08-25-2009
I love this cigar and have smoked many but never got "minty" or "oregano" on the palette. Interesting to hear others opinions.
[Reply]
Sr Mike 06:02 AM 08-26-2009
That B&W photo is really cool!

When I woke up this morning, I could still taste this cigar :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 12:21 PM 08-26-2009
These are very enjoyable!!!

Thank you for the review and thanks Richard for the fantastic photos!!!
:-):-)
[Reply]
NickyTeen 02:56 PM 08-26-2009
I enjoy most Padillas ,but this is my least favorite. Just found them boring and lacking in flavor. With all the positive comments i may have to revisit this one . Still got a few in the humi that are about a year old so maybe worth another shot. And thank you for the review!:-)
[Reply]
Mr B 04:17 PM 08-26-2009
I really liked the one I had, but it had about a year on it. I got another 5er of em'. I am going to let them rest too, just in case.
I got Creamy, Nuttyness from mine too. I believe they need a little age on them.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up