Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Newer Cigars You Recommend
mahtofire14 08:35 AM 01-05-2024
So I've been out of the game for awhile and am looking to see what newer (last 5 years or so) cigars that have come out and are worth trying? I'm a San Andreas junkie and love anything with that leaf in it so I'm always looking for those. Mostly a maduro fan also. That being said I'll give anything that comes with a good review a shot. Right now I've got the staples from ten years or so ago stocked, DE brands, Brickhouse maduros, Illusiones, Fuentes, OMB, V Melanios etc.

Anything new out there worth trying?
[Reply]
longknocker 11:19 AM 01-05-2024
Originally Posted by mahtofire14:
So I've been out of the game for awhile and am looking to see what newer (last 5 years or so) cigars that have come out and are worth trying? I'm a San Andreas junkie and love anything with that leaf in it so I'm always looking for those. Mostly a maduro fan also. That being said I'll give anything that comes with a good review a shot. Right now I've got the staples from ten years or so ago stocked, DE brands, Brickhouse maduros, Illusiones, Fuentes, OMB, V Melanios etc.

Anything new out there worth trying?
Pete: You Might PM Dave (Weelok) If No One Responds. He's Always Up On The "Latest & Greatest"!:-):-)
[Reply]
mahtofire14 11:22 AM 01-05-2024
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Pete: You Might PM Dave (Weelok) If No One Responds. He's Always Up On The "Latest & Greatest"!:-):-)
Thanks Greg
[Reply]
Weelok 12:33 PM 01-05-2024
I will toss out the following real quick. On my way to ski.

Plascencia, Warped, Aganorsa cigars, Regios, Dapper Maduro (bit pricy), try out the reblended Tatuaje red for sure, and definitely Olmec if you can find them.

The Illusione TAA is fantastic if you can find it.

Newer Illusuuone like Haut and the Allegino (so?) are ver good.
[Reply]
mahtofire14 12:40 PM 01-05-2024
Originally Posted by Weelok:
I will toss out the following real quick. On my way to ski.

Plascencia, Warped, Aganorsa cigars, Regios, Dapper Maduro (bit pricy), try out the reblended Tatuaje red for sure, and definitely Olmec if you can find them.

The Illusione TAA is fantastic if you can find it.

Newer Illusuuone like Haut and the Allegino (so?) are ver good.
Thanks Dave, I almost pulled the trigger on a 5er of Hauts on Cbid last night. Already had a few too many bids out though. Been stocking back up on my OMBIII. Cbid sure has them readily available. Also picked up a few fivers of Undercrowns and Nica Rusticas. Love those NR's.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:11 PM 01-05-2024
I'm a big fan of Rojas cigars now that I'm smoking more NCs. Street Tacos, Bluebonnets, Unfinished Business, Breakfast Tacos are all tasty.

I've also liked several of the Aladino cigars I've tried, bought a box of the Vintage Selection.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 02:12 PM 01-05-2024
PM me your addy...I will gladly send you a few of the things I have been trying. Not sure if they are new to the cigar world, but they are new to me. Some are "bargain" cigars I have found in different places that have made it into my stable as they are good smokes and if I am going to have a half dozen or more while out fishing, it is better to have a $12-$30 day's worth of cigars than a $60-$120 day's worth of cigar.

If you know what I mean.

Personally, I am still smoking some of the old standbys. But, if you want some newer smoke, I'd also suggest trying some that I have found enjoyable.
Caldwell cigars. I truly enjoy "Long Live the King" & "The King is Dead" lines.
Curivari has a bunch of great line.
Foundation Cigar Co. is a bit pricier, but they have stellar smokes.

Of course, I'm one of those who is still waiting to find a Viaje that makes me sit back, take notice, and say, "Wow, this is a great smoke."

There are some other folks here who have been more up on trying the new stuff, so maybe they'll chime in. Personally, I'm still looking to find boxes of Litto Gomez Diez cigars.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
mahtofire14 02:24 PM 01-05-2024
Thanks for the recommendations guys. I'll check those out. Rev, I'll send you a PM as I'm always up for good budget cigars. Just like my bourbons. I like some of the good stuff, but there are so many good budget bottles to try I find that almost more fun.

I'll return the favor with some of my favorite Rev!
[Reply]
icehog3 02:30 PM 01-05-2024
Good call by The Rev on Caldwell. I'm not sure the Long Live the King is as good as it was a few years ag, but still a solid smoke.
[Reply]
mahtofire14 09:46 PM 01-05-2024
Found a new one of interest while perusing on Cbid tonight. Rosa de Guadalupe from AJ. San Andreas wrapped too. Came out in 2019.
[Reply]
MaytagMan 10:59 PM 01-05-2024
I'll echo Tom on Rojas for sure. I have not had something from him that I don't like.

The Olmec is solid from Foundation, and I have a taste for their new Metapa too.

I still like EP Carrillo, oh and the Dunbarton stuff is all solid too.
[Reply]
Weelok 06:03 AM 01-06-2024
Ditto, EP Carrillo Pledge and Encore are excellent.

Black Label Trading Company makes some very nice cigars. I particularly enjoy the Salvation and Royalty.

Some BLTC distributor specific cigars are great. Atlantic Cigars Dreadnaught as well as the Fox Cigars Ariposa Black are very good.

Some Warped Cigars that I would say are must try are the Nicotina and Moon Garden. All Warped cigar are worth trying.

Casa Fernandez Guardian of the farm are must try’s.

Aganorsa Leaf Signature Selection are fantastic.

And I highly recommend the Viaje Tsar. Cigar Federation has five packs available. I’m not sure if there are differences from the Gray, Blue, or Red but the Reds seem very similar to the Skull and Bones red IMHO.

My problem is there are too many good cigars hah.

Originally Posted by MaytagMan:
I'll echo Tom on Rojas for sure. I have not had something from him that I don't like.

The Olmec is solid from Foundation, and I have a taste for their new Metapa too.

I still like EP Carrillo, oh and the Dunbarton stuff is all solid too.

[Reply]
TXRebel 06:20 AM 01-06-2024
Trinidad Espiritu Series 2, Brazilian Arapiraca
Trinidad Espiritu Series 3, San Andres
My Father The Judge

And anything that Weelok suggested.
[Reply]
Up