Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>COH Custom Rolled?
mosesbotbol 08:19 PM 08-29-2022
How are the COH custom rolled?

I think they're mix of different countries, but they all the vitolas of interest from Lancero to Double Corona. Been meaning to buy a bundle for ages, but now that Habanos are like hen's teeth I need to think about some NC alternates.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 08:55 PM 08-29-2022
Sent you a msg
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 12:08 PM 08-30-2022
For those prices, you can buy a wide selection of premium NCs. So, unless they're rolled on Fidel's granddaughter's thighs...

Back in the day, Lew Rothman would say that an Ecuador Sumatra wrapper has the most authentic flavor. Try the H Upmann Nicaragua, which is rolled by A J Fernandez. Easily available on auction sites. Don't pay MSRP.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 01:09 PM 08-30-2022
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat:
For those prices, you can buy a wide selection of premium NCs. So, unless they're rolled on Fidel's granddaughter's thighs...

Back in the day, Lew Rothman would say that an Ecuador Sumatra wrapper has the most authentic flavor. Try the H Upmann Nicaragua, which is rolled by A J Fernandez. Easily available on auction sites. Don't pay MSRP.
I like the H. Upmann 1844 Anejo series cigars and would consider buying them again.

Just dipping my feet into the NC world. I like Nicaraguan cigars, but they can be on the too strong side for me. Joya de Nicaragua would put me in my place with the nicotine.
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 01:16 PM 08-30-2022
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
I like the H. Upmann 1844 Anejo series cigars and would consider buying them again.

Just dipping my feet into the NC world. I like Nicaraguan cigars, but they can be on the too strong side for me. Joya de Nicaragua would put me in my place with the nicotine.
I've always considered Joya to be too strong. Or maybe, strong for no good reason. Besides the Upmann, I'd suggest:

- Oliva Series V Melanio (the priciest of my suggestions)
- Ava Maria Divinia (Yes, a catalog house cigar!)
[Reply]
borndead1 08:53 PM 09-11-2022
I've tried 2 sizes.

The Dalias are full flavored almost to the point of being overpowering. They need a looooong nap in the humi. Like 3+ years.

The lanceros are fantastic. Really great smokes. Spicy. Not as 'strong' as the Dalias.
[Reply]
Up