Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar construction...
badbriar 09:57 AM 07-28-2013
Which cigar brands do you find to have the best construction? List not only the high end sticks, but some exceptional budget / mid priced ones as well. This is not your favorite cigars, but best construction, in your opinion!

I personally find the PDR 1878 Capa Maduro to have extremely good construction. Those are rolled using entubado technique, which as you know is the most time consuming and likely considered the best method for creating a good draw and even burn.
Also, like the LFD Double Ligero construction quite a bit.
RR
[Reply]
dwoodward 10:21 AM 07-28-2013
I have never once had a CAO or Perdomo with wrapper issues or major burn issues. So I'd vote those two brands for good construction.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 10:45 AM 07-28-2013
Cohiba (cc) and Padron are two that come to mind.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 11:12 AM 07-28-2013
I've never had a major issue with a Padron or anything from Drew Estates. And I second the vote for Perdomo, they're consistently good.
[Reply]
Fredo456 11:19 AM 07-28-2013
Oliva. Never had any problem with these.
[Reply]
Heavy_d 11:30 AM 07-28-2013
Gotta second the Drew Estates. Never had any construction issues with any of them.
[Reply]
bstarrs 04:20 PM 07-28-2013
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Cohiba (cc) and Padron are two that come to mind.
You are insanely lucky if you've never had a Cuban Cohiba with construction issues. Because of the sheer numbers of them (and Montecristos) that are produced in Cuba they are notorious for shoddy construction.
[Reply]
Lockspur 05:37 PM 07-28-2013
Surrogates, Old Henry, Ligas, Ramon Bueso Genesis, Ave Maria, pretty much any well-aged AJ Fernandez.
[Reply]
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 10:19 PM 07-31-2013
CAO, Drew Estates, 601's, Genesis the Project, Padron.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 09:28 AM 03-19-2023
Reviving an old thread instead of starting a new one. Wanted to discuss poor construction. Been smoking mostly NC’s lately. Finding more and more with poor construction. Tunneling, canoeing, etc. Anyone else notice this? Just fired up an Oliva O robusto. Normally a very consistent cigar. However the burn started off wonky and continues for the first third. Frustrating to have to keep touching it up.
[Reply]
Up