Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
All Cigar Discussion>Are you addicted to cigars?
akumushi 09:24 AM 05-06-2010
Not to cigars, but this forum maybe:-)
[Reply]
OLS 09:45 AM 05-06-2010
Originally Posted by Stevez:
As a 20 year cigarette smoker, then a cigar smoker, they are quite different. I would really miss not having a cigar for sure and enjoy 3 - 4 per day now. I don't crave cigars the way I did cigs. I had to have a cig first thing in the morning. I think the cigar desire is much more mental, although I agree there are physical addiction attributes.
I am with not-so-stupid on this one.
Some of it sounds good to me. But as a former smoker for SOME time, I KNOW what nicotine addiction
is like. The only problem you ever run into is with know-it-alls, in my case my mother, a dear woman
and a nurse, who believes everything she reads by do-good, best-intentioned family practitioners with no
knowledge of oncology, but who love to get paid to write articles for Parade newspaper insert mags
about how bad cigar smoking is for you and how it is as addictive as cigarettes, and it makes you go
blind and impotent, etc.

Just insert your personal busybody in place of my mother and you will get an earful of all this valuable
health info theyuncovered. Probably in a fortune cookie. You can REALLY want a cigar, but you will
not likely become an abrasive, jittery @$$}{)Le for one. You get nicotine, yes, and I know this because
I often use a cigar to get over quitting withdrawals with some success.
[Reply]
akumushi 10:23 AM 05-06-2010
Yeah, I think the big thing is, you don't get addicted to cigars, you get addicted to nicotine, and as a nicotine delivery device, cigars are cumbersome, time consuming and have a very slow delivery system, so they simply are not condusive to addictive behavior. If I were addicted to nicotine, I would just start smoking cigarettes again rather than trying to milk my fix out of an expensive luxury product. Cigars are for relaxing and enjoying the flavor of a quality product, about slow, reflective time alone or with friends, they are not about a cheap fix. :-)
[Reply]
tomc3084 10:25 AM 05-06-2010
I don't really know if I am, since I am addicted to cigarettes I am not sure....I am trying to quit smoking cigarettes though, down to 8 a day from 20 a day :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up