Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>How to Calibrate a Hygrometer?
jetsman2806 04:14 PM 06-05-2013
hey guys quick question i just got my digi hydrometer, and now started to do a salt test as described above with a tupperware container.

does it need to stay the entire 24 hours if it hits 75% before? after 25 mins its currently reading 70% humidity /86 temp . Should i leave it the full 24 to be safe?
[Reply]
CigarNut 05:13 PM 06-05-2013
I would leave it in just to see how the hygrometer settles down. After going to all the trouble to do the test what's another day?

Just my :-)
[Reply]
jetsman2806 05:45 PM 06-05-2013
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
I would leave it in just to see how the hygrometer settles down. After going to all the trouble to do the test what's another day?

Just my :-)
yea i am gonna leave it over night , its kinda leveled off at 72% after 1 1/2 hrs
[Reply]
MarkinOR 05:58 PM 06-05-2013
Originally Posted by jetsman2806:
yea i am gonna leave it over night , its kinda leveled off at 72% after 1 1/2 hrs
Norman, I've left my digital hygrometer in a small sandwich bag with dampened salt (using distilled water) for 48 hrs (I have lots of patience) for an initial reading. Then, have opened the bag to give the calibration knob a click or two, up or down, for adjustment, close the sandwich bag and monitor for 24 to 36hrs. I just like to make sure:-)

[Reply]
jetsman2806 01:26 PM 06-07-2013
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Norman, I've left my digital hygrometer in a small sandwich bag with dampened salt (using distilled water) for 48 hrs (I have lots of patience) for an initial reading. Then, have opened the bag to give the calibration knob a click or two, up or down, for adjustment, close the sandwich bag and monitor for 24 to 36hrs. I just like to make sure:-)

thanks i think its all calibrated now, off by 1% , now just waiting on the humidor to finish seasoning. now on day 2.
[Reply]
mikesr1963 06:46 PM 01-25-2014
I'm doing my second hygrometer using the salt test. This one just, as the other was at 75% within an hour. The dial hasn't moved in 3 hours. On the other, I waited 24 hours and the dial was solid the entire time. Other sites I've read recommend 12 hour wait. So far, I haven't seen the need to wait that long. Each time the meter started at an RH in 30's.
[Reply]
cmw6300 09:31 AM 02-07-2014
I just started the calibration on my hygrometer last night. After about 12 hours it is sitting at 78%. The salt calibration method is really simple and easy to do. I have the container sitting on top of the humidor where the humidor will be kept to try and keep the conditions as ambient as possible.
[Reply]
rickytrnr 11:29 PM 03-23-2018
Hello

If you have a cage for your pet lizard or frog, you can use the salt test to calibrate a hygrometer.

__________________________________
Best site freeblowjobalert in Inida
[Reply]
T.G 01:00 AM 03-24-2018
Originally Posted by rickytrnr:
Hello

If you have a cage for your pet lizard or frog, you can use the salt test to calibrate a hygrometer.

__________________________________
SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM
Well, poo... I don't have a pet frog, and no cage can hold my lizard, so I guess I can't calibrate my hygrometers.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up